Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Windows 10 Lag

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago and the game seems really laggy. Is this happening for anyone else?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Megan Frostflame on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago and the game seems really laggy. Is this happening for anyone else?
I think it's the game in general. I was laggi g before I upgraded to 10.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
I also have Windows 10, and I found another bug. The launcher crashes every time I try to minimize it while it's loading.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Every time I try to log on to Wizard since I got Windows 10 it freezes up my entire computer.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
boom459 on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
I also have Windows 10, and I found another bug. The launcher crashes every time I try to minimize it while it's loading.
that happens to me too, however I'm not sure it happened also the day before I upgraded from win8.1 as well, which may mean it's not actually win10.

I also had some lag, very minor now on win 10, for the last 2 years before I had none.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
This is also happening to me, it's freezing in the middle of battles and it's annoying

Survivor
May 26, 2010
I also upgraded to windows 10 and have had lag and game crashes in the middle of battles, I hope KI fixes this issue,it is present in both wizard101 and pirate101.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I don't have Windows 10, but my game is still laggy. I was able to reduce the lag, so it's more of a minor annoyance instead of an issue now:

• Turn 'Graphics Detail' to low or medium. Having it on high will make the game slower.
  • Turn 'Texture Detail' to low (since there isn't a medium option.)
  • Turn 'Smoothing' off
  • Turn 'Shadows' off
  • Lower the 'Particles' setting
There's still some lag, but it's not nearly as noticeable as before. My dragon's wing movements are still choppy, but they don't look robotic anymore, which is always nice.

P.S. I also turned 'Blooming' off, but I don't know if that affected the lag, it was just a personal preference because it made white things blindingly bright.

Destiny Windgem, 84

Survivor
May 06, 2015
Ok everyone, i'm hear to help you understand your problems a bit more thoroughly.
Now on this topic there are multiple factors that are to be looked on upon with this "lag" concept.

One thing to note is that Windows 10 has just came out, so it's very buggy and there's going to be lots of problems.
But now that isn't really the issue too much or maybe it is, but if these next things that i'm going to mention are happening to you or your computer has the same specifications that i'm mentioning, then this might be your problem.

So there are quite a bit of things to look at when you think your computer is under-performing or acting up.

1. RAM: Most of you probably have laptops, which is common. Most latops that aren't specified for anything other than internet browsing or personal use such as using emails and social media aren't going to be equipped with the proper amount of ram to play a game at it's best settings. If you go into the Windows 10 home, and type "Control Panel" then "System and Security" then "View amount of RAM and processor speeds" it should show you what you're looking for. You're probably going to have around 3 - 4 GB's of ram which isn't going to do you very good.

2. Processing Speeds: Optimal processors usually have 2 to 4 cores. The more cores, the more workload it can handle. If you're sitting at processing speeds of about 1.8Ghz then this could be an issue as well.

3. GPU: Most of you aren't going to have fancy high tech graphics cards. That's completley normal since they're primarily used for heavy gaming and heavy video editing and rendering. So one other problem is that Windows 10 has new DirectX12 support so you may want to check your drivers.

4. Hard Drive Space: You probably have around 250GB's of storage on your computer, which isn't much at all. So Windows 10 could be taking up quite a hefty bit of that.
--------Look Below