Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Has anyone else been battling this boss forever and getting nothing from it? After two days of farming her, I gave up. I got one card after an hour of trying, and it was a life card. I'm death and I really want the deer knight card. I've tried for so many hours, but only got a single card that I didn't want and wasn't going to use. I know I can try to craft it, but I haven't crafted any cards before and I know it takes so many ingredients, which equals more farming. What can I do besides give up? I'm not going to keep farming it there's such a rare chance of getting a spell card, let alone the one I want. Help?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Two days is nothing!

I have been trying since late May or early April -- I think my first post about this was in early April. I would guess my daughter and I have done several hundreds of runs by now -- and still neither of us has gotten a single spell.

I am very disappointed in this particular boss. I would like the spells for my lower level wizard(s), but so far, no luck.

As for crafting them, by the time you can craft them in Zafaria, you have already passed the level where they are useful.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I haven't farmed her in a while, but on average most of my wizards got a spell about every 200-300 battles. Almost always not the one I wanted. Myth, Life and Balance have simpler options than all the other schools too. They can each get a spell each from Mooshu bosses that are much easier and drop ONLY one spell.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well thanks for the stats, Seethe. Can't say I like them much, but at least I know I'm not the only one who has to do it over and over and over and over...

Personally, I think this low degree of success is a bit excessive, and really decreases the fun of the game. But I suspect you knew that already.

Anyway, wish me better luck. I think I need it about now!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
I farm her about once a week for one or two dozen battles. In a year, I have only won the ice spell for my fire wizard. My advice is to have no expectations about what you may or may not get. No expectations means no disappointment. The game is completely playable without any of the spells she drops. I would add that, in my opinion, she drops some very nice treasure cards.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, my daughter and I finally did get spells from her, in the same battle, after so many hundreds of runs I lost count long ago.

Ironically, my death wizard got the Goat Monk, which is not practical for me, and my daughter (who uses a Life amulet with her fire wizard) got the Lord of Night spell, which she doesn't need but which my death wizard really wants.

But hey! At least now I know it really is possible! So maybe if we keep it up at this rate, every four months or so we can get lucky again. Maybe even we can get spells we could actually use!

Yes, she does give good TC, and the drop spells are pretty cool, but I still think this boss needs a bit of an upgrade. Either increase the chance to get the spells, or make it so the spells can be crafted from the DS craft vendor -- maybe in the DS crafting station near the entrance to Mally's place.

Oh well, here is looking forward to the next few months of novel, exciting visits to that nice, generous lady ghost and her delightful pip companions! And she "lives" in such a fine location too! Gee, can it get any better?

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Two days psh that's nothing I've been farming for a month give or take some weeks.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I've been trying to get deer knight for my level32 death wizard. I've farmed approx. 342 times and have learned samoorai, weaver, brimstone revenant, catalan, goat monk and handsome fomori. I do have a life amulet so I use weaver, but will never use the other spells. I've noticed that she drops a learned spell around every 65-75 fights. Domt give up. I've just resolved myself to keep farming her until I get deer knight. It's gonna take a while, but I'm up for the challenge. I guess it depends on how bad you want it.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I have been farming Loremaster for quite some time now. I have yet to get any of her dropped spells. I have been farming her with my balance and my fire girl. I don't excpect go get any spells but the treasure cards can sell nicely and if I get enough of the right cards I can craft the spells I want. I love the teaming up aspect too unless you get super low levels (like with only 500-900 hp)..... Anyway, I go into it thinking yay I will get some gold along with some lootz and tc to sell to get more gold!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
After I got Lord of Knight instead of Deer Knight (the only one I really wanted), I broke down and crafted it. I farmed Loremaster since it came out, and while I got a good amount of spells, I never got the one I really wanted, and the only reason i farmed her on my death.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Is fighting Loremaster the only way to obtain her 14 spells?
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster

No, you can farm, buy packs in the Crown Shop, or Craft Loremaster Spells using recipes.

Recipe VendorMaster Yan Kan Kook (found in MooShu's Shirataki Temple instance after defeating Plague Oni):

Brimstone Revenant
- Keeper's Lore Pack
Goat Monk
- Ninja's Lore Pack, Boss Drop: Zaneki
Keeper of the Flame
- Keeper's Lore Pack
Krampus
- Yuletide Pack, (Krampus Treasure Card Recipe also sold by Master Yan Kan Kook)
Luminous Weaver
- Keeper's Lore Pack
Ninja Pigs
- Ninja's Lore Pack, Boss Drop: Koto
Samoorai
- Ninja's Lore Pack, Boss Drop: Shoji

Recipe Vendor Grady (found in Avalon at Dun Scaith tower after defeating the Indigo Giant):

Catalan
- Knight's Lore Pack
Deer Knight
- Knight's Lore Pack
Handsome Fomori
- Knight's Lore Pack
Lord of Night
- Shaman's Lore Pack
Loremaster
- (Loremaster Treasure Card Recipe also sold by Grady)
Savage Paw
- Shaman's Lore Pack
Winter Moon
- Shaman's Lore Pack

How to obtain the hardest to find crafting ingredients:

Amber Regent
:
Fight the Gladiator
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Gladiator_Dimachaerus

Sunstone Regent:
Buy them at the Bazaar
Transmute them from Sandstones
(you need 15 Sandstones to make one Sunstone)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Transmute_Sunstone
Easiest place to find sandstones - left of the Floating Mountains Teleporter

However you obtain Loremaster spells; here's to you getting them all!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
after farming for over a year, i gave up on ever getting any drops from her.

i got luminous weaver and brimstone revenant from the packs, and i crafted my savage paw and deer knight. if i ever recover from that, i'll craft loremaster too.

the only thing i hate more than crafting is farming. it's torturous and a total time-suck.

-von

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I don't mind farming, but the drop rate for spells now is absurdly low.

Survivor
May 10, 2014
I have 13 of her spells, the last "2" are the ones I need. As I am fire you can figure which are the last ones she will drop. So I am still waiting for the last fire spell.
This is why you will see level 95 and 100 wizards here. They are still trying to get spells.
Has anyone ever gotten all 14 spells from the "LOREMASTER"?