Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AoE Wand Spells

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Wand spells are now stronger than Thunder Snake; something has got to be done before we end up with wand spells besting Lightning Bats. What something do I suggest? Level 120+ wands - 50 AoE. Level 130+ - 155 single. Level 140+ 60 AoE. So on and so forth. This both adds more variety to wands and slows the rate they're growing stronger. So what do you guys think? A good idea? Or bad?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Wand spells are now stronger than Thunder Snake; something has got to be done before we end up with wand spells besting Lightning Bats. What something do I suggest? Level 120+ wands - 50 AoE. Level 130+ - 155 single. Level 140+ 60 AoE. So on and so forth. This both adds more variety to wands and slows the rate they're growing stronger. So what do you guys think? A good idea? Or bad?
At higher levels wands are generally used as "weakness busters" to burn off Mantles, Plagues etc. Having a wand with an AoE hit could really limit their use, especially in team play, because you run the risk of ruining trap and feint set-ups. Personally speaking, I don't think I would ever use something like this.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
At higher levels wands are generally used as "weakness busters" to burn off Mantles, Plagues etc. Having a wand with an AoE hit could really limit their use, especially in team play, because you run the risk of ruining trap and feint set-ups. Personally speaking, I don't think I would ever use something like this.
In a setting where you've trapped, I see this would be annoying. Which is why I'm not suggesting every wand should have this, but for every other 5/10 levels, or maybe just randomly. Ways this could be helpful is dealing low AoE damage easily and breaking shields.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
A while ago i thought that they should come up with wands that are more school based. So, things like fire have a DoT, Death life sapping, Life healing, myth double-tapping, etc I still think they SHOULD do it. not everybody teams up, so the argument of "that would ruin team play" is only partially valid. Yes, I also know that there is already healing wand spells from Greenwarden's Peaceful Staves, Sun's Light Spears, and Shocking Truth Tiki Torches.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
Hello

just saying wand hits has bested lighting bats i have seen someone critical and do over 500 damage with the minion boosting its attack all so and no blades involved.

i love your idea with the AoE wand hits i think it would be great.

thank you

level:110

Explorer
May 09, 2011
When you consider the idea of spells like Feint and Curse, it doesn't sound the best. But, it would be good to use when fighting bosses.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I think it could work as an option, you still have the single hit wands with whatever amount of damage. But then there is an alternate aoe wand that is also available if you want that sort of thing.

It could get interesting.

I've had a wand spell do more damage than a phoenix with certain gear setups and a lucky critical (there may have been a bubble or aura up at the time too.)