Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Like the old days.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Avalon should be powered up again because now it just became more boring.

Defender
May 11, 2012
JoseJuan1014 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
I am glad that you were able to handle Avalon before it was "powered-down". A lot of us are not as fortunate, even with help. I, myself, have been stuck there for nearly a year, and still have a lot of difficulty even though the bosses are not as strong as they once were. I have wonderful gear, decks, etc., and had pretty much no difficulty soloing the game until the final dungeon in Celestia, (with a couple of notable circumstances where I did require assistance from friends now long gone).

What we all have to understand is that there are many different ages playing this game, from young children to grandparents, and everybody has different abilities. It is hard for KI to please everybody, and I think at this time, they are stuck between a rock and hard place, with some people wanting a more hard-core gaming experience and those of us wanting them to go back to the easy-free flowing game that Wizard use to be.

But, don't worry, there are worlds after Avalon already ready for you to explore that are difficult, and, as has been stated by KI, many more chapters in the story to come.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Honestly it was taking me forever before the update changes! The defeat/collect quests were driving me up a wall...I for one, am glad they switched it because finally, after 6 long months, I am out of Avalon.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 81 Azteca
Tiffany Rainbowheart lvl 46 Celestia

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I agree with Autumn and Keira. Keep the family game a family game, no need to make it any harder.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
For you maybe.

I saw another post you made about making the higher worlds more difficult.
There was a reply there that covers this as well.

This is not meant to be a hardcore game. It is a family game, geared toward those 10+. The game was made "easier" due to massive complaints regarding the difficulty. Many people left. Many more are still leaving.

KI has done the correct thing here in going with the majority... sorry you are not one of them.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
i got through avalon and azteca a few weeks before they nerfed the worlds but never really had any problems with them except for a certain collect quest in avalon were you had to defeat death seraphs the things had 4000+ health when i went through and it took me 28 fights to collect 4 things (i was raging lol) so even though aside from that i didnt have much trouble i agree with the nerf cause avalon is a BIG step up from zafaria before they nerfed it, example being average mob in zafaria had about 1600 health were as once you get to avalon the first things you fought in high road were storm had about 2600 health and started with 10 pips

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
It's comments like these that got Sunstone so hard to find and worlds to get a buff up.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Autumn Rain on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
I am glad that you were able to handle Avalon before it was "powered-down". A lot of us are not as fortunate, even with help. I, myself, have been stuck there for nearly a year, and still have a lot of difficulty even though the bosses are not as strong as they once were. I have wonderful gear, decks, etc., and had pretty much no difficulty soloing the game until the final dungeon in Celestia, (with a couple of notable circumstances where I did require assistance from friends now long gone).

What we all have to understand is that there are many different ages playing this game, from young children to grandparents, and everybody has different abilities. It is hard for KI to please everybody, and I think at this time, they are stuck between a rock and hard place, with some people wanting a more hard-core gaming experience and those of us wanting them to go back to the easy-free flowing game that Wizard use to be.

But, don't worry, there are worlds after Avalon already ready for you to explore that are difficult, and, as has been stated by KI, many more chapters in the story to come.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79
I'm not in Avalon yet (getting close though :D), but I feel your pain, I soloed all the way from Marleybone up to the Great Spyre in Drgaonspyre, then once again to the Trial of Shperes, and then up to now (only the Team Up! thing got me thourgh Belloq's tent). Soloing isn't the easiest job, all I can do is wish you good luck.

Marcus Suncrfater, lvl 74