Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transfering accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I spent $20 on a CVS card to redeem for 10,000 crowns. In my excitement, I entered into my old account and redeemed it. This account is already in a family account. My new account is not in that account and in another family account(it's the only account in it.) I already did friend-finder so I may gift the crowns I dumbly misplaced into this noob account (lvl1 wizards galore)

I even went into this account (old one) via parental controls to enable gifting. It still says gifting is not turned on for this account. I refreshed and logged out and back in. It still says it. Apparently it's impossible to transfer crowns from one family account to another and I've already tried adding my new one to my old account or my old account to my new account family accounts. It. Does. Not. Work.

I'm panicking and extremely impatient, I don't want to have wasted 20$ on a giftcard and having to purchase another one, knowing that a perfectly good amount of crowns is on an abandoned lvl1 account.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize if this is in a incorrect/wrong topic. I am new to the message boards.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed, Gifting is enabled and I gave my other wizard crown shop items. This topic may be locked. :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DrakiWizard on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
I spent $20 on a CVS card to redeem for 10,000 crowns. In my excitement, I entered into my old account and redeemed it. This account is already in a family account. My new account is not in that account and in another family account(it's the only account in it.) I already did friend-finder so I may gift the crowns I dumbly misplaced into this noob account (lvl1 wizards galore)

I even went into this account (old one) via parental controls to enable gifting. It still says gifting is not turned on for this account. I refreshed and logged out and back in. It still says it. Apparently it's impossible to transfer crowns from one family account to another and I've already tried adding my new one to my old account or my old account to my new account family accounts. It. Does. Not. Work.

I'm panicking and extremely impatient, I don't want to have wasted 20$ on a giftcard and having to purchase another one, knowing that a perfectly good amount of crowns is on an abandoned lvl1 account.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize if this is in a incorrect/wrong topic. I am new to the message boards.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed, Gifting is enabled and I gave my other wizard crown shop items. This topic may be locked. :)
You cannot "gift" crowns. But you can "transfer" crowns between your accounts, when "both" accounts are linked in a set of family accounts. To transfer crowns between accounts, when you are logged in this website (wizard101.com), click on "My Accounts" on the left side of the page.

Then on the next page, you need to "login with master password". Then click on "manage", and then "transfer crowns".

In that same section of "My Accounts", if you click on "Summary", it will list all of your accounts, and at the bottom you should have an option to "add account". It should give you an option to "add existing account" or "create a new account". If that doesn't work, maybe you have reached the maximum number of accounts allowed on a family account. If this is still a problem, you might want to send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
AluraMist2 on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
You cannot "gift" crowns. But you can "transfer" crowns between your accounts, when "both" accounts are linked in a set of family accounts. To transfer crowns between accounts, when you are logged in this website (wizard101.com), click on "My Accounts" on the left side of the page.

Then on the next page, you need to "login with master password". Then click on "manage", and then "transfer crowns".

In that same section of "My Accounts", if you click on "Summary", it will list all of your accounts, and at the bottom you should have an option to "add account". It should give you an option to "add existing account" or "create a new account". If that doesn't work, maybe you have reached the maximum number of accounts allowed on a family account. If this is still a problem, you might want to send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you.
Um, did you read what he even said? You're making no sense because you can not leave a family account, so he can not transfer crowns from one family account to another family account. And he was not trying to gift him crowns, he was trying to gifting him CROWN ITEMS, which he has done.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
MasterOfWizard101z on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Um, did you read what he even said? You're making no sense because you can not leave a family account, so he can not transfer crowns from one family account to another family account. And he was not trying to gift him crowns, he was trying to gifting him CROWN ITEMS, which he has done.
Yes, I did read what he said. And I tried to answer with some helpful suggestions about "adding an existing account" to a family of accounts, and about transferring crowns within the family of accounts.

He mentioned "My new account is not in that account and in another family account (it's the only account in it.)". I thought he might have been able to transfer "that" account to the family of accounts.

And he also said "It still says gifting is not turned on for this account. I refreshed and logged out and back in. It still says it. Apparently it's impossible to transfer crowns from one family account to another..." That is also why I suggested adding that account to the family of accounts.

He did not mention "trying to gift him Crown items", until the *Edit* comment, which was not in the original posting. As you might have noticed, over the weekends, sometimes our replies and edited comments do not appear until Monday.

I try very hard to be helpful and courteous in my replies on the Message Boards, and I do not feel that your reply to me was warranted. If I offended the Original Poster in any way, I do apologize.