Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am Absolutely Sick of Cronus

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
For the past weeks, I've been trying to develop a strategy to beat Cronus. I want to do it solo so I can do it the way I want to and mainly because I'm not into trying to find a group or waiting days on end twindling my thumbs waiting for someone. Plus I get to be on my own schedule and rely on no one. I've fought him a ton of times and not one of them been a victory. It's fail. Fail. Fail. Fail-ity-Fail-Fail. And guess what? Fail. I'm tired of it.

And please don't assume I'm complaining and want Cronus and his goons to be easier. No. I'm fine with the challenge. I can get his Life and Myth minions out of the way, but by then Cronus is at 4 power pips and his Fire minion charging up for another hit and I'm nearly exhausted with only 60% health and hanging on to 1 Pip. Sometimes I'd hit the Fire guy and he'll still have 10% of his health. Seriously!?

Then, it would be the fourth round and he comes in with Lord of Night. Then his Fire minion might for once hit with something above a Rank 4 spell (really? Where were you with Helephant 20 minutes ago?). Then right when I'm at 30 health or below, Cronus swoops in using Celestial Calender, Sun Serpent, or Phoenix. (Hooray...)

I'm always coming close. And that's what really frustrates me. It's always, always coming close and I'm tired of that. I want to win it and show Cronus who's boss (and finally get some Amber and the Blade of the Felled Titan, which oddly isn't as rare as I'd think).

What I'd like to ask is: Does anyone have some suggestions on what I need to do (without getting into a group)?

Currently, I use the Avalon-Azteca crafted Death gear, my Scarecrow pet with Health, Mana, Death Accuracy(6%), Death Damage(5%), and Spritely (He's pretty handy, so I'm not going to accept trying to get a Spell-Defy, Proof, Unicorn, Fairy, Sprite pet (takes too much time for what I'm asking). My current strategy has been to kill the minions then the boss. Any suggestions on something different?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I have been farming Cronos a bit and use similar strategy, but be sure I am bladed up and have trap on Cronos before using enchanted frost giant. That usually eliminates minions and I have time to heal and then power back up and one hot finish Cronos. Hope that helps.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2011
I have a level 90 Myth wizard that can take a few good hits leaving no room for mistakes I might add....I usually have at least 3 blades and a feint on Cronus. I let them attack me the whole time while i'm boosting. When my health get to about half full I buy a cheap life henchman on the 5th round. By then the mobs pips are way down leaving me with room to continue blading. After 6 blades and 2 traps and 1 feint I go for the kill. hope this helps

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
dude, its pretty much impossible w/out spending crowns or getting a group. Seriously, man, swallow your pride and find a group. its really easy with 3-4 people, and not bthat hard to get 3-4 people

Survivor
May 21, 2011
You'd be surprised on what some people can solo, just don't give up. Sometimes it's all about luck, make sure you get the first turn, so if you need to heal you can before they attack. DON'T leave the boss to be the last, if you can use a spell that attacks all to kill his henchmen and get his health down, do that and then attack him.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I haven't soloed him on my Death, but I've found that feinting the fire minion, blading up as far as I can, then putting both regular and potent feints on Cronus takes out all of the minions when I hit with Scarecrow and pretty much takes most if not all of Cronus' life. By then, I have enough pips built up to follow up with Wraith. For an extra boost I use that critical aura (can't remember the name of it offhand) or my Death Aura for that extra 25%. I go for the one shot kill as much as possible and stock some TC Tower Shields as well.

If this doesn't work, build up your crow enough to take out the minions early on then you can concentrate on Cronus. But put that feint on the fire!

I have a similar gear set up as you and I've found that getting rid of the fire minion in the first hit is most helpful. My biggest help is my pet, but since you can't go that route maybe just pack more Tower TCs? If you have your WW boots you may try switching those out for more resist too.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Lol I still suggest getthing the standard proof, defy, fairy, death damage pet but if you don't want to fine.
My strategy: Enchanted Death and spirit blade. Hit on round three and critical. Pet should heal and then focus on the boss.... While Deer Knight is doing its thing you could try to heal if you need to.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
try spamming smaller spells that heal you on minions (think no pip death blades and traps with wraith or crow, boosted ones whenever possible) that will keep you healed, kill them and give you a chance to gain a few pips for boss.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Try to double feint him early, then when you crow you wipe his minions and a good chunk of him too while getting full health back, then it's just blade and trap to finish him off.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
well i think this might help have you went to this site? http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Cronus
it might help you

-Alex Raincloud

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
For the past weeks, I've been trying to develop a strategy to beat Cronus. I want to do it solo so I can do it the way I want to and mainly because I'm not into trying to find a group or waiting days on end twindling my thumbs waiting for someone. Plus I get to be on my own schedule and rely on no one. I've fought him a ton of times and not one of them been a victory. It's fail. Fail. Fail. Fail-ity-Fail-Fail. And guess what? Fail. I'm tired of it.

And please don't assume I'm complaining and want Cronus and his goons to be easier. No. I'm fine with the challenge. I can get his Life and Myth minions out of the way, but by then Cronus is at 4 power pips and his Fire minion charging up for another hit and I'm nearly exhausted with only 60% health and hanging on to 1 Pip. Sometimes I'd hit the Fire guy and he'll still have 10% of his health. Seriously!?

Then, it would be the fourth round and he comes in with Lord of Night. Then his Fire minion might for once hit with something above a Rank 4 spell (really? Where were you with Helephant 20 minutes ago?). Then right when I'm at 30 health or below, Cronus swoops in using Celestial Calender, Sun Serpent, or Phoenix. (Hooray...)

I'm always coming close. And that's what really frustrates me. It's always, always coming close and I'm tired of that. I want to win it and show Cronus who's boss (and finally get some Amber and the Blade of the Felled Titan, which oddly isn't as rare as I'd think).

What I'd like to ask is: Does anyone have some suggestions on what I need to do (without getting into a group)?

Currently, I use the Avalon-Azteca crafted Death gear, my Scarecrow pet with Health, Mana, Death Accuracy(6%), Death Damage(5%), and Spritely (He's pretty handy, so I'm not going to accept trying to get a Spell-Defy, Proof, Unicorn, Fairy, Sprite pet (takes too much time for what I'm asking). My current strategy has been to kill the minions then the boss. Any suggestions on something different?
Do you have Deer knight? this is a Must for a death. The pet thing i can understand, i have many perfect normal game pets on my death took years to get where i am now and i still fail LOL :D

Historian
May 06, 2009
masterryan1969 on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Do you have Deer knight? this is a Must for a death. The pet thing i can understand, i have many perfect normal game pets on my death took years to get where i am now and i still fail LOL :D
No, I don't, but I'm trying to craft it. But it's cool now. All that frustration really payed off. After a retrained my spells, I finally found the strategy I needed to solo Cronus. I've finally beaten him 3 times alone. Yay! So it is possible He's just like Gladiator Dimachaerus now. They also fixed the issue with his minions reappearing after you defeat them and then getting defeated in the same match. He's much easier to handle now.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I just load up a big dragon or rain of fire volcano to wipe out the enemies. I have my rain beetle take a couple swipes at the minion. Sometimes, I have to heal before I attack. But I'm able to solo this boss on a regular basis. It's not easy by any means, but it can be done.

Sometimes after the volcano or dragon I throw a meteor to make sure the minions all die.

Sun serpent if boosted up enough is good enough to take out the minions as well, especially if the minion or I wyldfire first.

I also like to spam smaller hits at Cronus once the minions are dead.

Powerlinks, Phoenix, Sunbird and an Efreet or two and he's toast. Once in awhile a few heckhounds.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Stun blocks REALLY help. Even if I have a stun block up already, I'll double layer as you never know what that minion is going to do, lol.

Once in a great while, I will take out the first with a lightly boosted Efreet, if I can't find my all my blades and boosts right away.

Just stay patient and remember to Stun Block and heal before your health gets too low.

Like I said, sometimes I have to heal before I can even hit, it just depends on what spells they use to attack.