Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you "hibernate" / "pause" your plants growth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
I just planted a lot of plants today, all that harvest mega snacks at elder. They take over a week to become else, some over 2 weeks. But I forgot that I am leaving for vacation on July 16th, and I won't be back to the 20th. And I know they will die while I'm gone. But I thought I read somewhere in one of the update notes that if you unequipped the house that your plants are in, they will stop growing/pause their growth. As if they were hibernating. Is this correct or am I just imagining things

Haley Stormheart - Lvl 100
Sierra Darkhaven - Lvl 90
Esmee Legend - Lvl 42

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you are going to be away, remove your house from Housing Tours, visit your house one last time and take care of all needs. The plants won't die unless you or someone else visits it to trigger needs and they aren't taken care of. So just take care of the needs, then logout and they will be fine until you get back. Plants will only progress to the next stage and then stop growing until you return.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Hmmm.. I've never heard of stopping a plants growth. I doubt that would work though, as it would be much too easy on the players. Since they are going to die, when you get back revive them all. Or do you have too many to do that? Take away all their likes that you can so that growing slows down, and maybe youll get lucky. I hope this works out for you! good luck!

Nicholas Ravenblood 100
Seth Lifeblood 81
Nicholas Storm 76
Alexander 61
Nicholas 12 PVP Overlord

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I don't know about unequipping your house but if you take care of your plants needs and don't VISIT the house again, they will not aquire any new needs but they will keep growing to the next stage max.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary