Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When will Wizard101 finally end?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
I know Wizard101 is supposed to continue, where we saw Malistaire and Morganthe, then now we must defeat Old Cob. But what's next after Mirage/Empyrea? Will there be another villain? Or will KI stop developing the game? When do you think the game will end?

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
RedRitual on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
I know Wizard101 is supposed to continue, where we saw Malistaire and Morganthe, then now we must defeat Old Cob. But what's next after Mirage/Empyrea? Will there be another villain? Or will KI stop developing the game? When do you think the game will end?
I'll be 4 years until the next arc comes out (If it even comes out). They can always figure out a way for another arc, it's just how much people want to stay with the game.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Kingsisle stated previously they have many more chapters planned, and we only just started the third.

My guess is the game will stop at level 250 or 300.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I'd hate to see this wonderful game end at any time, but I do realize that it cannot last forever. Personally, I think that after about 3-4 story arcs have begun and ended with a few side worlds in-between, KI might just consider ending the game. However, it could also be possible that it will not end by any means within the foreseeable future, and it will just keep going. I'd prefer for Wizard101 to continue for as long as possible, but all good things must come to an end.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
The Storyline may finish eventually, but the game itself will probably get more gameplay updates. My best guess is the game will stop getting updates when the lead Developers Pass away.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The story will end when people stop paying enough for KI to keep developing the game. Games like this either continue or die, the story doesn't get a neat little wrap up. As long as the game remains profitable, the story will continue.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
If people keep discussing the game ending, then it will end.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I don't want the game to end. I love Wizard 101! I've been playing for years now, since I was a kid. I'd love it to just keep going and going. I'm finally in the high levels, and everything excites me. The spells, the gear, the worlds, I love it. Every time I see a max player, I want to be like them. I'm an adult, but I still love this game.

But the numbers of people who are playing the game worry me. These days I'm surprised to see more than one full realm. That's crazy! I've just gotten back from a long break from the game, so I'm used to having like four full realms all the time. I'm honestly worried. If people stop playing and paying, Wizard 101 will end. If enough people are playing it will continue, but we're experiencing a decline.

I want Wizard101 to continue, but I'm worried.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
The story will end when people stop paying enough for KI to keep developing the game. Games like this either continue or die, the story doesn't get a neat little wrap up. As long as the game remains profitable, the story will continue.
There are successful MMOs around that are from 1999 or earlier -- older than many Wizard101 players! I expect Wizard101 to be around for a good, long while. If this game ends, it will be because something so much better exists that nobody will mind.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2015
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Just think about this: WoW is still around, and it was started in the early 2000s. You can say that they are 2 totally different games, but just like in WoW, if people are paying, the story will always advance.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
If Wizard101 ends I will die of sadness

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
I am assuming it probably won't end for a while, you don't have to worry about it because they have a game a good amount of people play and are benefitting from it. If it does end it wont be for a while.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Looking at Pirate101, even if Kingsisle stopped updating it, Pirate101 is filled with lovers, and people who create a new pirate after a new pirate.
That's the same thing with Wizard101. Wizard101 will never end, it will keep on going. When you were a low level and going into Merle Ambrose's house after defeating Malistare's minions, and you were so excited to finally be enrolled in Ravenwood, and grow to become an amazing wizard. But you knew it was going to happen again. Even if you did the storyline already, it doesn't mean all your Wizard101 has ended. You should try all the other schools! See which one you like the best!
I have a lot of different wizards, because I like to expand my strategies. Doing one at a time is what some other people do. If you finished the areas and didn't buy membership, then make everysingle wizard level 110 on your account! Furthermore, you could defeat Morganthe more times. She deserves torture. Eh?
Anyways, I hope this helps you expand to the possibilities of Wizard101.
Your everyday wizard,
Katie LifeSword 92
Brianna 20
Scarlet DragonBreath 32
Isabella WaterRider 40
Nicole 41
Abigail FireWard 10

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, now that you think of it, many of us have probably not even much thought to when the game would actually case development.

But as others have said above, their love for the game is real. Real connections were made with real people all across the world. For that, many of us has the game and it's developers to thank for that. Whether it will end in the next couple years or couple decades, I'm sure every one of us, especially the veterans, who've actually been and seen it all, will never, ever forget that part of our lives known as Wizard101.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we saw a spin off with entirely new schools though? L
Haha, but I guess that's for another story.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
omg spoilers spoilers i swear you ruined the whole gameplay for my friend hes beginning khysalis. Shame on you! Also, it will never end

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I don't think it will end. Grandfather Spider is the 3rd arc's Big Bad, but perhaps he's not the only First World being of Shadow. Think about this with these questions of my own.

What if we see more ancient First World Shadow sentients that are bent on destroying the Spiral? What if Grandmother Raven and Bartleby aren't alone in facing said sentients? Why should we rely on just traveling to new worlds alone to face more new threats & sometimes return to past worlds to explore more new places & face some new threats?

We've stopped Malistaire from getting what he wants three times, and bested Morganthe in using the Song of Creation to reshape the Spiral, stopped other villains trying to accomplish their own goals so far, and even if, one day, we may end Grandfather Spider once and for all, if it's possible, I don't think the Spiral will run out of evil forces to try to destroy the Spiral anytime soon.

There's still many more numerous countless possibilities, bedazzling mysteries & stories, & many more new Big Bads & other villains out there that will rise up and keep us busy for a very long time. Tame one threat down, another flares up & the cycle keeps on going.

As many remember in the February 2014 edition in the Ravenwood Bulletin, & I will say this to quote from KI, "We have such amazing plans ahead... as well as several new chapters ahead in the story of the Spiral.", "We're not going anywhere, young Wizards; the real adventures in the Spiral are just beginning!". Several, being the keyword.

We shall not worry, W101 will not shut down anytime soon.