Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keep Failing to Get Sharpened Blade? Look Here!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Today, in this thread, you will now know all of the tips on how to defeat the boss for Sharpened Blade. (Can't remember the name, sorry) Yes, it is quite hard, 1v3. But don't worry, this thread will help ANY school to defeat him. So, lets get started on the spells him and his minions use.
He is a boss, and so are his minions. He has around 18k health, and 2.6k health for his minions.
He uses the following spells that I encountered:
Rain of Fire
Fire Dragon
Helephant
Flame Serpent
Sun Serpent
Self-Attack
Fire Blade
Fire Trap
Phoenix

There may be more, but these are the spells that I recorded today.

_

Here comes strategies. The most important thing in Wizard101. So, the objective is, to kill his minions first, stack a few blades, then use your AoE against them. It will most likely kill the minions and do a bit of damage to the boss. Don't forget to enchant it too! In Ice's case, it is Frost Giant. In Fire's case, it is Fire Dragon or Rain of Fire, along with a prism. (Make sure to blade enough to kill first hit) In Life's case, it is Forest Lord. In Myth's case, it would be Humongo. In Death's case, it would be scarecrow. In storm's case, it would be Storm Lord. In Balance's case, it would be Ra.
You should only have 2 or less than a card you need. If you happen to run out, reshuffle TC.

!NOTE! Do NOT discard anything!

It is not my descision whether what cards to use, just yours. Choose wisely!

_

So as I explained above, you kill both minions. Check! Now it is 1v1.
In this case, I think it is pretty self-explanatory. Blade up, feints, curses, anything, until you feel you have enough charms to kill the boss.
And... You are DONE!

_

Congratulations. Now just put a few sharpens, or potents, and have fun!
Happy Questing! See you soon!

[Make sure to check out my other thread, helping you with Wanadi Black Sky]

Wizard, level 86, Helpful Wizard.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I think this guide is great, as life wizard this battle is quite easy (use tc blades and tc sharpened blade and feints it is really easy, but if you have Spinysaur it will make your life even easier). What I did (basically the same as yours) Blade Blade Blade Trap Trap Trap then Forest Lord which will easily take out the two minions. Then, I did the same sequence but this time I did a big Spinysaur which took out the boss with the DoT (damage over time).

Stephen Battlesword, Level 92 Life Wizard
Alex Ironsword Level 30 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I will soon be doing this battle (a few quests left to go until Thorn in my pride) and my myth plan is to use Vassanji (my minion), shielding him and myself and blading him, with gear on that gives me 46% fire resist. I'll be sure to have cleanse charm tc's to remove the obsidian colossus weakness, and maybe a couple fire dispels. With myth, if I blade the heck out of Vassanji as he nears defeat, I can dimension shift the blades to myself, and have a 40% and 50% blade in addition to my blades, and trap the snot out of him after Vassanji's gone, and hammer him with a colossal bassy. Hopefully it goes well!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
No matter what I try I cannot defeat him. I have 0 fire resist and 83 fire block (13%). I just do not block any criticals and is annoying with 2 minions. He is impossible for me. Help!

Cameron DragonShield level 86 wizard

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
i think the boss is way to hard for. i have died 20 times and still cant defeat him i have 3964 health 27 resist 154 critical and 104 block. please give me tips to defeat him i also use treasure cards like an extra elemental blade +40 and feint +70 to boss and +20 to self. i cant even get one attack on them

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I have read all of your posts.
Keep trying, and also, the one without resist, you must get more than 20. I had 21 at the time. Don't worry about criticals, (they'll block it) and remember to have lots of fire resist/block. Good luck!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Like the poster below. If you're having trouble with all the attacks you're facing, the best thing to do is get fire resist gear at the bazaar. Your stats like accuracy, incoming/outgoing, health, and critical maybe go down but if you have enough blades it'll be very easy to do without them. (Using the best resist gear in the bazaar + any pets with proof/defy/fire resist, you can probably get 70-100+ Resist. For ice it should be very easy.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
fire resist is MUCH more important than fire critical block in this fight. The more resist you have, the less you need block becauser resist counts for EVERY spell that hits, not just criticals. once my fire got hefty fire resist gear, the fight was a complete joke. Go to the bazaar and get yourself some nice fire resist gear and try it again. You'd be amazed how easy it becomes

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
I myself have a few quest in Aztecan but this quest i can't seem to beat i have no crowns an i am not fire restraint i am level88 death wizard.

i need help with setting up my cards so i quit getting killed also with my setup with treasure cards
i am not sure what i need?

someone tell me how to setup my deck an treasure cards so i can beat him

an where i might find fire restraint gear

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
tiffanydeathtammer on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I myself have a few quest in Aztecan but this quest i can't seem to beat i have no crowns an i am not fire restraint i am level88 death wizard.

i need help with setting up my cards so i quit getting killed also with my setup with treasure cards
i am not sure what i need?

someone tell me how to setup my deck an treasure cards so i can beat him

an where i might find fire restraint gear
go to the Bazaar in Olde Town in Wizard City. Check the box that says "USABLE" and sort the whole thing from highest level to lowest level. Logging on to my death wizard, and doing this, for L88 and below, you can try:

+21% Fire Resist (Dawn Hour Mantle: 17,184 gold)
+15% Fire Resist (Burn Coat: 14,447 gold)
+14% Fire Resist (Iron hide Boots:10,537 gold)
+50% Fire Resist (total: 42,168 gold)

That will take the punch out of most of their attacks :) Crow for the 3 on 1, Frankie for the 1 on 1, blade up and go to town! fight shouldnt last more than a few minutes

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Tahnk you so much! I, being a pyromancer, thought I would never be able to beat this boss. But I followed the instructions, getting reststant boots and equiping a hat I already had. This gave me about 50% fire resistance and allowed me to survive around 400 health before using pixie. A single dragon to get the Ortiz guys and two efreets for the boss (all with prisims of course). I was scared of dying while setting up, but a ring from the Bazaar blocked quite a few key crits. Now I get the new sun spells! Thanks so much again!

Ian Bluethorn, level 87

Survivor
May 30, 2010
If any one is reading this I am having so much trouble beating him I have the fire resist gear on but I can't kill boss because my myth hit is so low what do I do

Kenneth Green Smith level 87 myth wizard

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
i'm in lvl 88 and I don't have the sharpen blade quest or the aura one neither I need help.