Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does the spell do??????

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Every school has a version of this. For fire it is tranqualize, another school it's pacify, etc. The description says reduces threat on target. I can not see any change in the way the duel is going. Can anyone clarify for me what the spell does, or maybe more appropriately, is suppose to do?

Steven Hawk
Pyromancer

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Steven Hawk on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Every school has a version of this. For fire it is tranqualize, another school it's pacify, etc. The description says reduces threat on target. I can not see any change in the way the duel is going. Can anyone clarify for me what the spell does, or maybe more appropriately, is suppose to do?

Steven Hawk
Pyromancer
Threat is the targeting system for enemies. When a battle starts, you and all your friends have 0 threat, so the enemies only attack the corresponding player to their battle position. Whenever you cast a damage sepll or a heal, this increases threat on you, once you've gotten a massive amount of threat like say 1000, then all the enemies will go after you, reducing threat helps keep you out of the enemies line of attack. Hoped this helped.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
IMHO, it's a useless spell. That's the friendliest way to put it :P It basically redirects the enemies attention. Doesn't do nothing in PvP, shame.

Historian
May 28, 2009
This spell with the picture of a bird is supposed to lower the desire of the enemy attacking you.

At the start of each duel, your enemy is neutral toward all wizards. He will attack the one it faces or any randomly. Attacking it will make the attacker gain threat which means the enemy will focus it's attack onto the attacker.

If you use a spell that reduces your threat, unless you attacked the enemy a lot, if after the spell lowers your threat, the enemy should start to attack other targets.

ex: There are you and your minion. None of you attacked.

Your threat on both you and minion are 0 and 0 onto all enemies.

Minion shield it self (no effect)
You attack enemy 100damages (You gain 5 threat point)
Enemy looks at stats.

Minion: 0 You: 5.

Enemy will decide to attack you.

The amount of threat you get depends on the amount of damages you dealt. If you only dealt 400 damages on the first round and another player dealt 1000 damages, the enemy will chose to attack the other player.

If you have further questions about advanced dueling that is not taught in game, feel free to ask!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Steven Hawk
Pyromancer
it does exactly what's on the tin~ reduces the threat on target.

worth noting: this works only when there are multiple players in the dueling circle. it will cause the enemies to lose interest in you and start attacking your teammates. of course, it's highly frowned upon if you do this without asking your teammates first, especially if they have less health or resist than you... so always ask first.

the only schools without these spells are ice (who gets taunt, a spell that does the opposite~ it draws attention to that ice wizard and away from their more-fragile teammates) and balance, who doesn't get one at all.

hope this helps, sort of.

-von

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
These spells reduce the threat on the person that casts it. Basically if you are being targeted by a mob continuous (meaning you have the aggro of that mob) This will reduce the threat on the mob and it may attack someone else instead of you next round.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012

Steven Hawk
Pyromancer
Pacify makes the foe less likely to target you (opposite of taunt)
This can be used best if you have a summoned minion, the enemy targets them for a while giving you time to heal or gain pips.
Hope this helps!
Melissa Rainbowheart
Level 52 Theurgist (Life)

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
AWESOME responses everyone. Thank You very much. Thats been driving me nuts for a while now. I guess my brain just wasn't processing what the spell was for like it normally does. Thank You again!!

Steven Hawk

P.S. Nice job on the additional "worth noting:" vonawesome1.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I know that this is for spells but I need to know what cards are considered traps?
I really need help on this if anyone can let me know that would be awesome :)