Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm PVP Party and Contest – July 8, 6-10PM

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
It was amazing, all the battles were completely fair, if someone puppeted they got another puppet team or the same lvl range as the highest level. Although, there were a few glitches in the 2v2 where it would suddenly change from 2v2 to 4v4 at the start of the battle and choosing the wrong winner after a knock out of an entire team. But I've only seen it once, so idk but this did happen.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
PvP is AWESOME, but in the new age, there will be lots of Ex-Warlords, from the second age, with a LOT of expiriance in PvP and with Commander & Glendemming's gear, and for me, i am just starting out, trying to get the hang of this, dont you think this is a little bit unfair? Is there anything Merle Ambrose and the other Professors are doing to fix it? If not, can you think of a way, to make things a bit more fair, before the 3rd pvp age comes to live realm? this is really an issue for me I look forward to your response, Mrs. Greyrose 4Life!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
One thing I would like to see is +/- 10 levels for all participants. It is a little far fetched that a level 50 or 60 should have to battle a level 100 reguardless of what rank they hold.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
This was my first attempt at pvp. I used my lv 95 balance wizard because I figured everyone needs a little balance. Since I have no friends who pvp I played with any wizard who would play with me 4X4. Thankfully, I found myself on two higher level teams :) I don't think I held them back too much, but unthankfully, both times we lost. The only problem was the super LONG wait times; maybe because not too many wizards were playing at the time, or, because not too many Exalts want to play with a lowly Promethean. Any way, it was lots of fun and I would have played more if the wait wasn't so long for teams to form. Thanks!

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I tried to participate but just sat around waiting for a match for my wizard. finally needed to just move on Sorry it didn't work.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
Really liked the pvp. I did a few matches and everything seemed nice and fair level wise. Thank you KI.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
After a few hours of PvPing with the new system, I'd say it works pretty well. All of my opponents were on par with me and my teammate making for a fair, well-played match. The 3rd Age of PvP is going to be a great one!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
The system works great now especially since the exalted commanders aren't fighting legends

Survivor
Jan 20, 2015
Completely fixed puppeting, did 30 matches and didn't get any puppets at all

Survivor
Apr 24, 2015
Was it going to be a fair fight, as in only people around the same level could fight each other and no using treasure cards unless they are cards that the person already has and if so could we do another one tonight at the same time, because i missed out on the pvp and it made me kinda upset when i looked on?

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
jester094 on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Finally they ended puppeting! Thank you KI. Pvp will be so much easier.
what is puppeting ?

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Hello professor, is the event still going on

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I have never been on to play PvP in ranked I normally just played it in my Home. But I like the new matchmaking system it matched me with people around my level and made it more enjoyable for me to play.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
I thought it was fair and nothing went wrong with it.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
While in a puppet team consisting of 100,100, 1, 19, we were always paired with Exalted.

21 and 55, we got paired with Grandmasters

I tried the random join, my level 55 Private was joined with appropriate levels and we went against appropriate levels, such as 2 Level 57 Privates, or sometimes it was Level 50 Corporal and a Level 52 Captain.

Where I did think it was unfair was in the Journeyman 2v2. The system gave my level 19 a level 12 partner. We were both at SubPrivate (less than 500), got Lvl 20/Lvl 21 Privates. That's higher rank AND higher level. In another match, we got Level 16 Veterans. I think the rank difference bet/ SubPrivate & Veteran is too much so that didn't seem fair. Lvls bet/ 19 & 12 is only 7, yet we get penalized to go against Adepts. My partner's health was around 800 and adepts health was around 1500. Does the system recognize when players are SubPrivates?

Also, the Veterans were using Commander gear, as were some Privates. It would be much fairer if you disabled uses of gear that needed certain rank by people under than rank.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I did some quick rounds of 2 v 2 and these are the results:

I played both a Level 100 Balance and Level 7 Death, both Privates
Did not choose X Try All Opponents

Was matched against:
Round#
1. Death 100 & Balance 30, both privates
2. Death 100 & Balance 30, both privates
3. Myth 100 & Fire 100, both privates
4. Myth 100 & Fire 100, both privates
5. Ice 100 & Storm 100, both privates

Joined a friend for some 2 v 2:

We were: Balance 100 & Storm 80, both sub privates vs Balance 100 & Storm 97, both privates

We switched it up, dressed up in our finest Ninja Pig transformations and were: Myth 26 & Storm 80, both sub privates vs:
1. Ice 70 & Myth 76, both privates
2. Ice 70 & Myth 76, both privates
3. Myth 78 & Life 77, both privates
4. Ice 76 & Ice 79, both privates
5. Ice 76 & Ice 79, both privates
6. Storm 76 & Storm 75, both privates

The level matching seemed OK to me, but the rank matching was somewhat off. My friend and I were loosing on purpose so our rank was terrible but we were still getting matched with privates getting close to sergeant.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
On my 7th or 8th match up, 2v2, we got matched up with a level 100 and level 70 (both privates)
My team was level 100 and level 100 (both privates)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
One concern: Several friends reported queuing for a 2v2, but being put into a 4v match. That seems to be a new bug.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hello!

I had a blast testing the new matching system, here's what I found:

First Match: Level 44 with a level 100=2 level 100s.
Second Match: Level 1 with a level 100=2 level 100s.
Third/Fourth/Fifth Match: 2 level 100s=2 level 100s.

So it seems like puppeting is no longer possible! (Woohoo!) However, unless you're on a team with someone near the same exact level as you, your team will be at a great disadvantage. I guess there really is no way to please "everybody." I just hope this is what the majority of PvP players wanted.

After our 5 regular matches, we also tried 2 matches with the "Try all Opponents" option turned on. This is where things started to get interesting.

My friend and I joined a 2v2 as teammates, clicked "Try all Opponents," and then ended up in a 4v4....on separate teams! In addition, many people were on the floor of the arena, saying that there were too many people and it kicked them out. Seems like maybe they were in queue to PvP as well, and just dumped them in our match, but didn't end up getting to play? The even stranger thing is that after the match was completed, the results window showed the match as being a 2v4. Even stranger than stranger...neither my friend or myself were listed as participants on the results window (Even though we both played in the match).

As far as the matching for that match, it seemed no different than not checking that option. I teamed up with a level 1, while I was level 100. Everybody else in that match seemed to be level 100 as well.

We tried checking the "Try all Opponents" option again, and it seemed to work normally. We got a 2v2 match as requested, and ended up on the same team. Just like the other match however, I didn't see a difference in match-up. My level 100 with my friend's level 1 still matched us with 2 level 100s.

Is the "Try all Opponents" option intended to work like the "old way" of matching us up?

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
time for some pvp ya gotta love it

Administrator
Hello all,

Thanks for your participation in this event and all of your helpful feedback. We have the winners a bit earlier than we thought we would, so without further ado....

The Grand Prize winner is: Seth HawkMancer

The 10 Runner Up winners are:
  • Heather DragonRider
  • Blaze DragonBreath
  • Evan Breeze
  • Blaze SunStone
  • Brian NightDust
  • Austin DragonBloom
  • Llewella WinterBlossom
  • Boris
  • Brandon GhostFlame
  • Cassandra CrowTamer
All prizes have been awarded directly to the winner's accounts. Congratulations all!

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Congratulations to all the winners. *Offers to share all the humble pie I acquired to all participants.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
Congratz to all the winners

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
SaffyTheBookworm on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Today's my birthday. TOTALLY doing this, hope I win as a 'Birthday Gift' Small chances for me though.. I never win competitons such as this xd
My birthday is in two weeks! xD I was also thinking it would be awesome to win because it would seem like a Birthday Gift (which I didn't, of course lol) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And also, I found some bugs. My teammate was always around my level (27) and a Private, just like me. But we didn't always go up against players of our level. Once we battled a level 7 and a level 20 (both privates). Then we once battled two level 45+ who were almost sergeants. No one had the "Try all opponents" box marked, but it still paired us like that. It only happened twice out of about 20 or so times but I figured I should tell you anyway. I also reported the problem through the in-game bug report :)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
skykidfrsa on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
what is puppeting ?
puppeting means: when in duel

some wizard (with max wizard use low level wizard) so, would target low level more so, max wizard can hits (fail for trap)

immunity wizard do that allot (base)

most likely for ice/death (love do immunity puppeting)

means (have immunity to oppsite school (so, hard for use convert & shadow shrike) while ice (use more spell to storm & myth) while death troll bad juju with shadow shrike while protect ice with tower shield (while ice protect convert/weakness)

List of School Have Most IMMUNITY SINCE Level 60-100!

: Immunity~0
: Immunity~6/7
: Immunity~2
: Immunity~1
: Immunity~2
: Immunity~4 (single gear) top best resist pet (Most)
: Immunity~2 (possible 3)

most popular immunity IS: