Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rate Marleybone 1-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I haven't been there but I've seen like a bajillion pictures and it looks a little boring.

So I'd give it 3.5

Lail lotus level 9

Pet imp baby

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
10 being the best, I give it an 8. When I first got there, I had trouble with the mobs, but now they're not that bad. The dungeons were long, sure, but thats what made them fun! They give you a sense of accomplishment. I had to stay up till midnight to finish Big Ben, but I felt so good about myself the next day! The music is wonderful and the theme is great. I love Krokotopia, but I feel that it has been given unfair treatment compared to Marleybone. The developers seem to have give it much more time and work. However, after a while it is too gloomy and I was happy to leave. The Counterweights were just EVIL!
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
Hmmm 4 or 5 maybe? I'm currently on that world and i think it's so boring. Every street is the same: you run around rooftops covered in garbage and they're all long and you get sucked into battles all the time. I also don't like the dark gloomy feel so I'm sure ill hate dargonspyre haha
But yeah Marleybone was a snooze. I always lost motivation and the sense of magic. I feel like KI was more concerned with maintaining the theme than anything else. It just wasn't my cup of tea
-Shannon Icegem

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
I am not actually in Marleybone yet but me and my friend go there a lot and do quest. I like it a lot and I have never seen a problem with being dragged into battles. In Grizzleheim I have trouble not being dragged into battles but I have gotten better. I like the theme and bosses but cats and dogs was quite a weird choice of people. Am I the only one that notices newspapers flying around Marleybone...lol.

9.5/10, I love it but the cats and dogs characters are kind of weird. Cats more so tbh.

Richard AshWeaver Level 28 Wizard

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Ootu Spirit on May 7, 2013 wrote:
I like MB allot, i'm all like dark, gloomy and a animal lover i would give MB a nice ........ 10 :D Music is wonderful (my ringing tone on mobile), and has allot o' dungeons so i get the drops got like 50000 gold from whole MB. but i think it has something with my starting level (33)
if you think your starting level is low then you haven't heard my end level. My end level was 32. I'd rate MB a 100. I got some cool pets their, I love London, I have pet cats and dogs, I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan, I love mysteries, I previewed the houses and loved them, it was a challenge (I like a good challenge), cool spells to find there, and I LOVED the music and theme. And Mooshu was too boring until Oni No Death (Death Oni) which brought a twist. Now on DS, I'm bored. I know Malistaire is coming and I have to fight him. And the DS storyline has some gaps.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I would rate it at a 6. It was fun but also it was hard to stay out of battles. Also I lost my main quest because of getting distracted. But I still thought it was fun because of the easy battles and making a boss come because of spilling milk *spoiler*

Lvl. 36

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
I would give it a 7 because of the graphics, music and theme.

Katherine stormbreeze Magus pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
NeoNebula17 on May 6, 2013 wrote:
I am struggling to contain my anger against you.

Marleybone did have the issue with the drawing people into battles, but everything else was awesome. Lots of pet drops, wonderful music, and the best part the theme. I love the music, the proper manners, the villain's designs, the darkness, and the idea conveyed in the music of a battle at the end of a detective chase.

You like MooShu for happy daylight? Wait until you hit the Tree of Life, the Ancient Burial Grounds, the Village of Sorrow. You will find out how dark daylight can get
It's still sunny there... except when you go to the underworld. and the tree of life is a quick dungeon, and the ancient burial grounds are pretty easy too. The only dark places I can think of are the tombs, the underworld, and the dojos. and you're not even in those places for more than an hour. (for me)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I am not sure what I would rate Marleybone. It's a really cool world, nice and dark and gloomy, (my kind of thing,) but I am getting a little tired of it because I make new wizards a lot and have to go through it over and over. But, ignoring that, probably a....... 10! I loved to go to abandoned realms, be hidden from friends, and solo everything. It was nice to get away from other wizards for a while and level up 3 times a day!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I am not sure what I would rate Marleybone. It's a really cool world, nice and dark and gloomy, (my kind of thing,) but I am getting a little tired of it because I make new wizards a lot and have to go through it over and over. But, ignoring that, probably a....... 10! I loved to go to abandoned realms, be hidden from friends, and solo everything. It was nice to get away from other wizards for a while and level up 3 times a day!

Death is unavoidable; face it without fear and make the most of your time... While you still can. - Becca S.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
well I give it a 3 or a 2 I don't like the dungeons

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I will give it a 7 it's music is good and the plot is good also the running into battles is not bad (think about it as a way to get gears and gold). The bad thing is the darkness, i miss the light of krokatopia that's about it.

Jason Waterblade (go diviners)

Explorer
May 06, 2012
Hannah Lifebringer on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
I would have to rate Marleybone a 0. I detested that world. To me the fights were tedious and the atmosphere dark and dirty. Was so glad to finish that world and continue on to the bright and sunny world of Mooshu.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life.

P.S. I would like to know why Abigail Doolittle hates the street sweepers so much.
I agree!!!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
Marleybone was difficult to master at first, but after you did it was a real blast!
(Though sometimes annoying.)

Valdus level 39

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
Mine I would give it a 6 same like you I don't like getting pulled into battles

Survivor
May 22, 2013
I'd probably give it a 4 or 5. I really like the theme and the music, and I thought the names were clever and playful. But I hated constantly getting pulled into battles, and that almost everything led to a long dungeon. I play solo for the most part, and I don't have 2 hours to dedicate to just one dungeon.
Right now I'm stuck at Big Ben. And since you have to complete it before going to MooShu, I don't think I'm going to get there anytime soon.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I would rate a 9 I really like there clothes. And the city is well drawn and just take a look at mushoo that's just beautiful