Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster; Spell List and Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
rowanrainrider on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
For those that are curious, I've kept a tally on how many times it would take to get deer knight on my death wizard and loremaster on my balance wizard. I also kept note of when I would get a spell and what the spell was.

Death- 30 fights (fomori), 70 fights (catalan), 90 fights (samoorai), 226 fights (weaver), 300 fights (brimstone), 380 fights (loremaster), 730 fights (deer knight).

Balance- 397 fights ((deer knight (yes, it took 397 fights before my balance got her first spell)), 418 fights (weaver), 508 fights (savage paw), 550 fights (keeper), 633 fights (goat monk), 718 fights (winter moon), 765 fights (lord of night), 863 fights (samoorai), 1,118 fights (fomori), 1,364 fights (ninja pigs), 1,375 fights (LORE MASTER) finally.

During this process, I used a promo storm alongside my death and balance. My storm fought her 2,105 currently and has all of the loremaster spells.
According to Rowanrainrider. i believe the drop rate for a spell.
is from 1:40-1:130
but since KI doesnt want to share, i dont know if i am right.

which means, if you have battled 130 times. by then you should expect to have gotten 1 spell.
but that does not mean you would have one. just that you should of gotten one.
you still may never ever ever get it. which is just too bad.

a question i have though, is once you learn say 5 spells. are you less likely to learn the other 9 spells? meaning if you battle. and you win. and the game drops a spell, the spell being one you already have. do you just not get it? or does it correct itself and change into one you do not?

so far i started farming the Loremaster this morning, and i battled 26 times today. my storm learnt catalan on my 17th battle this morning. i know i got lucky in not only learning a spell early. but getting the storm spell too.
for which i am very fortunate
My balance did not learn any spells through 26 battles yet..
i will also keep track of my battles to spells ratio and update for anyone who cares about my 2 cents.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
We do not release information about the probability of getting an item as a reward from a duel. You may get the item you want on the first try, you may get the item you want on the ten thousandth try. Each duel has exactly the same chance of getting the item, it's not cumulative.
is the lore master hard to beat?

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
genral 50 on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
On your own, given her minions' crippling effects, yes. With others, she's actually pretty easy.

As it turns out, she is a VERY popular "Team Up!" opponent. I can pretty much expect 4v4 every time I go in, no matter how late.

I haven't yet gotten any spell drops from her. On the other hand, I just learned about spell drops today!

Seth DeathBreath, lvl56

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Sneezypants05 on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
On your own, given her minions' crippling effects, yes. With others, she's actually pretty easy.

As it turns out, she is a VERY popular "Team Up!" opponent. I can pretty much expect 4v4 every time I go in, no matter how late.

I haven't yet gotten any spell drops from her. On the other hand, I just learned about spell drops today!

Seth DeathBreath, lvl56
OK, I've pretty much given up on getting even one spell.

Every once in a while my son logs in to my character and mines a few rounds. I may take a break from the main storyline after finishing Celestia and do some more (stock up on healing TC), but besides that, I'm not terribly interested. I was hoping to at least learn Winter Moon or Fomori, so I could have a buffable, 5-pip alternative to my Colossus.

Seth Deathbreath lvl61

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
Since I recently was reading this thread and all of it's posts, I would like to add my input that I think would definitely prove interesting.

Recently I decided to start farming the loremaster ((By that I mean this morning))...

And, on my second try EVER, I got Deer Knight ((Much to the dismay of my death brother, who is thirty levels above me and tried for weeks))

Twenty minutes of battling. Two battles. One of the best spells.
It's possible :)

Survivor
Jan 07, 2015
poliwhirl555 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
but what are the odds of getting a pernament spell from the loremaster? 1/14? 1/100? 1/1000? 1/6?

please respond in a fraction like form
Its Not "The Odds" Its Just A Random Drop You Probably Get Every Few Days.Its Not Luck Its Like Picking A Name Out of A Basket. Its Randomly Chosen And Randomly When . I Really Hope This Works -Ellie LegendBreeze

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I think everyone here is forgetting that upping the drop rate would
not make kingsisle any more money, so there's no reason to do so.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Chase Legendcaster on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
I think everyone here is forgetting that upping the drop rate would
not make kingsisle any more money, so there's no reason to do so.
Good point. I'd also like to mention that the Loremaster instance is great for practice. Sure, you might get a spell out of it but you're almost guaranteed to get some decent sellable goods and TCs as well as some gold. It affords an opportunity to hone your skills against a primarily defensively oriented group of enemies. Dealing with the weaknesses, traps and heals is frustrating but it's also a learning process.
I farmed the Loremaster a few times every day with my Balance wizard for a period of about 6 months. In that time I managed to get every spell she drops. All 14. There are only a few I use on a regular basis (depending on which Mastery amulet I choose to wear) but it's nice to just have the others. During that time I can't imagine how much gold I accumulated from gear sales but I can bet it was into the millions.
I agree that it's not likely KI will up the drop rate and frankly there's no reason they should. I would however like to see them add some new, unique spells to her drop list. It would be a reason for me and others like me to re-visit her for the chance at something new.

Survivor
May 28, 2015
I honestly don't appreciate the drop rate or w/e on Lremaster, especially after having to deal with that annoying Font of Weakness. It is because of that THING, that I feel there should be an actually drop rate on her... I mean every mob in the game has weakness and it traumatizes me to endure all those plagues, weaknesses, etc, just to have the smallest chance in the name of all mmo's I've played, to gain a spell that's not even on par with spells further down the road. I don't even see her for the spells anymore. I just see her as free gold since I spent 4 days farming her and gained around 200,000 gold (probably a little less) in gear and treasure cards. Matter of fact. The gears not even that good for just an average wizard. I'm sorry I had to vent that a little but in all seriousness. At least add a real drop rate that's not too ridiculous, but atleast to a point where people won't become depressed after spending months out of their paid membership dedicated to farming loremaster.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
valdushawkflame on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
I've yet to get a spell from the Loremaster after 20 fights, so I can safely say the drop rate at the moment is zero percent.
20 fights is nothing for loremaster

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
FinnAgainWindrider on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I feel the same way.

These spells are really Mooshu-level spells, in terms of their power. (Yes, the graphics for them come from several worlds, but the power-level is about that of Mooshu.) Yet the boss who gives them is in Dragonspyre, and is very, very stingy with her drops. And to craft the spells, you need to have access to Zafaria, and be a legendary crafter. But by the time you have made it to Zafaria, you need harder-hitting spells than these to make much progress.

This really does not make much sense to me. Why make it so difficult to get these spells? And why make the spells be so much weaker than the level needed to acquire them?

Why not make them at least craftable in Dragonspyre, at the same level where the dungeon is? Why not make the difficulty and level needed to get the spells be appropriate to the level of power where the spells are actually useful?

Yes, they are novelty spells, and rare spells, and meant to be a reward only for those who really make the effort to get them -- I get that.

But it would be nice if the reward were both a little more realistically obtainable, and also obtainable at a level of character where they are really useful and appropriate.
Several of these spells are mostly useful in PvP. The dynamics of PvP combat are different from questing, high pip spells are less favored bacause they are easier to shield against, while multi effect spells that do damage AND something else useful are highly favored. For questing, your time is probably better spent farming for waterworks or tower of the helephant gear than messing around with the loremaster. The one really useful questing spell loremaster gives is ninja pigs, almost required for myth, but its much easier to get from Koto than the Loremaster.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2011
i have been farming loremaster for a week and have fought her at least 400 times in the past 3 days. I haven't gotten any spell drops nor have i ever at all. I was wondering if i am doing something wrong or what because the people i am with, most of the time get a spell drop.

I don't know if i am doing something wrong or i am just the most unlucky farmer in the game.

I am Tyler thunder flame lvl 87

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Yes I noticed whenever I got a spell it almost always was followed up with another one a couple tries later. I currently have 5 loremaster spells (Goat Monk, Luminous weaver, Loremaster, Samoorai, and Catalan In that order) within maybe 4-6 months and I got Loremaster two games later, and when I got Catalan I got it five games after Samoorai. I don't appreciate though that i'm getting all the other school spells when, in my opinion, it should drop school spells first, or at least not last because it seems to for everyone.
Still trying to get Brimstone and Krampus though.

Wolf ThunderFlame lvl 80 / Combo

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
RaiTaebeck on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Okay, these questions are mainly aimed at the professors but if anyone else can say for certain it would be appreciated. Hopefully this will receive a concrete answer so we can stop asking.

1. Currently, how many spells(permanent) is the Loremaster capable of dropping? I know that Krampus was added during the holidays making it 14(the 12 craft-ables + Krampus and Loremaster). However, I have also heard that the Red Ghost and Snowball Strike spells were added during the holidays too.

2. Is there some kind of formula or explanation(or percentage) to the rate she drops the permanent spells and who gets what spell?I've been trying repeatedly to get Deer Knight on my death mage(like many others) with no idea if I'll ever get it because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and which spells are dropped. So far the closet thing to a pattern I've seen is that spells seem to be dropped in pairs, I.E. I got Handsome Fomori on my death mage and Catalan about an hour later, this also occurred with the other spells I got, Goat Monk followed by Loremaster, and Lord of Night followed by Winter Moon(though more time inbetween spells for 2nd and 3rd pairs still, fairly close). So, is there anyway that you can explain this to me?

Edit: just adding a few parentheses comments
if you have those spells consider yourself lucky .I have tried nine times and got two wands and boots and robes including using the chest seven times

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
Have been farming for 5 days still not one single spell

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Beebopbeebee on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Have been farming for 5 days still not one single spell
i've farmed for longer and not had any spells but maybe you'll get lucky.these spells are really hard to get but well worth it.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
genral 50 on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
loremaster has 7,000 health while her three minions have 1,400

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Other than deer night none are good enough

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
There has to be a drop rate of some sort. There is no such thing as a "random" drop. When you are dealing with game programming there has to be a set chance. This chance could be 1/10,000 or 1/10, but no matter what, someone has to put some numbers in the computer. There is no such thing as random in game programming. I can also say from experience, as well as other users, that some items tend to be dropped more often then others. EVERYONE EXPERIENCES THIS. For example, whenever someone does the final Morganthe battle, they always say that while farming they get more of the Morganthe decks then the amulets. Now if only a couple people experienced this, then I could believe there is no set drop rate for any items because majority rules. Problem is, that is not the case. Not only does this prove that there is a drop rate, but it proves that some items have higher or lower drop rates then others. You said that there is no drop rate and that the drops are random. You also said that you could get it on the first try or the ten-thousandth try. You were not lying about the second part, but you were being extremely sneaky with your wording. Yes, it is true that odds don't matter, but there are odds, don't care if they matter or not, and you can't deny that. So if you just don't want to reveal the drop rates to keep users hopelessly farming for endless hours, then just tell us. BTW I love the game. STORM RULES

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Ah, the memories; seeing all of these posts about farming for a minute, day, week, month or longer in the pursuit of Loremaster spell drops.

Some folks obtain spell drops the first time they battle Loremaster; while others feel like its taking forever without any success (OMG; we've been here like 15 minutes, and if I don't get a spell soon, I'm going to stomp my feet, and hold my breath, until I pass out! Yup, we've all been there, right!?!

I remember when I first saw the deer knight spell, and I thought, that's so cool, how do I get that spell; so I starting farming for it...

...and one minute quickly turned into a day, then a week, followed by a month, that blossomed into a three year journey of spell drops, and collecting regents to craft all the spells Loremaster wouldn't share with me.

While you might not spend three or more years farming any boss for what you seek; you can farm Loremaster every now and again; and along the way you'll eventually get all the spells you want, not to mention all the require tc to craft the spells Loremaster won't share with you.

Here's to everyone obtaining all the spells they want; or something better!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I got a spell on the first try, even though it was not the spell I necessarily wanted...

Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
I have been farming lore master for three days now and I have yet to get a single day, I am not for sure if its a glitch or not, I was in a dungeon of three and the other too got a spell and I didn't and I felt left out.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Loremaster () is the only one that can attack out of her whisps. 1. The weekness 2. The healer 3. The Trapper. Now, the main goal first is getting the whisps out. They cover you with traps, plagues, and infections. When you get those out, you'll kill the lore master. Now, the spells:
: Loremaster, the card, Savage Paw. : Winter Moon, Handsome Formori. : Lord of Night, Deer Knight
: Krampus, Brimstone Revenant. :Keeper of the Flame, Ninja Pigs. : Luminous Weaver, Goat Monk. : Catalan.

KatieLifeSword. Isabella WaterRiver. Nicole ShadowWhisper

Survivor
May 24, 2015
RavenLady777 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
There is no such thing as a drop rate. All drops are random; permanent spells extremely rare.

Your other info is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster
lol all games that drop items have a drop rate or drop percentage. like other people said in this thread, if there wasnt a drop rate there would be just the same amount of chance for permanent spells. usually permanent spells and ulra-rare itmes have a drop rate of about 5% or less, whereas a treasure card or common item has a drop rate of 60% or over. same goes for other games as well.