Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Orthrus card help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
I'm a myth level 48 wizard and cyrus drake told me I needed to defeat ranulf moonclaw to get orthrus collar. I have fought him 5 times or so and it says I still have to fight him. IS THIS A GLITCH? I have fought beside other people that are not myth in this dungeon so is that the problem? do I have to fight him alone?

If your having the same problem please say so and thanks

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
naturerocks123 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
I'm a myth level 48 wizard and cyrus drake told me I needed to defeat ranulf moonclaw to get orthrus collar. I have fought him 5 times or so and it says I still have to fight him. IS THIS A GLITCH? I have fought beside other people that are not myth in this dungeon so is that the problem? do I have to fight him alone?

If you really did fight him and defeat him, you should have automatically gotten the collar from him, and you quest should be telling you to go back to Cyrus Drake and talk to him now.

Open your Quest Log File and look at the quest again ("First Time Collar"). Click on the Information Bubble in that quest box (it is a "Question Mark" in the upper left corner of your quest box). This will tell you everything that you have done on that quest, and what you still need to do.

And one other thought, since the Labyrinth where you find him is a dungeon, if you leave there for more that 30 minutes, or if you start working on another quest, you will lose any progress you made. Maybe this has something to do with you losing credit.

As soon as you defeat him, and you get the collar, teleport to the Basilica or to your dorm/home, and then go directly to see Cyrus Drake in Ravenwood. That should be the end of your quest.

If this doesn't help, then you might want to send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you get moving along on this quest (in case there is a bug or glitch with it). Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and the name of the character who is having this problem. (Never give out your password.)

Good Luck. And enjoy Orthrus when you get it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
naturerocks123 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:

It sure sounds like a huge glitch to me. You should have been able to move on after defeating him the first time. It doesn't matter if you have help, as long as he's defeated. I would contact support right away; they can give you 'credit' for this quest.