Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reoccuring Talent

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but when I hatch the same talent always appears. For example, on my sea dragon, I got spell proof and paingiver, which I was really happy about, then at ancient I got a selfish talent . On the next sea dragon I got spell proof and spell defy, and at ancient I still got the same selfish talent . How do I get it out of the talent pool while keeping paingiver, defy, and proof? Have any of you had this problem? Thanks.

Nicholas Legendbringer level 67

#firstpost

Explorer
May 06, 2012
Team yoloswag on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but when I hatch the same talent always appears. For example, on my sea dragon, I got spell proof and paingiver, which I was really happy about, then at ancient I got a selfish talent . On the next sea dragon I got spell proof and spell defy, and at ancient I still got the same selfish talent . How do I get it out of the talent pool while keeping paingiver, defy, and proof? Have any of you had this problem? Thanks.

Nicholas Legendbringer level 67

#firstpost
i know the same thing kep happening with my sea dragon and everything i hatched it with. untill finally i gots the other pets talents. its all about luck.

Explorer
May 06, 2012
nulli know the same thing kep happening with my sea dragon and everything i hatched it with. untill finally i gots the other pets talents. its all about luck.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Sea dragons don't have any first-generation selfish talents, but you may have a hybrid so it will be harder to get rid of.

Keep hatching with other pets that do not have any selfish talents manifesting. When you're in the hatch window, look to make sure the other pet has good manifested talents in the same slots as your unwanted talent. Since manifested talents will sometimes override each other, the chances are half n' half you'll get the other guy's talent instead of the selfish one.

If/when you finally get rid of it, do NOT back-hatch with your dragon that has the selfish talent!