Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this a rare or good pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I don't quite remember what the other pet was that I hatched this with, but I have a Night Hawk from a pack and I trained her to Ancient, she heals me (quite often.) with Pixie, and gives me +10 Accuracy for Storm, and she also occasionally casts Storm Trap. But this isn't the pet I'm talking about.. I hatched my Night Hawk with some pet (I forgot what pet.. maybe a Sea Dragon?) and I got a Deer Knight. So far he is at Adult, he came with the Feint Spell, and once I trained him he also sometimes on random casts Berserk, and gives me the Deer Knight spell.

Is the Deer Knight a rare or good pet?

I also have many other pets I'd like to know if they are rare at all, or give possibilities for good spells. I know you can check how many "Uncommon" or "Rare" or "Ultra-Rare" spells they can give, but what are the chances for these?

Ram Warrior
Enchanted Armanent
Babydactyl

I have over 50 pets in my house that I'm not going to name, but I know quite a few are pretty common, like ghouls and Rock Colossus and stuff like that.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Hmm well Deer Knght has the Epic chance (Meaning very very low) of being a pack drop. Berserk is well, a very offensive spell. If you want to just wreck someone or something with the first chance you get, berserk is good for you. The Babydactyl and night hawk are easy to obtain but they cost $30 dollars each. Ram is a pack drp so random rarity. And enchanted is a very common drop.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Deer knight isn't really rare but its AWESOME!
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52 , owner of adult deer knight Duke Rusty

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Deer knight can be hatched or gotten from being gotten from a hoard pack, and heres the wiki page for deer knight.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Deer_Knight

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
the enchanted armament is easy to get but the boss is hard. It also has good talents.

blaze ashblood level 62 pyromancer

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Deer night isn't a rare pet, but it has some good talents. Besides the ram warrior, the other pets aren't very rare but expensive. (Come with bundle of sort) the ram is as rare as the deer night.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Deer Knight is a common one to see, but I have only seen people get it from hatches and Purreau's Plentiful Pet Provisions.

If you get it from Purreau's pack, then you're at a big loss for the 1st gen, in my opinion. All of the exclusive Purreau's pets get specific talents get one specific talent manifested at Teen, with another one at Adult. For the Meow Wing, they get MC Amplify. For the Smith, they get MC Fortify. For the Scorpion, they get MC Empowerment. For the Deer Knight, they get MC Berzerk. There's one upside to all the aura-casters, they get an extra round for the auras that they cast, and won't cast again until the aura fades, player or pet cast. That's a real disadvantage for the Deer Knight, as Berzerk deals an extra 40% of each attack to you, and deals an extra 30% of each attack from you. That's for 5 rounds. Everyone who has used this aura in both PvP and PvE has gotten killed quickly.

Deer Knight is common, even though it's listed as an Epic drop from the pack, if I recall right. 1st Gen isn't all that useful, in my opinion.