Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Failure 9 in a row

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Someone needs to explain to me how my Pyromancer can have 9 fire spells in a row fail and 7 of them were level 1 spells [the fire cat]. That simply makes no sense whatsoever. I realize the percentage is 75% which also makes little sense when it is his home school but so be it.

Does this happen alot?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sherlockiama on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Someone needs to explain to me how my Pyromancer can have 9 fire spells in a row fail and 7 of them were level 1 spells [the fire cat]. That simply makes no sense whatsoever. I realize the percentage is 75% which also makes little sense when it is his home school but so be it.

Does this happen alot?
The percentages are for each time you cast a spell. In other words, you have a 35% chance of fizzling each time you cast. So yes, it's possible. It's horrible, but possible.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Sherlockiama on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:

Does this happen alot?
Yes, this scenario is pretty normal~ Fire is one of the hardest-hitting and most fizzle-prone schools in the game (second only to Storm); my baby pyro (she's level 17 now) still fizzles a lot, too, though I have yet to experience 9 consecutive ones.

A few questions for you:

1. What level are you? (to determine what gear is available to you)
2. What gear are you currently wearing? (does it boost accuracy?)

If you can let us know this info, we can further assist you!

Cheers,
-veebz

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Go buy a lottery ticket ASAP.

I have never had 3 fail in a row. I think the probability is artificially adjusted so 3 in a row is either highly unlikely or impossible. Unless you cast a non-offensive spell in which case the artificial adjustment is reset. Regardless, if you alternated between offensive and other spells and got 9 offensive spell failures in a row that is a huge feat of improbability. Congrats.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Ive had 3 fizzle in a row in the past but not very often do i have even one now with high accuracy.

It is a possibility to have multiple in a row but if you had more than 4-5 with no accuracy debuffs on you i would definatley be sending a ticket.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Dr Von on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
Yes, this scenario is pretty normal~ Fire is one of the hardest-hitting and most fizzle-prone schools in the game (second only to Storm); my baby pyro (she's level 17 now) still fizzles a lot, too, though I have yet to experience 9 consecutive ones.

A few questions for you:

1. What level are you? (to determine what gear is available to you)
2. What gear are you currently wearing? (does it boost accuracy?)

If you can let us know this info, we can further assist you!

Cheers,
-veebz
I do realize that it is on each casting but it still seems rather improbable if not ridiculous [no offense intended].

I will provide more information when i get home.

Level is in the teens.
No accuracy gear, i figured survival gear would be better than the small increase in accuracy that most gear I have seen provides.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Ambrose stated one time before that the games algorythm changes after each fizzle so i would think after anything more than 5 or 6 fizzles there is a problem. Its not impossible though i guess because there is always that chance.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
This will happen if you have spells with low % on it so try using a spell that Boost the cards % maybe that will help