Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-26-14

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
I only started using them once I reached MooShu, which made the game much harder until I did. They're very effective against my own school. Unfortunately I can't take them out of my deck because I know I won't remember to put them back in. Also, I agree that there should be a Balance Prism. Maybe it should change to damage from one of the Astral Schools.

Kane D.
Fire Wizard

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
I do use my school's prism, all the time. I used to always get confused as to when a shield counted, before or after???? But now I know, a shield for the opposite school will not count if the prism was placed first! I think I started being able to use them around Wintertusk. When I got a death wand to wand off death shields, my success with life prism shot up. Thanks Falmea!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
As soon as I got them I started using them... It took me a while to figure out how to use traps with it, I couldnt get the order right.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I use my prisms all the time! Especially at where I am now...almost every enemy I'm fighting right now is life!

Melissa Daydreamer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my first wizard was balance, so i never had to worry about them. but my other wizards use their prisms all the time, esp. my exalted death and storm wizards.

mass prisms are wonderful, and i don't know how i managed without them for almost 80 levels. they are perhaps the most useful spell to date. perhaps include them in the tutorial somewhere?

-von
exalted

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
Yes I always use prisms when I'm against my own school I don't remember exactly what level I started using them, but in the beginning when I was new I didn't use them because I didn't really understand what they did.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
I use my prism when i'm fighting the same school as my wizard
I Don't remember what level i was when i figured out what a prism does
-Stephen Pixiedreamer

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Sealioneer on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
I sure do. Though I dont have them in my deck all the time, they are very helpful when defeating the boss of your school. Though they can get kinda annoying with fire.
Sealioneer, run multiple decks. I used to think people were nuts for doing so but it does help. that way you don't have to rearrange your deck all the time. just switch decks. I've got 8 or so of them on my ice an storm wizards. run mainly on 3 of them though. main deck with everything in it. my tank deck which I use almost all the time, and my boss deck for when I'm fightin my own school

Community Leader
As soon as I got them, I started to use them against my own school and wherever I could get a boost. I kinda wish that there was a way you could apply prisms to the entire spell though so that they could work with DoTs.

Maybe a prism blade?

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
oh yup!
getting the Prism spell is one of the major days in the life of my wizards ;+P
another one is the day they get their Mass Prism ;+D
after being a nightmare, their same school ennemies become suddenly the easiest mobs to defeat, eh, eh
and, after DragonSpyre, when we can amplify on other side schools, Prisms and Mass Prisms can be used as Traps to get more boost, yay!

one thing missing though :
- pet Prisms
we already saw that on some pets like the Storm Prism on the Dreaming Leviathan and the Storm Colossus
and the Myth Prism on the Fulminating Medusa

more pet Prism would be really nice especially the Death Prism for those poor Death wizards so they can fight Morganthe like any other wizard ;+D

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
I started using them around dragonspyre,
when i realized why they existed.
I dont use them often anymore, as
I now have shadow shrike.

Valkoor GoldSong
Exalted Conjurer

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes I do use prisms. I usually keep a deck in my wizard's pack that is designed to fight same-school opponents as the wizard, and this deck is loaded with prisms. Prisms start to be really useful for some opponents in Marleybone and also Wysteria -- once the wizard is about that level of difficulty the same-school opponents start to get higher resist, especially the bosses. Most opponents before that level can be beaten without prism; after that level prism is really needed. There are a few bosses even in Krok that can have higher resist too.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Corwin F on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
oh yup!
getting the Prism spell is one of the major days in the life of my wizards ;+P
another one is the day they get their Mass Prism ;+D
after being a nightmare, their same school ennemies become suddenly the easiest mobs to defeat, eh, eh
and, after DragonSpyre, when we can amplify on other side schools, Prisms and Mass Prisms can be used as Traps to get more boost, yay!

one thing missing though :
- pet Prisms
we already saw that on some pets like the Storm Prism on the Dreaming Leviathan and the Storm Colossus
and the Myth Prism on the Fulminating Medusa

more pet Prism would be really nice especially the Death Prism for those poor Death wizards so they can fight Morganthe like any other wizard ;+D
That's my favorite use for them. I've gotten loads of questions and puzzled comments in Mirror Lake when my Storm uses Mass Prism on the Ice bosses, or my Death uses it on the Storm spiders. I love having them for secondary school boost traps in the upper worlds where mobs have multiple boost schools.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I love prisms. Whenever my enemy uses a shield against me I use my prism and their defenses are useless.
The only thing i like better than prisms are Mass prisms.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Are prisms worth using on other than your own school? QUOTE : "With the flick of your wrist and a wink of your eye - it is yours".

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Prisms are very useful! Not just against your own school. For example, a storm wizard could place a prism on a life boss. When storm changes to myth, it will boost against the life. The same is for a myth wizard putting a prism on a fire or ice boss to get that storm boost. Also very helpful getting around shields

Hero
May 02, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Sometimes, it pays off not to use prisms and focus on pierce instead.

I see a lot of fire, ice, and myth wizards who never seem to carry prisms past Level 80. Enemies don't have much resist to these schools, so it seems like people just expect to muscle through rather than change up their decks.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Of course. As soon as I got it I used it when fighting the same school.
In fact, I'd really prefer if the mass prism spell is given at a earlier level. Level 70 can be quite a long time.. and we've all encountered a group of enemies that match our school. Really annoying to have to place a prism on each one and then attack.