Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Crafting Worth It?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Hey there cool kids!
So I'm a level 22 Fire/Life wizard and love this game a ton but I haven't dabbled at all with crafting. I was wondering if it was worth it or not. I don't buy crowns and only have in game gold to spend on stuff so if it's expensive to craft then that would be a deal breaker but if it's fun and worth it, I'd like to know. Since there's no way to abandon or delete a quest from your questbook, I was wanting to get the opinions of veteran players before looking into it.

Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sharpshade on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Hey there cool kids!
So I'm a level 22 Fire/Life wizard and love this game a ton but I haven't dabbled at all with crafting. I was wondering if it was worth it or not. I don't buy crowns and only have in game gold to spend on stuff so if it's expensive to craft then that would be a deal breaker but if it's fun and worth it, I'd like to know. Since there's no way to abandon or delete a quest from your questbook, I was wanting to get the opinions of veteran players before looking into it.

Crafting is the best way a non-crown player can get good gear at higher levels. All the ingredients, recipes and equipment are available with drops and gold only. Crowns won't help. Every player has the same chances and ability to craft. It's worth it once you get to higher levels, so it wouldn't hurt to hold on to those regents and possibly do some of the lower level quests as you get them. It will save the time later instead of going back to finish them all at once when you find something you really want to craft.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Hey there cool kids!

Crafting is totally worth it. You get some awesome gear and if you like decorating your home, you can do that with more options too

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
yes! It is In Mooshu i crafted my lvl 33 death gear and it did good for me until i reached in early lvl 40's...My wizard is now level 94...and still is wearing her lvl 74 Death Crafted Avalon robe. I have switched hats and shoes but the robe has better stats than gear in Bazaar since i dont buy crowns. It is very much worth it...crafted gear is a pain when it comes to certain reagants....my avalon crafted robe gives 12% all around resist, good health, life and myth critical block(since i am death) and good damage, etc. Level 94 robes in Bazaar dont even give any of those, not even global resist! So yes it is worth it

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
it is, you can even craft spells at one point,(working on savage paw) but it isn't really worth it until you get to the higher worlds(Avalon, Azteca) and get good crafting spells. I would recommend doing it.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Worth it! You get better gear, and sometimes, you can sell the stuff you have made at the Bazaar for more gold than you spent! It's very useful, and I try to buy every crafting spell I can get my hands on.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Absolutely worth it, especially of you aren't a crown user to get great gear, etc. I find it fun and usually only spend money on it for recipes as I harvest throughout game constantly when questing or helping, plus gardening harvests tend to keep bought reagents to a minimum.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Totally worth it! You can make great gear, as well as fun stuff for your houses.

The gear in Wintertusk is especially worth it, as well as some of the equipment you get from the druid in Avalon (Lwellyn? or something like that).

It also provides a great break from questing -- when you want to play Wizards but quests and battles seem tiresome, crafting can be great.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Hey there cool kids!

At the lower levels, crafting is virtually useless. You'd be much better off buying gear from the bazaar. However, as you go into Celestia and beyond, crafting allows you to get lots of useful gear, much better than anything you can get at the bazaar. I am a transcendent crafter, and crafted items have greatly helped me in battle.

Nicholas DeathWeaver, lvl 95

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Hey there cool kids!

Yes it is worth it.Its aloso funyou can craft all eqetmint,tesher cards and you can craft hosing items

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
YES!!!!!! Look at the gold it gives you it gives you a ton as you move on in the worlds. Well this is cool thing i did when i got to khyrisalis it gave me 10,00 gold when i did it i know its hard but just listen and do it scarlet rose level 95 ice

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Hey there cool kids!

Crafting is worth it for sure! You can craft spells, clothing, housing items, things that your plants like, you can craft pretty much everything except for plants.

Grace DreamRider 77

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Of course it is! It may be gold pricy and a ton of work but you can craft cards and there is so much gear there is to craft that their is gear personalized for you (ex. I am fire and myth so I crafted Firedreamer's gear by becoming a Grandmaster Artisan). It has worked wonders for me and I am on the road to Legendary Artisan so I can craft actual spell cards (ex. Brimstone Revenant)! Crown player or not, you will really benefit from it!

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Hey there cool kids!

Crafting worth it. The first gear set i crafted was the one from wintertusk. You can forge thise items in the hall of the winter, which is an amazing place.

When you hit level 60 use waterworks gear, then at level 76 switch to avalon crafted gear. In Azteca there will be new powerful recipes. Some of them need rare TC, but the items you can make absolutely worth your efforts.

As for Aquila recipes, i don't see the point, they are really bad compared to other gear sets, such like the ones you can get from Hades.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I am a lvl 88 death student
lvl 10 gardener
and a transcendent crafter

I've been gardening for weeks on end trying to get Amber for my Deer knight spell.
I got to Azteca about a month ago but spend most of my time in atlantea trying to get tc and reagents for the spell.
I think its pretty sad that my minion Mulduit has both Deer knight and Lord of night at lvl 75and I don't have the first piece of amber to craft the spell.

Up to Avalon I never could find enough reagents to craft gear that would benefit my lvl by the time I had everything I needed I found something better.
The quest items you have to make you don't get to keep them,sure you can make them over again but more reagents you have to find.
I have crafted a ring and robe that are ok from Avalon not great or anything

I play to relax and have fun camping out the bazaar and switching realms is not fun it boring !!!!!

Is crafting worth it?

For me its been a waste of time

Victoria Thunder

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Yes!!! Crafting is worth it. I wouldn't start crafting gear until at least Azteca though- that's when the stuff starts getting good IMO.

Good luck with your crafting endeavors

~Austin Shadowsword

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
It is worth it but you might also want to wait till after Zafaria because Wintertusk and Zafaria have the best places for farming reagents

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Two words,

Yes.
It.
Is.

Or was that three words?

-Noah

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Crafting is definately worth it.
Even if you have no need of the gear, then at least you need the crafting to get your full allotment of training points.
The guy in Celestia needs you to craft a tea set for a training poing. He offers a couple more afterm, that you can not access without the crafting one.

Completely worth it

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I don't really craft things that much, unless I need to craft something to complete a quest. But there are some things you can only get by crafting.