Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grand master and legendary gardening badges

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
I think KI needs to rethink these two badges for the amount of time and crowns to complete this with no new seeds to require those skill and no new drops make this the most wasteful and useless endeavor that KI has made. What is
your opinion.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
I agree. It is taking forever to get to the highest gardening level. It would also be nice if our energy increased with each level as a reward for diligence. I would rather use my crowns to buy henchmen for battle rather than garden spells to keep my plants from dying. I missed out on a few of the gardening bonus days you had. Make it for a whole month rather than 3 days. I am also disappointed that you can not buy wrenches for jewelry with gold. Crowns are a luxury item for me, but I have plenty of gold, tons of jewels and no where to put them. Just a thought. Thanks for listening.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
traveler265 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
I think KI needs to rethink these two badges for the amount of time and crowns to complete this with no new seeds to require those skill and no new drops make this the most wasteful and useless endeavor that KI has made. What is
your opinion.
It's actually the easiest thing in the game. It takes no cost, no skill, and no effort. You need to spend a couple minutes when you login and get loads of rewards for no effort all.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
traveler265 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
your opinion.
I really don't see it as wasteful or useless nor do I see a need for KI to do anything to change the way it currently operates. It's a virtually unlimited source for gold, TC and reagents. Gardening is only as time consuming as you make it and there's no reason to ever spend Crowns on it unless you're in a hurry for some reason. If you plan visits home so that you have the energy you need to care for your plants when you visit you'll never lose a plant. After all, other than the Badge and the ability to buy higher level spells, what other reason is there to level up quickly in gardening? In many cases, even if you did level quickly, the drops are somewhat controlled. Although it can happen, you're typically not likely to get a seed that requires skill above your gardening level provided you've advanced at a reasonable pace.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I think the more acurate thing to do is adjust the level you need to be to get certain spells. If I am not mistaken this post is spurred by the release of khysalis and its seeds/garden spells. The seeds can be planted at a lower level than what you need to be to get the pest removal spells for them. Meaning the only way to grow them without worrying about pest is to use the expensive and energy consuming summon fairy which makes me only plant one or two khysalis seeds at a time.

Maybe if they adjusted the level you need to be to get the spells to a lower level it wouldn't be as bad. I'm still working on becoming a level 15 gardener and by the time I do reach it my sub will be up and a new world with potentially even higher level plants and pests will be out.