Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Influences

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Through wizard101 you encounter worlds based on other civilizations. I figured I would list them off.
Hopefully this solves some confusion.

Wizard City-Renaissance Era
Krokotopia-Egypt
Marleybone-Victorian Era
MooShu-Fuedal Japan
Dragonspyre-Mount Vesuvius
Celestia-Atlantis
Grizzleheim-Scandinavia
Zafaria-Africa
Avalon-Medieval Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy
Azteca-Aztec/Maya

From the desk of Hunter Myth, Grandmaster Conjurer, Level 56"

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Actually GrizzleHeim is German, heim is how you say home in Germany.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Wizard city is any where. Krok. is Egypt. Marleybone new england. Mooshu is japan. And Dragonspyre is like some hot area. Emma Emaraldsword lvl 44 conjurer

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hunter Myth on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Through wizard101 you encounter worlds based on other civilizations. I figured I would list them off.
Hopefully this solves some confusion.

Wizard City-Renaissance Era
Krokotopia-Egypt
Marleybone-Victorian Era
MooShu-Fuedal Japan
Dragonspyre-Mount Vesuvius
Celestia-Atlantis
Grizzleheim-Scandinavia
Zafaria-Africa
Avalon-Medieval Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy
Azteca-Aztec/Maya

From the desk of Hunter Myth, Grandmaster Conjurer, Level 56"
Hmm...you forgot Wysteria, which has Spanish Architecture influences and English/Irish Accented inhabitants.
And MooShu is a mix of both China and Japan but you can go either/or and still be right. For Dragonspyre, you stated more of the geography than the actual world design and inhabitants which are the Pompeii insident of Mount Vesuvious, Byzantine Empire/Greek architecture and Russian Accents. Marleybone has some steampunk twists I'd probably add.

Overall everything seems pretty close.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Wolf and Rider on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Wizard city is any where. Krok. is Egypt. Marleybone new england. Mooshu is japan. And Dragonspyre is like some hot area. Emma Emaraldsword lvl 44 conjurer
Dragonspyre is mostly based off of really broad architecture, and the eruption of Mount Vesuvius as well as a Pompeii kind of them. As for marleybone, it is England's Victorian era, which is my fault for not putting there

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Hmm...you forgot Wysteria, which has Spanish Architecture influences and English/Irish Accented inhabitants.
And MooShu is a mix of both China and Japan but you can go either/or and still be right. For Dragonspyre, you stated more of the geography than the actual world design and inhabitants which are the Pompeii insident of Mount Vesuvious, Byzantine Empire/Greek architecture and Russian Accents. Marleybone has some steampunk twists I'd probably add.

Overall everything seems pretty close.
Oh I did forget Wysteria didn't I? Oh well, but thanks for that. And thanks for the other insight as well.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Yay! Grizzleheim is Scandinavia! I am Scandinavian! (I just found my favorite world )

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge of the Astrals

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
MythicPlayer on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Grizzleheim is Scandinavia I promise you. If you look at the influences of all the anthropomorphic animals such as bears, wolves, and even the raven and Grendel's. also there is some Scandinavian geography as well as architecture (considering part of Scandinavia is covered in a sheet of snow.

From the Desk of Hunter Myth, Level 57 Grandmaster Conjurer

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
MythicPlayer on May 12, 2013 wrote:
I would say Grizzleheim is more Swedish/Norwegian in the Viking times, from the little bit I have done of it on my

Destiny Windgem, level 37

Kiley Frost, level 10

Brynn Swiftblade, level 9