Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dear Death Wizards.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Well, as of late, I have been a proud necromancer. I have gotten waterworks gear and obtained a shadow beast that may cast tower.BUT. On my pet is a talent that is epic or ultra rare, and gives me, one, infecton LOL, if it's ultra rare, why is it not, "may cast infection." SPRITELY is RARE, and I see at least three of those a turn, I put this in pvp category accordingly because pets, are the backhand, to pvp. I sure do doom and gloom, but they sure can get rid of it. I mean, think about it, me and a Myth are neck and neck, I go first and if he heals, i'm in no good shape, I don't have enough pips to really attack and I'm weaknessed something decent enough. I could either cast my pets epicly rare infection and watch his pet spritely take it away, or I could sacrifice his weaknesses away and my pet could infect his pets upcoming spritely. So.. I don't think I've seen anything that needs more fixing. They'd still be healing something nice even with an infection on their spritely. DEATH 4 LIFE!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Brandon Nightcaste... on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
Well, as of late, I have been a proud necromancer. I have gotten waterworks gear and obtained a shadow beast that may cast tower.BUT. On my pet is a talent that is epic or ultra rare, and gives me, one, infecton LOL, if it's ultra rare, why is it not, "may cast infection." SPRITELY is RARE, and I see at least three of those a turn, I put this in pvp category accordingly because pets, are the backhand, to pvp. I sure do doom and gloom, but they sure can get rid of it. I mean, think about it, me and a Myth are neck and neck, I go first and if he heals, i'm in no good shape, I don't have enough pips to really attack and I'm weaknessed something decent enough. I could either cast my pets epicly rare infection and watch his pet spritely take it away, or I could sacrifice his weaknesses away and my pet could infect his pets upcoming spritely. So.. I don't think I've seen anything that needs more fixing. They'd still be healing something nice even with an infection on their spritely. DEATH 4 LIFE!
I dont agree with the way KI made card giving talents epic but unfortunately we are stuck with the outcome. Only bit of encouragement i can give is try to train it out of your pet and get a better talent, I know its a long hard road but with persistence comes victory as Prof Greyrose says.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
I agree. They have made mc fairy, mc weakness, mc pierce. So why not infection? Fairy is just as "strong" as a mc infection. So why not a mc infection? They even have mc smoke, mc locust swarm and mc tower. If anything tower should just be a card considering it blocks 50% of any school including balance.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
actually, this probably should be under pets, not PVP. Infection is a pet talent.

May cast Fairy, 'Fairy Friend' is an uncommon talent, 'Spritely' is rare, 'Spell Defy' is Rare, 'Spell Proof' is Epic, 'Pain Giver and Sharp Shot' are ultra-rare. Not sure who comes up with how the talent is "rated" but the only real effect the rating of talents has is on the Pedigree of a pet.

Best advice is, if you dont like a talent, hatch with a different pet that has other talents and try and get rid of the talent that you dont like.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
rare, ultra-rare, etc does not define how often the talent triggers, it defines how available the talent is within the gene pool (i.e. how hard it is to get the talent itself).