Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freaky patterns in terrain

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I'm getting used to the changes that came with the new update. My connection improved, but I have a sudden new glitch in the terrain. The squares, triangles, pentagons, etc. that make up flat surfaces on the ground, cliffs, walls, houses, have changed. Some of the panels are normal, some have become solid colors, and some show a distorted version of the pattern that is on them. As I move in the game, the ones that are affected change, some blinking back to normal, others that were fine distort. As I run, the stone streets in Colossus boulevard are a shifting blinking mix of stone, striped panels in stone color, grey triangles, and on the bends in the road are tan circles or tan pac-man shapes where the battle circles tend to appear. Some of the patterns are stretched as if seen through a fish eye lens. It is weird and gets a bit sickening after a while. I'm hoping this problem goes away soon, or if it's just me, someone has a suggestion.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Do you have that windows 10 anniversary update that everyone's talking about? There have been significant problems with running Wiz after installing that update.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I've been experiencing similar issues. At least now I know for sure it's not my computer.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I was wondering if my issue was Windows related, but not windows 10. I downloaded updates to my video drivers, but that didn't fix it either. I didn't have much time to play for a week, when I returned, all was well again. I figure K I must have fixed some bugs that sneaked in with the update.