Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

broken pvp and possible bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
The last few matches i have done in my legendary storm have been disastrous for one reason. RNG is broken beyond belief. I had 3 consecutive matches against the same storm wizard and I will tell you the nonsense rng that happened. I have 244 critical on my storm and he had 87 block. In these three matches I criticaled 2/8 hits and he blocked both of them. He landed two 1000 damage wild bolts and I kid you not he landed 7 insane bolts. 5 of those were consecutive. He never once hit himself with and insane bolt and only one of his three wild bolts didn't hit 1000. I never managed to get a max bolt on anyone in my last ten matches. And haven't landed a critical on anyone in my past 5. which is shocking cause none of them have more than 100 block.
If this didn't happen so often I wouldn't be alarmed like i am now, if these were outliers i would be fine with it but this is becoming the normal trend of PVP. The match ups are ridiculous when you put a lvl 68 private against a lvl 60 warlord. Not to mention that 2nd age warlords are going up against 3rd age privates and ripping them to pieces. Thats hardly a fair match up for a private when he's facing someone in full warlord gear of the same level.
The new arena tickets based off rank is also disgusting. I beat a warlord and he got more arena tickets than myself when I was a sergeant. This greatly keeps lower rank wizard from be able to purchase arena ticket items. Yeah i know you want people to buy tournaments i get that but go back to an even arena tickets not dependent on rank. Please.
I'm not here cause I'm crying about losing I'm here because an overwhelming amount of the wizard community believe pvp to be broken. For Winners and losers alike Rng is either The extreme positive or the extreme negative for wizards in PVP these days. Where is the median? This game isn't supposed to be a gamblers fallacy it's supposed to be based of chance yet chance is failing at its job. Kingsisle this is a startling trend that RNG and critical are broken. I have little consistency in my matches. I am either in lady lucks favor in which I stunned through a conviction, and crit on 152 block with 244 crit. or Lady luck hates me in which I don't even crit let alone get to land it and I get Insane bolted 7 times! Should this not be a bell curve? Why are many wizards coming to the same conclusion that you either get a positive or negative outlier whenever you click join match?

Thank you and sincerely, Thomas IceThief

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
This is so true. It is a bug. Ever since the darkmoor release this stuff has been happening and Kingsisle is doing NOTHING about it. The only reason why I'm not quitting is because I bought a 1-year membership and I've spent so much money on Wizard, but they don't balance this out by doing us a favor and actually hearing us out.

I'm a lvl 50 , and I've been playing since 1st age. 1st age was much more fun, fair and with far less pressure than now. It is becoming so overwhelming and annoying. Of course it's just a game, but we are PAYING for it KingsIsle. And people are so desperate to climb up the PvP rank ladder. If this weren't the case you'd have far less people now.

Every time I do a 1v1, I either get a lvl 50 overlord who crits a LOT, or like Thomas IceThief said I get lucky and crit a lot (which isn't fair for the other party since they don't block either), but it's never in the middle. Ever. It's always either extreme luck or extreme misfortune. It's tiring.

I don't even know why kingsisle keeps creating new ages, what's the point? If a 3rd age Private that just started on PvP is facing a warlord since 1st age (but is a private because they made a reset to the rankings), how fair is that? It's getting worse every time you reset them. I don't know what the point is.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
thomas ice thief on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
The last few matches i have done in my legendary storm have been disastrous for one reason. RNG is broken beyond belief. I had 3 consecutive matches against the same storm wizard and I will tell you the nonsense rng that happened. I have 244 critical on my storm and he had 87 block. In these three matches I criticaled 2/8 hits and he blocked both of them. He landed two 1000 damage wild bolts and I kid you not he landed 7 insane bolts. 5 of those were consecutive. He never once hit himself with and insane bolt and only one of his three wild bolts didn't hit 1000. I never managed to get a max bolt on anyone in my last ten matches. And haven't landed a critical on anyone in my past 5. which is shocking cause none of them have more than 100 block.
If this didn't happen so often I wouldn't be alarmed like i am now, if these were outliers i would be fine with it but this is becoming the normal trend of PVP. The match ups are ridiculous when you put a lvl 68 private against a lvl 60 warlord. Not to mention that 2nd age warlords are going up against 3rd age privates and ripping them to pieces. Thats hardly a fair match up for a private when he's facing someone in full warlord gear of the same level.
The new arena tickets based off rank is also disgusting. I beat a warlord and he got more arena tickets than myself when I was a sergeant. This greatly keeps lower rank wizard from be able to purchase arena ticket items. Yeah i know you want people to buy tournaments i get that but go back to an even arena tickets not dependent on rank. Please.
I'm not here cause I'm crying about losing I'm here because an overwhelming amount of the wizard community believe pvp to be broken. For Winners and losers alike Rng is either The extreme positive or the extreme negative for wizards in PVP these days. Where is the median? This game isn't supposed to be a gamblers fallacy it's supposed to be based of chance yet chance is failing at its job. Kingsisle this is a startling trend that RNG and critical are broken. I have little consistency in my matches. I am either in lady lucks favor in which I stunned through a conviction, and crit on 152 block with 244 crit. or Lady luck hates me in which I don't even crit let alone get to land it and I get Insane bolted 7 times! Should this not be a bell curve? Why are many wizards coming to the same conclusion that you either get a positive or negative outlier whenever you click join match?

Thank you and sincerely, Thomas IceThief
how storm wizard are play that there school because school more of a risk to take to there effect of there own school because storm offense school low defense and ice are strong/allot resist/heath but resist/critical block pointless to use max level your above level 95-110 because of shadow magic but will make pvp balance reason they nerf critical/critical block so, balance out but every time people play as a storm bunch mod others then ice always block storm because high critical because allot armor pierce and storm use insane bolt (duel) everybody hate storm wizard because every hard to defeat storm and harder to defeat storm clued using tank because storm more risky spell but ice don't but ice do have chance be more of offense since they will get tougher spell but some can be strong as storm but all them!
---------------------
for example each school

: storm are offense side more risky to there school higher talent so, involved risky spam example of: storm spell as a weakness of a storm blade? even can't remove weakness have moon school on there side because increase risk of do more higher moon damage

ice a defense school aka heavy class sometime do heavy damage because toucher spell when more offense so, hit harder not as strong as storm but few spell example of tempest but doesn't matter snowball barrage is new tempest spell higher then tempest doesn't matter storm more damage so, every equal!

storm/ice more uncommon school to bicker several matter

good think like about wizard101 moon spell/sun spell more like balance elemental shield/trap/blade

sun: fire/storm/life (all there school vs sun school mods all spell be storm/fire/life)
moon: ice/myth/death (all there school vs moon school mods all spell be ice/myth/death)
add shadow magic as real class in ravenwood: shadow magic prims convert of: into then balance able get prims convert of: into because balance school boost balance on shadow magic boss/minion, possibleable to boost whatever school after ?

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
how storm wizard are play that there school because school more of a risk to take to there effect of there own school because storm offense school low defense and ice are strong/allot resist/heath but resist/critical block pointless to use max level your above level 95-110 because of shadow magic but will make pvp balance reason they nerf critical/critical block so, balance out but every time people play as a storm bunch mod others then ice always block storm because high critical because allot armor pierce and storm use insane bolt (duel) everybody hate storm wizard because every hard to defeat storm and harder to defeat storm clued using tank because storm more risky spell but ice don't but ice do have chance be more of offense since they will get tougher spell but some can be strong as storm but all them!
---------------------
for example each school

: storm are offense side more risky to there school higher talent so, involved risky spam example of: storm spell as a weakness of a storm blade? even can't remove weakness have moon school on there side because increase risk of do more higher moon damage

ice a defense school aka heavy class sometime do heavy damage because toucher spell when more offense so, hit harder not as strong as storm but few spell example of tempest but doesn't matter snowball barrage is new tempest spell higher then tempest doesn't matter storm more damage so, every equal!

storm/ice more uncommon school to bicker several matter

good think like about wizard101 moon spell/sun spell more like balance elemental shield/trap/blade

sun: fire/storm/life (all there school vs sun school mods all spell be storm/fire/life)
moon: ice/myth/death (all there school vs moon school mods all spell be ice/myth/death)
add shadow magic as real class in ravenwood: shadow magic prims convert of: into then balance able get prims convert of: into because balance school boost balance on shadow magic boss/minion, possibleable to boost whatever school after ?
Not to be rude or to offend anyone but I've read so much comments you wrote and never understood them...