Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-8-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday and we're feelin' fine! Let's chat about something new, shall we?

This week, we launched our Spring Update to the Spiral. Today's question is: what's your favorite thing about the Spring update so far? Daily Assignments? The gear vault? New pets? We want to know! Please note: we have a few bits and bobbles that we're looking into improving for an upcoming update, but we're really excited to share it with you!

Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend to all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:

This week, we launched our Spring Update to the Spiral. Today's question is: what's your favorite thing about the Spring update so far? Daily Assignments? The gear vault? New pets? We want to know! Please note: we have a few bits and bobbles that we're looking into improving for an upcoming update, but we're really excited to share it with you!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Well, I really like having the Gear Vaults. They're one of W101's great additions yet! I would think there should be a Skeleton Key Vault to Wizards who want to store 'em.

There's also the enjoyment of more Skeleton Key bosses! I like seeing more added, & I'm very happy you made more like them, even though I was hoping there would be more than three. No matter. I hope next time you may add more than three Skeleton Key bosses!

Plus, I really like the new bosses' badges you earn by winning! I really would like to see badges added to all previous 7 Skeleton Key bosses that don't have them, to go with the bits & bobbles list. The 7 previous SK bosses' badges should go towards the Skeleton Key tab in the badges page.

There are a couple things to know... Omen Stribog, the new Gold Key boss, should have a unique pet, a little Winged Fox. There's hardly any new attack spells in their loot tables, like the ones in the Jewel Socketing update. Add in new attack spells to their loot tables. I'd like to see more made. & we should see more new wands with sockets made.

However, while I enjoy more SK bosses, there should be more SK chest rooms added, even Stone Key chest rooms. We all need to see more hidden rooms that give out more rewards.

& there's one other note, In'Zhizor, the Stone Key boss in Lower Zigazag, needs dialogue added. Among most SK bosses, he's the only SK boss that doesn't have dialogue when Wizards encounter & defeat him. I really think he should have dialogue added in the bits & bobbles list.

1 more thing, I really enjoy the bosses cheats having voiceovers! That really made duels more engaging! I must ask that there should be more like them! Heard it with Simon on Test, & now, with the new SK bosses, too! Hope there may be more, in the next world or to other bosses!

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
I'm very pleased with this update overall, but what I'm suuuuuper happy about is the huge increase in crafting slots! Thanks so much guys! No more waiting around to craft more stuff!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
The daily assignments are cool but the Gear Vault is my favorite update to the game. It's nice to be able to store my crown gear till I am ready to stitch it.

Now, if you created a Kennel for my pet collection I would be so grateful. And so would the other players who love to hatch.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
The most thing I love (people will disagree) is being able to get code wands, finally being able to put effort to get in the game with out the need for no longer existing magazines and one a year raffles. Everything else to me fits in to a well released update.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I would like the daily assignment things better if they did not crash the game when I do one with my first wizard. I like the clothing vault except that it requires more steps to use it then the bank and backpack. Wish it had a link to the bank and backpack so as to be able to transfer items between them more easily. I have not done the other new things accept to try the Polaris key boss in test realm and found it to hard to be soloed. I think making new bosses require a team to defeat takes the fun out of the game for those of us who find it hard to get teams together. Wish the game had a way of selecting a team boss fight or a solo boss fight. If there was a choice then people who had a team could fight the team boss and those who either did not have a team or who did not want to team could have a boss fight that would be easier and do able for most soloing players. Make it so that teams bosses difficulty was based on how many would be apart of the team.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Probably more crafting slots, that's what's been most useful so far, especially now that my magus life is outgrowing her red barn farm in a hurry. It takes a village (of crafters) to raise a celestian observatory

It's also nice that plants drop their likes, but it seems a bit much to have the items drop at both mature and elder harvest; and also that none of the many objects dropped by either Sword Fern or Sunion have ever been seen as "likes", even as the young to mature time for the latter is close to a week of Sundays

I guess I am happy for everyone who could not get litter or Gong of the Oni, because now they are dropping everywhere.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Professor Falmea on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:

the new bosses! 100% me and my friends did it and first try I got the all school boots and second try I got the robe for fire and a mount

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
I love the gear vault and the best thing about this update is that you can get retired wands like umbra blade from fishing. Elephant graveyard has become the biggest hotspot for fishing.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I like it all, I guess, especially the daily assignments.
My biggest issue with earning crowns was that it required I stop playing to do it.
Now I can play to earn crowns. More stuff like this would be awesome.

I also like how the exclusive wands are now fishable?

I'd like to see other previously exclusive items be obtainable ingame.

I think there has been a few pets and gear and other things...

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
So far the daily chore list is the most fun, needs a bit of fine tuning, like an exlixsir for fastforwarding to the next day selling for 3000 crowns. The new pets are okay, but should have higher pedigree like 75 for better chances of hatching higher pets skills. Would love to have a pet professor as my pet with skills like they have and abilities to withstand high hits.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I enjoy the new fish, but the addition that's obviously going to get the most long term mileage from me are the Daily Assignments. I like that we can now earn Arena Tickets without having to do PvP or Pet Derby. That would certainly be something I wouldn't mind seeing expanded as well, being able to earn tickets from other sources.

It doesn't take anything away from the people ranking up in either PvP or PD because you still have higher rank restrictions on some items, so there are still more options for people who are advancing in those disciplines. For people who maybe aren't adept in either of those fields, or just don't want to participate in them, it's a welcome addition to have another option to earn tickets to use towards purchasing some of the items available to them even if earning tickets doesn't get expanded any further outside of daily assignments.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I like that you can now earn arena tickets, even if you don't PvP, through the daily tasks. (Having tried PvP for the first [and very last] time yesterday, this is very much appreciated)

What I'm finding that I'm not that fond of is the cinematic cutscenes. I'm currently playing my Ice Wizardess through Krokotopia, and there are cut scenes for absolutely everything. So much so that it's almost giving me a migraine.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
This has been one of my favorite updates so far. Honestly, it helps people who haven't played for a long time come back and have things to do in the Spiral that actually keep their interest (particularly, daily quests).

Not everyone needs hard challenges. It's really nice to see something that's easy and fun to do. I do LOVE the gear vault! I was about to go through all my wizards again and get rid of crown gear that's been clogging up my bank for years. The gear vault really helps!

New key bosses are okay, but I do like that simple things are being put into the game for those that get tired of key bosses or challenging stuff that mentally drains you because of the grind.

THANKS !!!!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Love the update! I was wondering if the daily assignments will be more realistic with assignments and rewards. 500 gold can't buy a good treasure card. The current assignments are too easy, will they get harder? or perhaps make them based on the level of the wizard taking the assignment right from day 1?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
the new krokomummy pets. and the quetzal pets even though I can't get them

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Emma Storm on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
The daily assignments are cool but the Gear Vault is my favorite update to the game. It's nice to be able to store my crown gear till I am ready to stitch it.

Now, if you created a Kennel for my pet collection I would be so grateful. And so would the other players who love to hatch.
Good call on the Kennel! With the amount of pets a person gets trying to hatch something good, they add up. I'm up to my indoor and outdoor max of 50 in 2 of my castles for one of my wizards, and still have almost 30 pets in my backpack and another 10 or more in the bank. The rest of my wizards are getting close to that as well.

I suppose one of these days though I should just consider selling off the ones that I know I'll never find a use for again.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Halimeda on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
I like that you can now earn arena tickets, even if you don't PvP, through the daily tasks. (Having tried PvP for the first [and very last] time yesterday, this is very much appreciated)

What I'm finding that I'm not that fond of is the cinematic cutscenes. I'm currently playing my Ice Wizardess through Krokotopia, and there are cut scenes for absolutely everything. So much so that it's almost giving me a migraine.
I don't mind the addition of camera angles to old quests, 'cause after Polaris, they liked how it was made to give a more cinematic experience, like P101's quests do.

It may take some getting used to, but KingsIsle's work on revising them to add camera angles was worth it. Just give it time. You'll soon like it.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
1- Damage aura for life - thank you!
2- storage vault - this would be #1 if it held jewels (hint hint)
3- Key bosses - new content is always fun, or it will be when I get more stone and wood keys...

Overall it was a great update, kudos to everyone who helped.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
  • I the Life aura spell Devotion!
  • Khrulhu's shortened animation
  • Assignment of the Day

I do appreciate the Gear Vault's extra storage, but I wish it had been more seamlessly integrated into the current storage systems. With multiple wizards, it's cumbersome looking for items in backpack, bank, shared bank, attic and now gear vault.

Hero
May 07, 2015
sun girl1122 on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
the new bosses! 100% me and my friends did it and first try I got the all school boots and second try I got the robe for fire and a mount
and the retired wands being fish-able! I got one today! its called golden beak

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Circe Minerva on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
  • I the Life aura spell Devotion!
  • Khrulhu's shortened animation
  • Assignment of the Day

I do appreciate the Gear Vault's extra storage, but I wish it had been more seamlessly integrated into the current storage systems. With multiple wizards, it's cumbersome looking for items in backpack, bank, shared bank, attic and now gear vault.
I'm surprised at myself!~ I forgot to mention Khrulhu's shortened animation, probably because I'm only level 68.

That's definitely my favorite part of this update, since I only have one character and it's a Necromancer.

I had started on a Pyromancer, but decided against it. Best not to spread my attention too thin.

Gotta focus on finishing one play through before I start another, you know?

I've been looking forward to being able to use Khrulu (Cthulhu) for awhile.

Now, when I finally do get access to it, I'll have a new favorite spell

my current favorite is Scarecrow. Although Dr. Von's Monster is competing with that.

I use Wraith and Vampire most of all, and Poison and Skeletal Dragon when facing off against enemies that shield a lot.

I really wish "Lulu" and Scarecrow were 8 and 6 pips or something. These odd number spell costs kill me!

Wish they were all even numbers, but I know people wouldn't be down with that.

*sigh*

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone! We'll keep them in mind when we're planning for future updates. New topic coming your way shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea