Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster; Spell List and Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Okay, these questions are mainly aimed at the professors but if anyone else can say for certain it would be appreciated. Hopefully this will receive a concrete answer so we can stop asking.

1. Currently, how many spells(permanent) is the Loremaster capable of dropping? I know that Krampus was added during the holidays making it 14(the 12 craft-ables + Krampus and Loremaster). However, I have also heard that the Red Ghost and Snowball Strike spells were added during the holidays too.

2. Is there some kind of formula or explanation(or percentage) to the rate she drops the permanent spells and who gets what spell?I've been trying repeatedly to get Deer Knight on my death mage(like many others) with no idea if I'll ever get it because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and which spells are dropped. So far the closet thing to a pattern I've seen is that spells seem to be dropped in pairs, I.E. I got Handsome Fomori on my death mage and Catalan about an hour later, this also occurred with the other spells I got, Goat Monk followed by Loremaster, and Lord of Night followed by Winter Moon(though more time inbetween spells for 2nd and 3rd pairs still, fairly close). So, is there anyway that you can explain this to me?

Edit: just adding a few parentheses comments

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RaiTaebeck on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Okay, these questions are mainly aimed at the professors but if anyone else can say for certain it would be appreciated. Hopefully this will receive a concrete answer so we can stop asking.

1. Currently, how many spells(permanent) is the Loremaster capable of dropping? I know that Krampus was added during the holidays making it 14(the 12 craft-ables + Krampus and Loremaster). However, I have also heard that the Red Ghost and Snowball Strike spells were added during the holidays too.

2. Is there some kind of formula or explanation(or percentage) to the rate she drops the permanent spells and who gets what spell?I've been trying repeatedly to get Deer Knight on my death mage(like many others) with no idea if I'll ever get it because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and which spells are dropped. So far the closet thing to a pattern I've seen is that spells seem to be dropped in pairs, I.E. I got Handsome Fomori on my death mage and Catalan about an hour later, this also occurred with the other spells I got, Goat Monk followed by Loremaster, and Lord of Night followed by Winter Moon(though more time inbetween spells for 2nd and 3rd pairs still, fairly close). So, is there anyway that you can explain this to me?

There is no such thing as a drop rate. All drops are random; permanent spells extremely rare.

Your other info is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

All spells are listed here

Drop rate is random.

Mary

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I've heard a few rumours about it. Is it true? Have the odds finally pointed in our favour ?

Adam Ravenglade

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
RavenLady777 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
There is no such thing as a drop rate. All drops are random; permanent spells extremely rare.

Your other info is here:

So their way of giving out loot is completely random, and yet the permanents are rare, if they really are random you would have just as much chance of getting the permanents as the others and it is likely you would be seeing more people getting spells, correct? Logically speaking, there has to be some method of how the system determines what loot you get, whether it is a list of all the possible options and it gives you a random number of those items from the list, or whether each item has a percent of being dropped, or something entirely different. Otherwise you would be able to get any item, TC, reagent, spell, from any fight. The same thing that determines what the creature is allowed to give on defeat would also set what items each player gets. There has to be some type of formula or rule that they set when programming the game.

As for the link, I know that is what I've used but the rumors about those other two holiday spells have been fairly consistent and I was hoping to get them confirmed or denied by a Professor(like Professor Lydia Greyrose). Which I did state at the beginning of my previous post.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
but what are the odds of getting a pernament spell from the loremaster? 1/14? 1/100? 1/1000? 1/6?

please respond in a fraction like form

Administrator
We do not release information about the probability of getting an item as a reward from a duel. You may get the item you want on the first try, you may get the item you want on the ten thousandth try. Each duel has exactly the same chance of getting the item, it's not cumulative.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 07, 2012
There's no rate, it's completely random, and extremely rare. You should be very grateful for the spells you have already received so far, some wizards couldn't even manage to get one. (I sound like a mom telling her kid to be happy with what he has already... o_o)

~ Vanessa

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
ok here is the best answer i think you'll get ?/? aka something/something its extremely random

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
We do not release information about the probability of getting an item as a reward from a duel. You may get the item you want on the first try, you may get the item you want on the ten thousandth try. Each duel has exactly the same chance of getting the item, it's not cumulative.
Alright then, thanks Professor. But what about whether or not the other two holiday spells were added?

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
thx a lot greyrose! so its random and not a fraction

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
Dear people of wizard101,
I am having a very hard time with farming lore master.
I have been doing lore master for almost a month and still did not get any spells yet.
Am i doing something wrong
All i want is lore master spell so that i can start my journey into warlord.
So if you got anything you can reply then pls send a post.
Thank you.

From,
Andrew Ghostheart level 95
P.S still love wizard101 and if you wanna add me let me know

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
poliwhirl555 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
thx a lot greyrose! so its random and not a fraction
Actually, her last line is that each duel has the exact same chance, so there are fixed values, they just don't want to tell us what they are, and out of respect from their decision I won't ask and I would discourage anyone from trying to find them out by other means.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

Hmm..out of curiosity, I'm going to record how many spells I receive with the amount of duels. If Professor Grayrose would prefer for me not to post the end result here, I will not. But if she does allow me, it might be useful for other players farming the loremaster.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009

I remember when the drop rates were more frequent, and now it does seem to be rather harder to receive them. I too have been farming for 1 week trait at LoreMaster and yet to receive deer knight for my death. I have tried every tactic and I enter alone so I know no one else is receiving a drop. It is rather frustrating and I wish KI would change the drop rate again.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
I'll have to agree with most of you. I have been doing the loremaster since I ever got to dragonspyre, and the only thing I have been getting is loremaster drop spell tc and decks and equipment. I felt upset.

Richard Giantcaller (Lvl 86 sorcerer)

Survivor
Oct 14, 2013
balance master on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I'll have to agree with most of you. I have been doing the loremaster since I ever got to dragonspyre, and the only thing I have been getting is loremaster drop spell tc and decks and equipment. I felt upset.

Richard Giantcaller (Lvl 86 sorcerer)
I can understand you being upset. It is ridiculous that what amounts to a novelty spell should be so hard. My higher spells are much more powerful. Its not like you are getting some great prize. I have farmed for hours and hours, over 100 battles. And the Amber you need to craft the spells is entirely too hard to farm. I just wanted it to complete my school spells. Alas I have come to the point where I just don't care. The spells are weak and not worth the effort needed to acquire them.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
bennyhigh on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
I can understand you being upset. It is ridiculous that what amounts to a novelty spell should be so hard. My higher spells are much more powerful. Its not like you are getting some great prize. I have farmed for hours and hours, over 100 battles. And the Amber you need to craft the spells is entirely too hard to farm. I just wanted it to complete my school spells. Alas I have come to the point where I just don't care. The spells are weak and not worth the effort needed to acquire them.
Yes, I feel the same way.

These spells are really Mooshu-level spells, in terms of their power. (Yes, the graphics for them come from several worlds, but the power-level is about that of Mooshu.) Yet the boss who gives them is in Dragonspyre, and is very, very stingy with her drops. And to craft the spells, you need to have access to Zafaria, and be a legendary crafter. But by the time you have made it to Zafaria, you need harder-hitting spells than these to make much progress.

This really does not make much sense to me. Why make it so difficult to get these spells? And why make the spells be so much weaker than the level needed to acquire them?

Why not make them at least craftable in Dragonspyre, at the same level where the dungeon is? Why not make the difficulty and level needed to get the spells be appropriate to the level of power where the spells are actually useful?

Yes, they are novelty spells, and rare spells, and meant to be a reward only for those who really make the effort to get them -- I get that.

But it would be nice if the reward were both a little more realistically obtainable, and also obtainable at a level of character where they are really useful and appropriate.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
I'm farmed loremaster and I only got 2 spells from her but didn't want these spells

I got ninja pigs spell and lord of night. I want loremaster spell only

Kymma lvl 21

PS:
Please give loremaster pretty please if not okay

Survivor
May 02, 2014
I need loremaster spell right now or I'm quitting if you don't change the drop rate you will lose 1,000,000 people on this game.

Kymma lvl 24

Survivor
Sep 08, 2013
I actually have a concern about loremaster drops, though:
If one manages to defeat the loremaster and learn a new spell, does it matter what school you are?
Like e.g. If I'm using a Account then I can only get luminous weaver or goat monk?
If so that might be bad!

Main Wizard: Hunter ShadowRunner, Level 41

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
just try crafting them. i bought the deer knight recipe and i finished it is less than a week. and if you have a hard time getting amber, farm cronus for it (the secret boss in tartarus) its easy for him to drop amber most of the time. so you should see if crafting is your thing.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
Blaze Deathward on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
just try crafting them. i bought the deer knight recipe and i finished it is less than a week. and if you have a hard time getting amber, farm cronus for it (the secret boss in tartarus) its easy for him to drop amber most of the time. so you should see if crafting is your thing.
What if you are lvl 34 how will you be able to craft it?

I don't want to do main quest at all and I just want loremaster spell.

Kymma lvl 34

PS:
Loremaster is the best spell in the game and I'm not going to craft tc version of it till after I get the normal spell.

And I'm trying to stay as a low lvl balance wizard.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Hunter ShadowBlade on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I actually have a concern about loremaster drops, though:
If one manages to defeat the loremaster and learn a new spell, does it matter what school you are?
Like e.g. If I'm using a Account then I can only get luminous weaver or goat monk?
If so that might be bad!

Main Wizard: Hunter ShadowRunner, Level 41
Anybody can get any spell no matter what wiz they are on. (In fact it seems much more likely that you won't get a spell that matches your school for awhile.)

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I feel the same way.

These spells are really Mooshu-level spells, in terms of their power. (Yes, the graphics for them come from several worlds, but the power-level is about that of Mooshu.) Yet the boss who gives them is in Dragonspyre, and is very, very stingy with her drops. And to craft the spells, you need to have access to Zafaria, and be a legendary crafter. But by the time you have made it to Zafaria, you need harder-hitting spells than these to make much progress.

This really does not make much sense to me. Why make it so difficult to get these spells? And why make the spells be so much weaker than the level needed to acquire them?

Why not make them at least craftable in Dragonspyre, at the same level where the dungeon is? Why not make the difficulty and level needed to get the spells be appropriate to the level of power where the spells are actually useful?

Yes, they are novelty spells, and rare spells, and meant to be a reward only for those who really make the effort to get them -- I get that.

But it would be nice if the reward were both a little more realistically obtainable, and also obtainable at a level of character where they are really useful and appropriate.
Some of them can still retain their usefulness at higher levels but, other than that I agree with you 100%.