Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's Talk About Malistaire and Morganthe &+

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Now that the 2nd Arc is close to wrapping up, I feel comfortable discussing the two main villians we've seen so far: Malistaire and Morganthe. We've seen just enough of they're Arcs to really get aquainted with the two. While Morganthe's story is still technically unfinished, I want to go ahead and just dive in. So let's do a run down of what these Wizards have been after:

Malistaire lost his wife Sylvia to an untreatable disease. Brokenhearted, he tried to find ways in Death magic to revive her. Fueled by the anger against his colleague's disbeliefs, he sinks the Death school and leaves Wizard City full of Undead headed by Lord Nightshade to stall Ambrose. He travels to Krokotopia to get the Kroconomicon, a text of Life and Death, only to be revealed that the book was transported to Marleybone. Using the recent crimes in the city as a cover, Malistaire releases the notorious thief Meowiarty from prison to steal the book back from the Dogs. He goes to Mooshu to gain the world key to Dragonspyre, a world of ancient power that will help him to his causes, from the Emperor. When the Emperor disapproves, Malistaire strikes him down and steals the key. In Dragonsypre, Malistaire tries to resummon the Dragon Titan with the Kroconomicon and use it's power to resurrect his wife. At his defeat, he leaves with Sylvia to rest in piece.

Morganthe, a very smart, bright and clever girl, was Merle Ambrose's first apprentice before starting Ravenwood. She came from powerful family that desired the crown of King Artorius' reign. Morganthe helped, her brother, Malory, by trying to learn Forbidden Knowledge. When troubles in Avalon became to much with the fall of both King and Malory, Morganthe, Merle, and Gamma fled to travel the Spiral. They founded Ravenwood. Tired of taking the slow pace in Merle's teachings, Morganthe made the tragic mistake of trying to learn the Forbidden Magic and nearly destroyed Wizard City, prompting the decision to remove her magical powers and expel her from Ravenwood.
Feeling wronged from becoming powerless, alone and denied power that was hers, Morganthe seeks to make the Spiral know she is powerful and worthy of knowledge.
She becomes Queen of the Shadow Web and sets base in Zafaria. The oppressed Zafarians call the Council of Light and they kick her out and lock her power away. Morganthe goes to Celestia to learn Astral Magic, an asset to her Prophecy, but ends up silenced by the Storm Titan after the long war. Rewaken from the Marleybonians' exploration, she claims Astral magic and returns to Zafaria, and stirs more trouble, to reclaim her locked power, the Deck of Shadows. Victorious, she goes to Azteca to complete her ritual and prophecy, by destroying the world at Xibalba and chaining the nine Lords of Night, who will teach her the Song of Creation. In Khrysalis, Morganthe's new home, she tries to learn Shadow Magic and finish the 100 Year War she started. At her palace, Morganthe plans to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Now that the 2nd Arc is close to wrapping up, I feel comfortable discussing the two main villians we've seen so far: Malistaire and Morganthe. We've seen just enough of they're Arcs to really get aquainted with the two. While Morganthe's story is still technically unfinished, I want to go ahead and just dive in. So let's do a run down of what these Wizards have been after:

Malistaire lost his wife Sylvia to an untreatable disease. Brokenhearted, he tried to find ways in Death magic to revive her. Fueled by the anger against his colleague's disbeliefs, he sinks the Death school and leaves Wizard City full of Undead headed by Lord Nightshade to stall Ambrose. He travels to Krokotopia to get the Kroconomicon, a text of Life and Death, only to be revealed that the book was transported to Marleybone. Using the recent crimes in the city as a cover, Malistaire releases the notorious thief Meowiarty from prison to steal the book back from the Dogs. He goes to Mooshu to gain the world key to Dragonspyre, a world of ancient power that will help him to his causes, from the Emperor. When the Emperor disapproves, Malistaire strikes him down and steals the key. In Dragonsypre, Malistaire tries to resummon the Dragon Titan with the Kroconomicon and use it's power to resurrect his wife. At his defeat, he leaves with Sylvia to rest in piece.

Morganthe, a very smart, bright and clever girl, was Merle Ambrose's first apprentice before starting Ravenwood. She came from powerful family that desired the crown of King Artorius' reign. Morganthe helped, her brother, Malory, by trying to learn Forbidden Knowledge. When troubles in Avalon became to much with the fall of both King and Malory, Morganthe, Merle, and Gamma fled to travel the Spiral. They founded Ravenwood. Tired of taking the slow pace in Merle's teachings, Morganthe made the tragic mistake of trying to learn the Forbidden Magic and nearly destroyed Wizard City, prompting the decision to remove her magical powers and expel her from Ravenwood.
Feeling wronged from becoming powerless, alone and denied power that was hers, Morganthe seeks to make the Spiral know she is powerful and worthy of knowledge.
She becomes Queen of the Shadow Web and sets base in Zafaria. The oppressed Zafarians call the Council of Light and they kick her out and lock her power away. Morganthe goes to Celestia to learn Astral Magic, an asset to her Prophecy, but ends up silenced by the Storm Titan after the long war. Rewaken from the Marleybonians' exploration, she claims Astral magic and returns to Zafaria, and stirs more trouble, to reclaim her locked power, the Deck of Shadows. Victorious, she goes to Azteca to complete her ritual and prophecy, by destroying the world at Xibalba and chaining the nine Lords of Night, who will teach her the Song of Creation. In Khrysalis, Morganthe's new home, she tries to learn Shadow Magic and finish the 100 Year War she started. At her palace, Morganthe plans to rewrite the Spiral in her image.
So what's the point I'm trying to make? Simple! I want to know which villian you like more or feel you can relate to more.

From my experience, I've heard a lot of Wizards prefer Malistaire over Morganthe. I think Malistaire will remain a top player favorite because 1.) He's the first villian you encounter and 2.) I think because a lot of families play, many older players (or romanticists) can relate to him. I think one spouse could relate to loosing the other and talking massive strives to bring the lost one back more than wanting to prove you're right, as older players, I think, have had that structured learning experience under their belt. I think Malistaire really represents the more mature and older players because his goals were much more deep than Morganthe's

On the other hand, I think a lot of younger players can or could relate to Morganthe more. To be a star student and then have everything taken away from you that is yours to learn can really hurt. I mean imagine being in school and you're taking a class and making straight A's in it, but the teacher won't teach you the next big lesson and keeps belittling you and when you try and sneak the next lesson, you're removed of all rights to learn something and expelled from that school. As a younger players, if that happened to me at my high school, I could relate to it. I also think Morganthe represents the more rambucious and reckless children with too much curiousity. When you look at her major goal, they are a bit more trivial compared to Malistaire's (but just as deadly).

I, personally, like Morganthe more than Malistaire as I can better relate to her (Malistaire is still up their on the Villianous Leaderboards). But I want to hear which major villian you more relate to.

I'd also like to ask you: What do you want to see in the next major villian?
Would you like someone just as sympathetic as Malistaire or even more ruthless and deliberate than Morganthe? Maybe a mix of both? Or would you like a villian who is more of an 'it', a creature that you can't sympathize and really can only try to stop, like Pirate101's Armada to show an example?

I'd like someone whose a little more mysterious and harder to figure out, but maybe with just as bad a past as Malistaire. I don't know if their can be a villian more deliberate than Morganthe, but who knows? I'd also love someone who doesn't relate to Ravenwood and is completely new. (Malistaire was a teacher of Ravenwood, Morganthe a student of Ravenwood. Ever notice that?) Maybe a rival of Merle Ambrose.

Post your comments below!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I want to see a major villain that takes up an entire story arc that isn't .

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Speaking as a younger player and an avid reader and fanfic author, I absolutely loved Malistaire's story! It gave me a lot of material to work with and I'm still fleshing out the exact details in my story. I can do this with ease and it's great fun for me.

Now, for Morganthe. Being younger, I can see why she did what she did, but I just can't relate to her. She has more of a one-dimensional personality for a villain and her story just doesn't work for me as well as Malistaire's story did.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I personally like Malistaire more. (Though I do love Morganthe's sense of style.)
For the next villain, I agree with your idea.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
IMO, Morganthe's true motive came far too late for me to develop any sort of attachment to her. With Malistaire, we found out about Sylvia when we were noobs, so we knew what we were getting into... it gave us time to become emotionally-invested in the plot and the players.

No matter how evil or misguided a villain is, he needs to have human qualities and a motive that people can relate to. That's what makes players love (or hate) a character, and KI did an amazing job with making Malistaire so believable; it's just as easy to love him and feel empathy for his plight as it is to hate his guts.

My guess would be that first-arc Malistaire is experiencing some form of survivor's guilt: when a loved one dies, the survivor often wonders, why that person and not me? It is a truly horrendous feeling, and I imagine that he 1) feels guilty for living/existing without Sylvia, and 2) is angry with himself for not being able to bring her back, which likely evokes feelings of failure and inadequacy.

Grief is a raw and selfish thing. If you've ever lost someone, you probably know how it feels to be left behind, to want that person back with you, even if s/he is in a better place than you are. And, if you had the power to do something about it, wouldn't you?

(Second-arc Malistaire is obv. annoyed at Morganthe for crashing his happily-ever-afterlife with Sylvia. I'd be steamed, too. But I'm thinking there's more: what is Morganthe's tie to him?)

I'm eternally grateful to the person who came up with the brilliant, beautiful, mess that is Malistaire.. Cyrus, too; cuddly as a cactus, but with a heart of gold underneath his prickly exterior; by the end of the first arc, all 3 Drakes were like family. And, when you're an avid reader/writer like me, that's a wonderful thing to feel.

Maybe I should take up a career as a wizard shrink and psychoanalyze fictional characters for a living.

-von
bookworm, Malistaire minion, armchair psychologist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have to agree with Dr Von. Malistaire was more appealing to all ages. Everyone of all ages eventually understands the experience of loss of a loved one. His loss was twisted in a selfish way to try to regain what he lost. There is a spark of sympathy because his underlying motive started with Love. Morganthe really had no redeeming features in her character. She's more like just a spoiled brat out to destroy everything for power sake. She is greedy, impatient and completely selfish. There's really no understanding her motives except that they arose purely out of hate, greed, ambition and vengence. While all people have those feelings at one time or another, we don't admire them or feel sympathy for them.

Historian
May 06, 2009
seethe42 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with Dr Von. Malistaire was more appealing to all ages. Everyone of all ages eventually understands the experience of loss of a loved one. His loss was twisted in a selfish way to try to regain what he lost. There is a spark of sympathy because his underlying motive started with Love. Morganthe really had no redeeming features in her character. She's more like just a spoiled brat out to destroy everything for power sake. She is greedy, impatient and completely selfish. There's really no understanding her motives except that they arose purely out of hate, greed, ambition and vengence. While all people have those feelings at one time or another, we don't admire them or feel sympathy for them.
I can agree with that. She is definitely a more deliberate, reckless, and hate driven villian compared to Malistaire. But we've yet to see if she has a redeeming quality come the end of Khrysalis.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
IMO, Morganthe's true motive came far too late for me to develop any sort of attachment to her. With Malistaire, we found out about Sylvia when we were noobs, so we knew what we were getting into... it gave us time to become emotionally-invested in the plot and the players.

No matter how evil or misguided a villain is, he needs to have human qualities and a motive that people can relate to. That's what makes players love (or hate) a character, and KI did an amazing job with making Malistaire so believable; it's just as easy to love him and feel empathy for his plight as it is to hate his guts.

My guess would be that first-arc Malistaire is experiencing some form of survivor's guilt: when a loved one dies, the survivor often wonders, why that person and not me? It is a truly horrendous feeling, and I imagine that he 1) feels guilty for living/existing without Sylvia, and 2) is angry with himself for not being able to bring her back, which likely evokes feelings of failure and inadequacy.

Grief is a raw and selfish thing. If you've ever lost someone, you probably know how it feels to be left behind, to want that person back with you, even if s/he is in a better place than you are. And, if you had the power to do something about it, wouldn't you?

(Second-arc Malistaire is obv. annoyed at Morganthe for crashing his happily-ever-afterlife with Sylvia. I'd be steamed, too. But I'm thinking there's more: what is Morganthe's tie to him?)

I'm eternally grateful to the person who came up with the brilliant, beautiful, mess that is Malistaire.. Cyrus, too; cuddly as a cactus, but with a heart of gold underneath his prickly exterior; by the end of the first arc, all 3 Drakes were like family. And, when you're an avid reader/writer like me, that's a wonderful thing to feel.

Maybe I should take up a career as a wizard shrink and psychoanalyze fictional characters for a living.

-von
bookworm, Malistaire minion, armchair psychologist
I thought morganthes tie to malastaire was that she secretly poisoned sylvia in the first place. I guess i am wrong then lol

Seth lotus 42

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seth lotus on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
I thought morganthes tie to malastaire was that she secretly poisoned sylvia in the first place. I guess i am wrong then lol

Seth lotus 42
Only KI knows that, lol. But I agree with you~ it's always been my belief that Morganthe was somehow involved in Sylvia's death; otherwise, what is the tie between her and Malistaire? You don't just rip someone out of his grave for no reason: obviously, she needed him for something.

Here are my theories:

1) Morganthe killed Sylvia~

The greatest theurgist in the Spiral does not simply die from a common cold (which is exactly what Gloria Krendell and Sergeant Skullsplitter both said it was, back in Wizard City). My guess is that it would take a lot more than that to take Sylvia out, which leads me to believe that Morganthe had help, or maybe...

2) Malistaire killed Sylvia himself.

Whether by mistake or on purpose, I don't know. What if Sylvia got into something she shouldn't have? Or what if it was a case of, "if I can't have her, then no one will"?

3) Sweet revenge

What I do know is that Malistaire turned Sylvia into a wraith, to preserve her spirit until he could resurrect her...

Morganthe decided to give Malistaire a taste of his own medicine by ripping him out of his grave and bringing him back as a corpse himself. Kind of like, "well, you didn't let her rest in peace, so I'm not letting you rest either".

-

Either way, there is much more to the story than KI has let on thus far. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

-von

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
ZoeyDawn999 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I want to see a major villain that takes up an entire story arc that isn't .
me too! I mean, why did It always need to be death?!? they could of thrown in some balance or fire at least! think about it, almost all of the final bosses are death! death death death death death!!! just my opinion.

Brianna Lifegiver lvl 61

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Dr Von on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Only KI knows that, lol. But I agree with you~ it's always been my belief that Morganthe was somehow involved in Sylvia's death; otherwise, what is the tie between her and Malistaire? You don't just rip someone out of his grave for no reason: obviously, she needed him for something.

Here are my theories:

The greatest theurgist in the Spiral does not simply die from a common cold (which is exactly what Gloria Krendell and Sergeant Skullsplitter both said it was, back in Wizard City). My guess is that it would take a lot more than that to take Sylvia out, which leads me to believe that Morganthe had help, or maybe...

Whether by mistake or on purpose, I don't know. What if Sylvia got into something she shouldn't have? Or what if it was a case of, "if I can't have her, then no one will"?

3) Sweet revenge

What I do know is that Malistaire turned Sylvia into a wraith, to preserve her spirit until he could resurrect her...

Morganthe decided to give Malistaire a taste of his own medicine by ripping him out of his grave and bringing him back as a corpse himself. Kind of like, "well, you didn't let her rest in peace, so I'm not letting you rest either".

-

Either way, there is much more to the story than KI has let on thus far. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

-von
The dude almost destroyed every world! My guess is his tale just became famous and Morganthe decided he would be a good person to try and kill you with.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
here's how I see the 2 characters:

1) Malistaire is in a grief-stricken rage
2) Morganthe wasn't allow to buy the new video game console and went all Cartman on the world

Im sorry but Morganthe is just a spoiled child who needs to be disciplined and sent to her room. She's like the stereotypical teenager that says "Ooooh, look at me, I'm SOOOOO deep".

Now, for all the teens who play the game, Im not saying you guys and gals are like that, Im saying that's the stereotype

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wraithcaster on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
The dude almost destroyed every world! My guess is his tale just became famous and Morganthe decided he would be a good person to try and kill you with.
But why would he have a reason to harm the player character?

Sure, we defeated him. But we also reunited him with Sylvia, which is what he wanted in the first place, right? Therefore, Malistaire coming after us now, 4 worlds after the fact, when he could still be enjoying his happily-ever-afterlife with Sylvia just doesn't make sense.

I suppose we'll find out when KI lets us.

*fan-girl rage*

Historian
May 06, 2009
dayerider on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:

2) Morganthe wasn't allow to buy the new video game console and went all Cartman on the world

Im sorry but Morganthe is just a spoiled child who needs to be disciplined and sent to her room. She's like the stereotypical teenager that says "Ooooh, look at me, I'm SOOOOO deep".

Now, for all the teens who play the game, Im not saying you guys and gals are like that, Im saying that's the stereotype
(LOL You're synonphsis of Morganthe is pretty funny). That's definitely one way to look at it.

While Morganthe came from a very wealthy family in Avalon (which could lead to assumtions that she got everything she wanted), I don't think I could class her in anyway spoiled. I don't know why, but she is not someone I see as spoiled. Ruthless, heartless, and power-hungry are stronger to me.

Honestly, compared to Malistaire, who was willing to risk the destruction of the Spiral to bring back Sylvia (destroying the Spiral not being his intentions), Morganthe is being much more deliberate in destroying the Spiral in her actions. After the events in Azteca, we know now she doesn't have an ounce of care on who she steps on. So, I guess when you do anything with intention, it affects you sympathy factor. Even if it was as simple as intentionally pouring orange juice into a glass, someone will look at it with scorn or empathy.

But what bothers me with Morganthe, in the mass's case, is while we've gone this far in the story, her intentions are still vague. While the writers have stated this in their blog...

"However, she comes from a similar place as Malistaire, someone who has lost and feels wronged. Once she was a promising student of Merle Ambrose’s back in Avalon, and she followed Ambrose to be his first student in Ravenwood. However, she was never content to learn at the slow pace he dictated. She knew she was smart enough and clever enough to handle the most dangerous types of magic, despite Merle Ambrose’s warnings and restrictions. But she was wrong—she made a tragic mistake and nearly destroyed Wizard City, and thus Merle Ambrose and the other professors were forced to take away her magic and expel her from Ravenwood.
Like Faust, Morganthe sought knowledge that was denied to her, and went over the line when she was thwarted. From there, her ambitions have grown so vast she wishes to force the whole Spiral to bend to her whims, to prove that she was right all along."

that still doesn't answer why she needs to rewrite the Spiral (aside from the what the writers wanted her goal to be bigger than Malistaire's). I have a theory though:

-What if Morganthe's vision isn't as bad as we think? She made a mistake in trying to learn Shadow magic and was faced with the ultimate humiliation for a Wizard: being stripped of magic. Another villian I've read was willing to do horrendous acts inorder to create a Utopia of peace. What if Morganthe wishes to make the Spiral a better place, in her book, and prove she is a steller Wizard, and that she was right? In theory then, her horrid actions could be forgiven because then she could just rewrite Azteca back into existance (like Ghost Dog!).

I still hold out for that final cutscene in the Shadow Palace, because, like Malistaire, until the end of the story, you don't see the villian's feelings and where they really shine and stand. Not everything is as bad as it seems when you add Light.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:

Here are my theories:

3) Sweet revenge

-

-von
These are interesting, theories, but I don't think Morganthe had anything to do with Sylvia's death. And I'm pretty sure Malistaire wouldn't try to kill the one he holds so dear. Morganthe may have been expelled before the events of Sylvia and Malistaire.

Keep in mind, what Malistaire tried to do spread like wildfire. In Pirate101, we find out in the MooShu Skyways that the attack on the Emporer already reached the most outer parts of MooShu. And I'm sure the Wizards in Wizard City are shaken up by that, plus they have connections in Krokotopia, and Cool Ranch (theres a proffesor of smaller importance over there) and Harold Argleston has relatives all over the Spiral (Cool Ranch, Aquila (P101 again)). So the news would quickly spread. Don't you think news where someone is trying to bring back the dead would become viral?

I doubt Morganthe had any personal connections to Malistaire, unless Malistaire was Morganthe's Death Teacher back in the day. But the news would have spread to even her kingdom, and someone who is powerful enough to raise the dead would be very useful to Morganthe, especially if she's trying to gain knowledge from the deceased. Her agents could find where Malistaire is very quickly (If you did the Spiral Geographic Warehouse quest, you might remember there being Shadow Weavers in Dragonspyre). That's how I see it, at least.

But I will agree with number 3. Malistaire's return does make him taste his own medicine, plus he already has a grudge against us.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:

its not a rage he is trying bring sylvia back to life it has nothing to do with vengeance

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
its not a rage he is trying bring sylvia back to life it has nothing to do with vengeance
rage has nothing to do with revenge, it has to do with anger. When I say a grief stricken rage, it has to do with his emotional state after the loss of somebody so close to him, that he is angry against the world and wants, at all costs, to bring her back. It's a normal step of the road of grieving of a loved one. Anybody, who lost somebody near and dear to them, understands this

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
These are interesting, theories, but I don't think Morganthe had anything to do with Sylvia's death. And I'm pretty sure Malistaire wouldn't try to kill the one he holds so dear. Morganthe may have been expelled before the events of Sylvia and Malistaire.

Keep in mind, what Malistaire tried to do spread like wildfire. In Pirate101, we find out in the MooShu Skyways that the attack on the Emporer already reached the most outer parts of MooShu. And I'm sure the Wizards in Wizard City are shaken up by that, plus they have connections in Krokotopia, and Cool Ranch (theres a proffesor of smaller importance over there) and Harold Argleston has relatives all over the Spiral (Cool Ranch, Aquila (P101 again)). So the news would quickly spread. Don't you think news where someone is trying to bring back the dead would become viral?

I doubt Morganthe had any personal connections to Malistaire, unless Malistaire was Morganthe's Death Teacher back in the day. But the news would have spread to even her kingdom, and someone who is powerful enough to raise the dead would be very useful to Morganthe, especially if she's trying to gain knowledge from the deceased. Her agents could find where Malistaire is very quickly (If you did the Spiral Geographic Warehouse quest, you might remember there being Shadow Weavers in Dragonspyre). That's how I see it, at least.

But I will agree with number 3. Malistaire's return does make him taste his own medicine, plus he already has a grudge against us.
I'm sure he wouldn't do it, either... at least not intentionally, unless something happened that set him off.

In my fan-fic of horribleness, Sylvia ran away with Cyrus; then, as she lay dying, she told Malistaire that "their" daughter wasn't actually his, after which he flipped his lid and put her out of her misery himself (not immediately, but shortly thereafter). And what if Morganthe is that daughter, and she's out to avenge Sylvia? She's about the right age... Not saying that's exactly what I think may have happened, buuuuut anything is possible, y'know.

Or maybe Morganthe was a student, the Hermione Granger of necromancy. If she was so thirsty for knowledge, then it's possible that she stumbled upon something she shouldn't have and Mally called her out... and, as revenge, she did something awful to Sylvia. Again, not saying that's what happened, but... only KI knows.

I don't play Pirate, so I'm not familiar with that version of events. But speculating is fun (and so is dying of laughter at Dayerider's assessment of Morganthe (which, by the way, is 100% spot-on!)

-v.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
I prefer morganthe over malistaire I think that kingsisle should make a villain who wants to unleash forbidden evils upon the spiral resurrecting malistaire morganthe major bosses nightshade the oni the last bosses in pyramid of the sun krokosphynix and storm temple the major bosses of mb etc but more powerful and for a special treat for muted players muted players are turned evil temporarily and are given the gift of chat back(which merle took away) and if they prove they can be responsible for a few months then they possible go on probation then get parol and stuff and they get a chance to get it back completely and suddenly after completing a new world(which is huge) you get the chance to(drum roll) create your own home's basic design or modify existing ones and possibly each ten levels you get the chance to get one item of your choice(but if it is retired you have to wait either thirty or twenty levels depending on what item it is)

hmm? sound cool or what
Katie frost
secret agent of the spiral

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
For the last 2 story arcs there has only been one major villain per arc. Why not the next arc have more than one, like a group of villains. You know, mix up the story a bit.

~AngelCatDemonDog

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
AngelcatDemondog on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
For the last 2 story arcs there has only been one major villain per arc. Why not the next arc have more than one, like a group of villains. You know, mix up the story a bit.

~AngelCatDemonDog
Honestly, I really can't decide. I am guessing Morganthe because i would go crazy being stripped of my magic, and i am extremely curious so i probably would attempt to read forbidden knowledge-- BUT i am not so much of a brat to attempt to destroy the spiral.

I have an idea for the third major arch: There is a death student convicted of murder and is on the run. Your job is to hunt her down. In the third world though, after you fight and defeat her, you find out she did not murder that person, but was framed. A mighty group has risen- a member for each school, the young necromancer was going to become the next death master of the group. So since she backed out of the group, there is no death boss. The leader of the group is balance. And instead of having her look evil, she would look like a 12 year old girl, completely sweet looking, but insane from all the injustice she has seen in the world (just a thought) and wants to shatter the spiral, not rewrite it. (Or, find a completely original idea. not anything to do with the spiral, like, something as big but different)
The necromancer, not knowing what she was getting into, wanted to join the group to prove her strength. The group gave her a task, and finding it horrible- backed out. the group was out for revenge and murdered someone she loved and blamed it on her.

I thought that this mix up in the story would be cool. It may be a little bloody though depending how it is written.
~AngelcatDemondog

PS. on a post i read by one of the Wizard101 creators, Malistare nor Morganthe had anything to do with Sylvia's death, she simply died of a common cold. (cruel irony)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
has anyone seen that episode of dr who with "the house"?

maybe the third villain should be like that- an evil world. the whole third arc could be based on this one massive world where everything is controlled by the living world.
i think there is one of those in this comic pilot and huxley too.

seth lotussword lvl46

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I prefer Morganthe over Malistaire. As Malistaire became mad and used his powers of death to rise his dead Sylvia (that was so sweet!), Morganthe wished to learn. She wished to learn so much she tried magic that was too hard to control and nearly destroyed Wizard City in the means of it. She wanted to learn and be filled with knowledge and didn't care what it took. She trained in the three schools of light and the one school of dark, that some people know how to cast. These two I don't really see as villains, more like extravegent people who want something more than to take over the world.
Yes, I know Morganthe wishes to rewrite the spiral, but that didn't tie in to my favoritism

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
peanut pixie040 on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
me too! I mean, why did It always need to be death?!? they could of thrown in some balance or fire at least! think about it, almost all of the final bosses are death! death death death death death!!! just my opinion.

Brianna Lifegiver lvl 61
I think it's because of the effect. I mean, when you think of EVIL the first thing that pops into your mind is death or darkness.

-Jordan ThunderGlade Level: 92