Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Underleveled?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
I just got to Dragonspyre, and i'm level 40. I find the boss fights extremely hard, and im having a lot of trouble soloing. My friend says I just haven't gotten my good spells yet. That's easy for him to say, he's level 82. Am I under leveled? Or do I just need help?
Grace Sandweaver, Level 40

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Grace Sandweaver on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
I just got to Dragonspyre, and i'm level 40. I find the boss fights extremely hard, and im having a lot of trouble soloing. My friend says I just haven't gotten my good spells yet. That's easy for him to say, he's level 82. Am I under leveled? Or do I just need help?
Grace Sandweaver, Level 40
My guess is you skipped a lot of side quests. Go do them. The higher level you are, the easier you will find this world, and the ones beyond.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Hi I'm a level 45 myth wizard and i came to Dragonspyre when i was level 40. I bought lots of heal gurdian treasure cards and when really needed i used them. Halfway down and only played 3 hours.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
My balance was level 38 in dragonspyre and did fine with a questing buddy. If you really don't want to go do side quests, you can find a questing partner that's on the same quest as you or your other friend can help you until level 48 when you get power nova.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
Saffron Sandsword (now deleted)
Transcendent

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
You are under leveled in my opinion. My wizard unlocked DS at level 47 and still has trouble. You can do one of two things:
1. Do side-quests. Do all side-quests from every world (Kinsington Park excluded) and do side-worlds, like Grizzleheim(not all of it, because at one point it gets to hard for your level), Wysteria, and Mount Olympus in Aquila. Also, try to do the gauntlets, Winterbane hall and Midnight Sun Pagoda and that new one they just released.
2. Get a buddy. Get one, two, or three questing buddies. You buddy should be good at different things than you. For example, two storm wizards don't work well because they will only attack and not heal or shield probably. Since you are balance, partner up with a storm wizard or someone who can attack well, while you shield and cast blades on them.
I am a balance wizard and it is really easy now that I have that Power Nova spell. You have to get to the Crucible in order to unlock this, but you should just get a high-level friend and teleport to them in the Crucible. (Btw on the quest for the power nova don't freak out they don't make you do the whole dungeon again. You'll see what I mean.)
Hope this helped, Myrna Dragoncloud, level 49 and soon to be .