Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

smoke in high level rank matches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
the smoke spam is getting annoying in high level ranked matches (3v3, 4v4) those 40% smokes with 45% tc ones,kind of ruining the whole point of pvp, sometimes just cant cast nothing , i know that everybody can use it and u can smoke like the other team , but not all people has a fire wizard to spam , its kinda ruining it like chain stun did back in the day, i think that something has to be done like the same u did on the chain stun , give some smoke blocks or something i know is a strategy but its kind of chain stunning it locks u down like if u were stunned

ty :)

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
i was worried that people would start doing this. ki how about a spell to prevent it instead of a new type of stat

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
malevolent creatio... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
the smoke spam is getting annoying in high level ranked matches (3v3, 4v4) those 40% smokes with 45% tc ones,kind of ruining the whole point of pvp, sometimes just cant cast nothing , i know that everybody can use it and u can smoke like the other team , but not all people has a fire wizard to spam , its kinda ruining it like chain stun did back in the day, i think that something has to be done like the same u did on the chain stun , give some smoke blocks or something i know is a strategy but its kind of chain stunning it locks u down like if u were stunned

True it's annoying, but it's not that great of a strategy at high levels. People have such high accuracy, that when you attack, the people smoke spamming won't have any shields up. There are always exceptions to everything; but overall, that is generally what happens. I have lost and won against this strategy. All they are doing is luck, if you succeed in attacking, they are dead.

It is just like all the other spamming strategies.
tower/legion shield
plague/virulent
unicorn
wild/insane bolt
They are all the same that they leave themselves open or never attack, and they use all their pips. Not sure if this will change anyone's viewpoint on spamming. There are always people who will "abuse" spells, but there are always ways to win.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I've actually almost stopped casting smokescreen on my . They always hit their spell through it anyway.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
David DeathFlame on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
True it's annoying, but it's not that great of a strategy at high levels. People have such high accuracy, that when you attack, the people smoke spamming won't have any shields up. There are always exceptions to everything; but overall, that is generally what happens. I have lost and won against this strategy. All they are doing is luck, if you succeed in attacking, they are dead.

It is just like all the other spamming strategies.
tower/legion shield
plague/virulent
unicorn
wild/insane bolt
They are all the same that they leave themselves open or never attack, and they use all their pips. Not sure if this will change anyone's viewpoint on spamming. There are always people who will "abuse" spells, but there are always ways to win.
well i think u havent done a high level match against good smoke spammers, doing 40% with 45% almost a sure fizz and the one that will not have shields for the incoming attack is the one getting the smokes so when the hitter attacks goes clean and with shadow is almost a sure win for them

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
malevolent creatio... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:

It is very annoying, but eventually they give you an opening, such as when one of them blades the other. (this is talking about -40% AND -45% smokes combined) and as soon as one of them lets up you need to be on top of capitalizing on it. It is extremely annoying but I've learned to fight through it. Just keep practicing your team strategy, it'll get better.

Wolf Skullslinger