Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-2-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The sun is shining, the temperatures are warm, and it's Friday again. All is well! Even better, it's time for Feedback Friday!

I really enjoy writing my Producer Letters every so often. With the posting of this one, I started to wonder to myself who else Wizards out there would want to hear from...

King Artorius is our lead creative designer, and has Story Time.

Arthur Wethersfield is one of our talented senior programmers, and is a frequent poster.

..and, of course, Greyrose is always on and about the forums, as you know.

What other folks would you like to hear from? More from Moolinda Wu, our lead programmer? Cyrus Drake, our lead designer? Sherlock Bones, our lead artist? Emperor Yoshihito, our sound producer? Perhaps other folks in the company? What would you ask them if you had one question?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Prospector Zeke, Eloise Merryweather, Gamma, Hilda Brewer.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hmm... From the ones you've described, is it possible you could have Sherlock Bones take a break from his sloothing of imperfections in game design and come chat for awhile? I'd love to know how all the concept art and designs come into play. I'd probably ask him...

How does the art team come up with such amazing designs and characters? I love their creativity! And do you guys to spell designs as well? I've never seen spell design concepts before.

And Emperor Yoshihito should come out and hear the noise of praise I have for all the amazing sound that's gone on. I think I would ask:

What brought about the change in music in Khrysalis? Worlds before it had loud, announcing music, but much of the music of Khrysalis was softer and quieter like the steps of a lurking insect. It also used more a lot techno sounds (Moon Cliffs theme for example (Love that one!)) in each theme. Why the change?

I'd also like to hear from Pacal Redmask again. He appeared here and there to give advice to troubled Wizards but his appearances have become so few after the unavoidable, meteorlogical, doom-pertaining, desaters of Azteca (now that I say that out loud, it makes a whole lot of sense). I think I would ask:

What is it you do at KI and how does it impact the community?

On a side note: Professor Falmea you've got me really excited for this summer. What could this rewarding update be? Any hints, please?

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I would love to ask the Emperor how he got the infamous "Bug crackling" sound from the Mantis' people in Khrysalis. It is so cool!!!! And frightening at the same time

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Malorn AshThorne and what it is like to teach spells to other students, even though he is a student himself. Or a segment from him where he explores the life of a student.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
I would bring in Dworgen!!! Or maybe even Malestere I really want to ask them about bringing in the Nightmare Pack. I don't really think its fair that all schools have a pack but death doesn't. Like just like pheniox hoard was for and we need a pack for and and i have had a lot of friends agreeing with me so yeah Dworgen.

Administrator
Thanks everyone! I'll see if I can scare up some answers. One I can answer for Emporer Yoshihito that I've heard the bug crackles live, even before we put some magic on it, and they are very creepy/cool! ::grin::

New feedback Friday will be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea