Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm PVP Party and Contest – July 8, 6-10PM

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
This will be fun good luck to all the wizards who entered any schools

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I just went in a 4v4 PVP match for the party right now, and my team was 4 exalted players(we went second) and another team of 2 exalted, one level 30 or 35, ugh can't remember, and a level 70. Our team of the 4 exalted won the tournament, but I'm trying understand what comments we were suppose to leave below about testing 4v4 with teams of players not at our same level? We were all private rank if that helps.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Pvp can now go both way for me and my friends, before I was terrible at Pvp, now I feel confident when going into a match. Love whats happening to Pvp. Keep up the good work!

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
Im so happy that i found this

Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
Do you automatically know that we've done the matches? Or is there something we have to tell you?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
So is it 5 matches per account or 5 matches per wizard?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
That would be great! I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Well, Professor Greyrose, I took participation in your PvP contest & enjoyed battling the other wizards! The pairing of properly leveled wizards was truly the best implementation you've came up with, & it's looking great so far!

Through my time, I won some matches & I lost some, but nonetheless, I had lots of fun. I partook a match up to 5 times, as noted, & overall, they were some of the most fun matches I've had in a while! One match, I was paired up with a team of boys against a team of Pyromancer girls, & they all blasted us with fiery spells that are the most powerful of them yet!

Nevertheless, this PvP contest you arranged was the best way to test out your changes to the PvP matching system, & it paired us Wizards well, from the starters of Novice Wizards to the most powerful Exalted Wizards they've seen yet. This definitely makes pairing up Wizard teams in PvP so much easier & less agonizing. Keep up the great work!

The one thing I can only hope for all this is that I hope I get to be one of the winners, grand or runner-up. Let's hope I may be one to win Crowns! Here's hoping for the best, Wizards!

Plus, once again, thanks for making PvP fun, W101 team! I wish we would have a new Khrysalis themed PvP arena added to the arena lineup.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2015
A friend of mine is my new 2v2 partner for the second age. Say that he becomes a warlord, and I am still private. If we 2v2 do we get a team of warlords?

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
That would be great! I look forward to hearing how it goes.
WOO Good luck to everyone :)

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Woo good luck everyone! :)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
I had never done ranked pvp before and thought it was very fun
and fairly balanced(I won 3,lost 2 )
w/the exception of my last match when I faced someone with 2 stripes.

I played w/my 34(in test realm)balance 2nd school myth(which I had just started in).

My 15th(out of test realm) level storm, 2nd life had done a few practiced pvps when he was first able to and not much since then.

Hope this info helps you, Professor GreyStone!

GypsySeer

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
It would be cool if I won, it would seem like an early birthday present since my birthday is later this month

Survivor
Aug 24, 2014
Exciting I can't wait, I don't usually pvp so do we have to win or lose in order to get an entry?

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
hello professor i was battling and went up against level 90's and 100's and my character was only level 56 can you pls tell me why?

KI
Hope You Finger Things Out

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Nice but I don't PVP that much.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose, You only need to win or lose once to be applied right?

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
What is the timezone because i dont want to miss it
I

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
me and a friend were doing a 2v2 and somehow got into 3v3's and 4v4's and my friend sent a bug report on it

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Much depends on what you consider 'fair'. Puppet teams are now at a clear disadvantage, so that goal has been achieved. To be successful now a team needs to be fairly even in level and rank. Will that be good for the game? I'm not sure how many 'legit' teams there are with level disparities, vs those who were trying to manipulate the system.

Our extreme puppet team in 2v2 (1/100) drew 100/100 teams 6 times.

Our 100/21/1 puppet in 3v3 drew 100/100/100 twice

our 100/100 drew 100/100

100/24 puppet drew 100/100

our 65/70 drew a 65/61

our 65/2 drew a 67/65

our 65/21 drew 67/65 again.

Everyone was around the same rank - 420 to 530 - so it's hard to say how rank is affecting matching. I have a couple friends who have made warlord on test, so we'll try some match-ups with them tomorrow.

The only really 'fair' matchups for us were the 100/100 vs 100/100 and the 65/70 vs 64/61. Any time our team had lower and higher levels we faced a stronger team. Puppeting is dead. What effect will that have on PvP overall? I'm not sure how big a problem it really was, or if many (any?) other players will be negatively impacted.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
I was playing in the test realm and noticed that we got matched up with people our level/rank and it worked every time! I am not a very high wizard but I love the game and have been playing on and off since it came out in 2008. There are so many improvements and the game gets more and more exciting! You guys should do random giveaways more often. Keep up the good work!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
ty for putting a giveaway

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Well I did some PvP, and it seemed rather fair in the matchmaking, me and my friend went 5-1 before the time limit and I'd say we didn't get any unfair matches and it's looking like a job well done ^^

Survivor
Mar 27, 2014
Lets see I have done 4 matches on my balance girl. All 2v2 first 2 was okay, the last two was when the ratings kicked in and knocked my gear stats down that I worked hard to put together. Ratings matter I am aware of that and my opponent ratings were higher than mine on the last 2 matches I have done and some rounds have skipped . I think that was due to the disconnecting? Idk Nothing has changed in my opinion and I actually fought level 30 knights with my level 50 warlord o.O umm. I thought that wasn't fair at all. Plus I have had people in-game saying they have been disconnected while in the middle of the fight and I also have experienced it and all witnessed an update Icon periodically. It was fun meeting the people in game and I enjoyed battling with them in test realm that's what really mattered we had fun. Thank you for that. -Terri-

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Played in the ranked pvp won some lost lots....lol. But it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you have fun.....well that's my thought anyway.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Are these Crowns (if won) carried over to the Live Realm or only for the Test Realm