Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

critical/ block broken.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
Today i was doing pvp i got land on 80% blocks. when my opponent critical as about 40%. how can you balance critical and blocks?

if someone has 80% blocks. can it still and with low blocks. Critical block system brokens.

dont believe me. i dare all of you to test critical blocks and critical hit too.

thank you

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
It is not "broken". The system was simply change. Block is now an independent value. So 80% block means you will block 80% of all criticals regardless of your opponent's critical rate. An opponent with 1% critical can still land on your 80% block if you are unlucky.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
They should revort back to the old system, when there was guarantee to block, and not so much brainless rng.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
SamuelSpirit on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
Today i was doing pvp i got land on 80% blocks. when my opponent critical as about 40%. how can you balance critical and blocks?

if someone has 80% blocks. can it still and with low blocks. Critical block system brokens.

dont believe me. i dare all of you to test critical blocks and critical hit too.

thank you
nerf the critical & critical block (so, give more player more chance to land a critical or blocking it) even 5% stun resist (not going resist stun spell all the time) least 5 out of 95% have a 5% chance getting stun resist? use stun resist got first stun and won't stun resist second time :) basic of luck!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
AngelBlade69 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
They should revort back to the old system, when there was guarantee to block, and not so much brainless rng.
like new critical & new critical block (now more chance more better block gear :) higher worlds because least going good astral spell for new astral teacher) won't say it because it a secret

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Yes, the critical blocking system has changed; but not necessarily for the better. Its hard to argue all the merits and benefits any new system brings to anyone impacted by changes in a negative way.

A person who has played Wizard 101 since beta told me a very funny story:

He told me he once met a manure farmer trying to sell different grades and qualities of manure. But no matter how much the farmer attempted to box up and package the better grade and quality of manure, everyone still bought the lowest priced manure. Frustrated, the farmer asked his farm hand why this was. And the farm hand replied, no matter how much you dress it up, everyone knows its all still just a bunch of manure,

What was common before this change:
  • Individuals with higher critical percentages would critical more often against those with a lower block percentage; with their opponents receiving more damage.
  • Individuals with higher blocking percentages wouldn't see or receive a greater number of critical attacks landing, without receiving more damage.
Regardless of what your actual critical or blocking percentages are; here's what is common after the change:

• Individuals with higher critical percentages now hit noticeably less; with their attacks being blocked more often.
  • Individuals with higher blocking percentages now notice more critical attacks getting through.
So, sure all of you who feel the change to the critical blocking system is better; will keep on believing and arguing this; while the rest of will still see you're just selling more manure; no matter how much you attempt to dress it up!

Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
The system has change, and test. my friend who has 44% critical landed on 75% blocks.

so its base on lucks. thank you for reply.

wish we could change system critical/blocks?

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
they should get rid of it. its not a horrible system at max but anywhere below it is the most rng stuff in the game. critical was mistake and so were shadow spells when are they going to see that there is only about 10 matches going at once compared to what it was. people are leaving and i am very close even after going hard for a few years.