Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
I have hatched with the gnome trying to get it five times, and have not succeeded in getting it. I have already hatched and gotten forest lord so I am wondering if you can only get one pet from your own school while hatching? I am also wondering if there is a percentage of what pet you will get from either yours or the person you're hatching with. Thanks.

Wolf

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
You can get any Life-School Only pet you want, As long as you're life. You may just have bad luck. Try going in the hatcher second and clicking ready first, That usually gives me the pet i want.

The percentage on getting a pet depends on what kind of pet it is, If your Life school and try hatching with a helephant (fire school only) you will NOT get the helephant since you are life.

With other pets such as a danger hound, sheep pet, ghost hound (correct me if i am wrong) You can NOT get these through hatching. So i would say the percentage is 50/50

Note: There is probably more pets you can not get threw hatching.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Blake Night Stalke... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
You can get any Life-School Only pet you want, As long as you're life. You may just have bad luck. Try going in the hatcher second and clicking ready first, That usually gives me the pet i want.

The percentage on getting a pet depends on what kind of pet it is, If your Life school and try hatching with a helephant (fire school only) you will NOT get the helephant since you are life.

With other pets such as a danger hound, sheep pet, ghost hound (correct me if i am wrong) You can NOT get these through hatching. So i would say the percentage is 50/50

Note: There is probably more pets you can not get threw hatching.
Thanks Blake, that will help allot.

Wolf

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Say if I wanted to hatch with Lord of Winter, while I am life. I would not get it? Or would I? Do you mean that I can only get a pet from my own school?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wolf IronThorn on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Say if I wanted to hatch with Lord of Winter, while I am life. I would not get it? Or would I? Do you mean that I can only get a pet from my own school?
You would not get Lord of Winter if you are not an ice wizard doing the hatch.

When hatching for school pets you can only get your school pet in return - unless it's for a hyd bred of 2 school pets hatched that are the same level school pets.

Example: I hatched my Lord of Winter lvl 98 pet with the Storm school lvl 98 pet and got a purple storm version of my Lord of Winter.

If I get locked in to getting my pet back after several hatches I try to hatch with another pet to see if that helps.

Mary