Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-15-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya Wizards! Another week has passed, and so it's time for another Feedback Friday.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about where your Wizards call home. We have everything from the studio apartment size (your dorm) to grand, sprawling mansions (like the Massive Fantasy Palace). What house out there is your perfectly SIZED house?

Have a wonderful weekend Wizards, and stay warm!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Professor Falmea on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
Hiya Wizards! Another week has passed, and so it's time for another Feedback Friday.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about where your Wizards call home. We have everything from the studio apartment size (your dorm) to grand, sprawling mansions (like the Massive Fantasy Palace). What house out there is your perfectly SIZED house?

The Villa Gardens, the Death House, as well as that house in Wizard City with a Theather.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
From the 3 houses that I have (Celestial Observatory, Imperial Palace & Wysteria Villa) plus my dorm room when I first became a wizard, my all time favorite is the Celestial Observatory. It's got its own pvp arena where if I want to, can hone my skills with my friends. It also has 2 outside rooms where I keep my pets in. Inside the observatory, it has 5 floors which I have turned each floor into serene calming areas with the top floor as the bedroom. I've also added the midnight sun pagoda in the middle as you approach the observatory from the world gate.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
To be big, or not to be big? there is no question. Bigger is better, for the bigger a house is, the more interesting stuff you can put in it. Case in point, gardening. There is a lot of potential in a garden bigger then a dorm room, and if you like housing items that have a practical use, such as crafting tables or housing dungeons, you need space to put them in right? So whatever has the most room is good, I mean, if you dont need alll that space, you dont need to use all of it. Leave as much of your castle empty as you want, it's your property, not mine.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I have to say Azteca House because its the perfect size for housing games. Its also nice and big and I need that. Too bad I don't have a Azteca House. :(

~Taylor Swift~ Level 55 Grandmaster <3

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I have explored nearly every house on the game and visited a few that come in the Bundles, and my 6 wizards have a few each. I have to say out of all of them, the old Marleybone mansion and the Marleybone town house are the most homey. I love Mooshu and have several of the smaller houses, but the mansion there was not attractive to me (cold inside, cartoony outside, and too little land). I think the Sun Palace is one of the most beautiful inside and out if you want to go that big.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I think that the new Azteca Pyramid bundle house is the best sized house out there. I would say the Wysteria Villa but there isn't enough outside space for all the things I want to do.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I really enjoy the houses that aren't too "gargantuan". The Sun Palace was a good Bundle sized house (perfect size, personally) however the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon and Sultans Palace were far too large. For a bundle I like Sun Palace sized, for a house (not a castle) I like the size of the death school or life school homes. I would prefer if we could build as we wished, like an empty plot with a small cottage and craft other levels/rooms to the house. This would allow the people who really want a large house but not enough crowns or money to have that. On the other hand one of the craftable housing addition recipes could be a PvP arena or maybe pet derby. This is just my opinion.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

I use the wizards watchtower as my homestead. I own a few houses but thats my favorite.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I love the whisteria house. Lots of room out side and inside.

Community Leader
Wow, that is a big question. With the Bric-a-Brac potion any house can hold 300 though I do love the style of the new Azteca pyramid. I like any house that gives me unique style, edges and areas to decorate. Makes me think about how I want to decorate them. I guess the main thing for me is how many items a house can hold I use allot of details in my houses.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Community Leader
I absolutely love the super big houses. I'm just sad that I keep maxing out on items allowed to set down even with Bric a Brac. Sultan's Palace, Sun Palace and Azteca houses are the ones that popped up in my mind when thinking about this question. I have loved the multiple huge rooms and secret caves and places. Azteca's transporters and the Sun Palace's door panels (which opened the doors) was an amazing addition!

The Azteca's house design was perfect for house games where you had to hide. It's so much fun to get confused and turned around. I actually think Azteca house and Sultan's Palace is the perfect balance between house space and land space. The only downfall of Sun Palace was that it had such small land space. It was hard putting down everything I wanted for the outside. I love houses that are balanced with indoor space and outdoor space. Sultan's Palace was another house that was perfectly balanced. I loved that house! The beautiful lake that we could run through was super lovely and the pavilion inside of the house is so beautiful! The ramp up to the genie bottle was genius.

But we do need a Super Bric a Brac potion though that could gave you 100 housing item space. Also a potion that expanded our pet space too. 50 per house outside and inside just is not enough. Sometimes I like decorating it with pets or store pets in rooms. Especially in the Sun Palace where opening and closing the doors is a perfect way to lock pets in.

With bigger houses, we do need more space because there are so many small things you could fit in a huge house. With bigger houses, we do need bigger furniture which would make it easier to decorate. We need huge rugs for example. The bigger item, the less furniture space we need.

I cannot wait to see what other new houses you have in works! I can't wait. :D Have a fantastic weekend!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My original wizard has the Epic bundle castle which fits her she went to this from the Cottage - I played the most with this wizard and she collected a lot of things to decorate a house with, I also bought and crafted some things.

All my future wizards mainly get the Playhouse since it has a nice layout and offers enough space for what I want to save to decorate.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
my favorite house is the srorm house ! i would be there every day ,on my dream island, looking towards the endless waters ,waiting for my dream lover on its reefs ,under the stormy skies.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I would have to say, the Avalon castle is the perfect size and layout. I've maxed out items for inside and outside, even with the bric-a-brac potions, and there are still rooms inside I haven't completed because of the item limitation.

So far, I have 11 houses spread out on six of my wizards. A couple of them are for gardening only (no decorating), but all the others are works-in-progress and each are very unique on how they are decorated. My Marleybone house is decorated old-fashioned (as much as I can do so), my Grizzleheim house is covered in snow and is my Christmas house, the Avalon castle is my Halloween house, my Death house is, well, creepy and spooky, my Myth house is set up with all Celestian items, etc.

I love all the houses I have so far, but I do have to admit, some of them are strangely layed-out in terms of architecture design and can be hard to work with.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
It really depends on the house. Sometimes a small house keeps you to just a few perfect objects. My pyromancer has the small Marleybone house and it is one of my favorite houses to visit. She needs a couple of wingback chairs for her bedroom, maybe like those ones in Wysteria (hint hint), but it is otherwise just right with only a few items in it. On the other hand, my theurge has the Life House and she will be getting a bric-a-brac potion with my yearly crowns splurge. That house just seems to beg for dozens of little surprises in every room. My diviner has the Celestian Observatory, and it has about 20 items in it. That house just wants to be austere for some reason.

Really, if I run out of room, I just buy another house. I have six wizards and each of them has decorated their dorm rooms with items that fit their schools. I put down portals in them that lead to their actual houses. It makes it much easier to visit multiple houses and it makes it much easier to visit my chest without triggering my garden. I always keep my gardens and my crafting stations in separate houses for that same reason.

Kind of a roundabout way of putting things, but I would actually love to see some more little houses. A little townhouse like Professor Burble's or one of the Avian nests would be fun.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Perfectly sized, I like my Death house best and the smallest castle in Wizard City second. The huge houses have no appeal to me at all.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my balance wizard has about 7 houses, lol. but my favourite ones are her grand fortress (dragonspyre housing shop, yo) and the winter wind tower (from the avalon bundle).

the grand fortress has dead stuff everywhere. mummies, skeletons, coffins, gravestones, weapons all over the walls... even mally and sylvia bobbleheads. my winter wind tower is the christmas house, which is full of cheery holiday stuff~ gingerbread houses, presents, and lights, amongst other festive decor.

-von
level 90 balance wizard, lover of dragonspyre housing.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
What I like in houses is an interesting theme, unique features with interesting animations and, most of all, at least three good gardening spots that are easily accessible from the spiral door. By far, my favorite is the Storm house.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
me? i always got the more expensive houses.though now,i only get bundle houses because to me the bigger the better. so far i have the epic bundle and you know it's no longer avalible ):,the super bundle my first one,the majestic bundle my favorite so far,and the dino bundle the latest one i've got.i'm going to get the mega bundle before pagoda and there all for my first wizard and most powerful. but my opinion bigger is better.

Historian
May 28, 2009
For me, the Massive Fantasy Palace was just so PERFECT! But sadly, I can't get it anymore...

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
House size. Give me a moment to gather my thoughts.

I've been playing since almost the beginning and just found out about this Feedback Friday thing. Gosh, many of those locked threads I wish I'd known about and would have loved the opportunity to vote. Named decks? Absolutely! But I digress.

Okay, house size.

Not sure what size is perfect; certainly object count enough to run a full garden of 69 plots, 69 plants, and 10-15 likes is critical for gardening, and with four homes I cannot display even one of everything I have earned in my travels but speed of loading a house with 250 items is notably less entertaining than a small 50 item house, so I guess you've probably found the right balance there. 250 in and 250 seems perfect.

As to physical size, which seems more the question you are asking, I am at odds with myself on this one. The Massive Fantasy Palace is -- hands down, bar none -- my favorite castle ever.

Yet I get lost inside that thing all the time.

Perfect? I don't know. But the perfect castle is no longer available, so I don't quite know how to address the question.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Of all the homes out there, my crafted Grizzlehiem home is my favorite. I love the outdoors, its spacious. It gives you the feeling of comfort and home. Also I enjoy the pride that you just cant buy a pachage and get it. This one actually takes effort to creat it and time, lots of time. When I show the home I know not just anybody and everybody has it. It caries with it the full compliment of slots for interior and exterior.

Reed Moonfriend
90 Life and lifesaver of all those that yell "HELP"

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
i love the house but mostly bundle but is there any chance more dungeon like Pagoda Gauntlet unless if any new world after azteca as a chance...with a dungeon with a bundle like Pagoda Gauntlet... But Do lovedino bundle with azteca house in it