Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Musical Scrolls

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2013
Sometimes, I get bored of the generic musical scrolls, so I go to my instrument ( in-game, of course, because as of now, there is no violin ) and do some improvisation ( creating a song as you play ). And sometimes, I really like what I improvise, but there is no way to keep it going.

1.) Yes, there is recording. But you have to keep the Instrument's GUI on screen, and therefore, cannot move. This may or may not be a problem to people who are AFK, however.

2.) Scrolls? As I have said before, these musical scrolls are pre-set, and you cannot customize or create your own.

I think that once you record a musical piece, a pop-up comes and says,

" Would you like to convert this piece into a scroll? "

YES or NO

If you click yes, you have to pay a few crowns ( Say about, 250 Crowns ) to convert it. If the player pays up, the recording is removed from the custom tab and made into a scroll. You can name it as well, but the name can only be created by Filter Chat words, and tempo can also be specified. It looks generic, but the symbol in the middle is a crown symbol. These can be put into a Musical Scroll Player like an ordinary scroll.

Bonus : Custom and Generic Musical Scrolls could be able to put into a scroll slot in an instrument, making the instrument automatically play the piece.

The Pop-Up also can be turned on and off via Options Tab in the Spellbook :

Custom Scrolls Pop-Up [ < ] On [ > ]

Chris Wyrmstalker I Diviner I Level 69

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Wow, I really like this! As an addition, I think that a semi-expensive crafting recipe would be an alternative to a small crowns price, like the one you had listed (just so that there is always an alternative route of recording).

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
the only issue to being able to record music even if made form instruments there is copyright. You could with some perseverance make the instruments play a piece very similar to or the same as existing music in the charts or whatever, that could land KI in serious trouble. There should be more music to pick from though. Its a great idea but would be hard to police copyright infringements.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I'm a bit confused lol.
there are something like 132 musical scrolls and with randomized play you can really create some cool mixes.
I have a playable violin that I crafted at the Grizzlehiem crafting station. Granted it does not Play like the playable piano but more like the playable harp. So I am guessing you mean you want more instruments like the playable piano.
you are welcome to visit my Myth House anytime an play away.
Abigail Skygarden