Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Botanical Gardens 'Rewards'

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Let me say first that I love free things. Especially when they are useful. However, many of the Gardening Treasure Cards we receive when we sun, water or pollinate the Giant Scary Plant inside of our Botanical Garden are, well, useless. They are copies of the spells most of us have already acquired through leveling up. For example, spells that give sun, water etc. to one plant. Or a medium area. I don't get the point of these Treasure Cards. They use the same energy as the spells that are already in our spellbooks. I'm not ungrateful, and this is really not a complaint, just an observation on something that doesn't make much sense to me. I guess they would be useful to some lower level gardeners who hadn't acquired these spells yet, but that's about it. Can someone explain or set me straight on this? I'd suggest that these 'rewards' be replaced with items that are actually of use. Other than that I think the Botanical Garden is perfect and the best idea KI has had in a while. Thanks, and have fun!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't have the house so I haven't seen the TC given. The only gardening TC I have seen in the game either cover everything inside or outside, even though they look like a single plant spell and cost the same as a large area spell, or they are large area bug prevention spells.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Oh it gives those also, but it also gives the ones I described. I just think it's kind of weird. Why bother giving useless Treasure Cards? It also gives seeds, non gardening TC, reagents and snacks. Once again, I'm not complaining. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm dense. Oh and the big plant is called the Aberrant Carnivorous Plant. Maybe the Aberrant part is giving useless Gardening TC.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
And btw Seethe, you should have stopped at 'I don't have the house'. I do have the house. I purchased it shortly after it was offered. FYI here's part of my current inventory of useless Gardening Treasure Cards. 3 Warming Rays, 2 Streaming Sunlight, 4 Worker Bee, 2 Bee Team, 7 Mist, 2 Shower. I won't take up any more bandwidth listing the many other Gardening TC I've received that duplicate spells that are already in my Gardening deck. There are many. Btw, the Wizard I bought this castle for is a Verdant Gardener with every available Gardening spell in it's deck. There are also Zounds Bees, Flood and other actual useful TC. I wouldn't have bothered with this post except it kind of sounded like just because you didn't have first hand knowledge of the topic you thought I was lying. If I've misinterpreted your meaning, I apologize.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
valdushawkflame on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
And btw Seethe, you should have stopped at 'I don't have the house'. I do have the house. I purchased it shortly after it was offered. FYI here's part of my current inventory of useless Gardening Treasure Cards. 3 Warming Rays, 2 Streaming Sunlight, 4 Worker Bee, 2 Bee Team, 7 Mist, 2 Shower. I won't take up any more bandwidth listing the many other Gardening TC I've received that duplicate spells that are already in my Gardening deck. There are many. Btw, the Wizard I bought this castle for is a Verdant Gardener with every available Gardening spell in it's deck. There are also Zounds Bees, Flood and other actual useful TC. I wouldn't have bothered with this post except it kind of sounded like just because you didn't have first hand knowledge of the topic you thought I was lying. If I've misinterpreted your meaning, I apologize.
No I didn't think you were lying, it's just that Mist is the only regular low level gardening spell that is readily available in TC form. Also the only one listed in the gardening TC lists on the wiki, so I honestly didn't know all those others existed. The only gardening spells normally available in the game are the one's in Moolinda's pack, which are the good ones.