Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where Could New Worlds be Themed?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
The worlds so far:

WC (No theme/General magic), KT (Ancient Egypt), MB (Victorian England), MS (Feudal Japan), DS (Volcano/Russia [with the names]), GH (Viking Scandinavia)/WT (Viking Greenland/Iceland), WS (Venice/General magic), CL (Atlantis/Polynesia [Water Moles and Rapa Nui]), ZF (African Savannah [With some Australian accents?]), AV (Arthurian Legend/Britain), AZ (Mesoamerica [Maya/Aztec]), AQ (Ancient Rome/Greece), KH (Insects/Darkness) & lastly PL (Napoleonic France).

Then the all but confirmed Mirage seems centred around Ancient Arabia/Mesopotamia. So the question lies in this: where's left? Well let's go by continents:

NORTH AMERICA hasn't even been touched upon. I'd say at least 2 new worlds could be themed on here; an Inuit/Eskimo world (probably not in this arc though, we've already had Polaris) & a Native American world. The first would be very similar to Polaris and as such might not be the best idea; but the second could be the home-world of new Sorceress Jaki Whisperwind, as well a spiritual theme with animals native to North America like buffalo. A fun take on this would be you have to protect the natives of this world from the evil Cool Ranch invaders.

MIDDLE AMERICA was almost entirely covered in Azteca, although the Caribbean could be a fun island paradise side world where Polarians and Zafarians host you while you solve some form of problem.

SOUTH AMERICA is a little strange. It hasn't been explored at all and yet anything it has seems to have been done by a different world. Of course there could be an Inca mountain world, or a modern festive Rio-themed world. Of course the Amazon should be featured quite heavily in either and the second would likely be better as a side world.

AFRICA has been widely portrayed in Zafaria and Krokotopia, and honestly I can't think of anything else there to cover. If you think there is then be sure to leave a reply on whatever it is.

ARABIA/INDIA are both not quite parts of Asia so I'll put them together. Arabia, as mentioned, is most likely the topic of Mirage; but India has never been covered. One word, one world; Rajah. Mentioned in Pirate 101 by Kzinti Singh, this is presumably an Indian/Sri Lankan tiger world. Quite frankly, I love the idea.

INDONESIA and the nearby areas haven't been built on either. I think they could make an interesting storyline but as there are many islands I think a world like this would be better suited to pirates than wizards.

OCEANIA has already been vaguely suggested in Celestia's Floating Land and some of Zafaria's NPCs, but the strongest hint towards a world like this is Zander; everybody's favourite lovable Life koala. A world set here could involve Tanzania's wildlife, Australia's outback and even the many reefs and ocean around it. This would be a wonderful world to explore.

Then there's Europe and Asia, but I'll get to them later. Until then, leave your own thoughts and ideas and I'll add to this soon.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on May 31, 2016 wrote:
The worlds so far:

WC (No theme/General magic), KT (Ancient Egypt), MB (Victorian England), MS (Feudal Japan), DS (Volcano/Russia [with the names]), GH (Viking Scandinavia)/WT (Viking Greenland/Iceland), WS (Venice/General magic), CL (Atlantis/Polynesia [Water Moles and Rapa Nui]), ZF (African Savannah [With some Australian accents?]), AV (Arthurian Legend/Britain), AZ (Mesoamerica [Maya/Aztec]), AQ (Ancient Rome/Greece), KH (Insects/Darkness) & lastly PL (Napoleonic France).

Then the all but confirmed Mirage seems centred around Ancient Arabia/Mesopotamia. So the question lies in this: where's left? Well let's go by continents:

NORTH AMERICA hasn't even been touched upon. I'd say at least 2 new worlds could be themed on here; an Inuit/Eskimo world (probably not in this arc though, we've already had Polaris) & a Native American world. The first would be very similar to Polaris and as such might not be the best idea; but the second could be the home-world of new Sorceress Jaki Whisperwind, as well a spiritual theme with animals native to North America like buffalo. A fun take on this would be you have to protect the natives of this world from the evil Cool Ranch invaders.

MIDDLE AMERICA was almost entirely covered in Azteca, although the Caribbean could be a fun island paradise side world where Polarians and Zafarians host you while you solve some form of problem.

SOUTH AMERICA is a little strange. It hasn't been explored at all and yet anything it has seems to have been done by a different world. Of course there could be an Inca mountain world, or a modern festive Rio-themed world. Of course the Amazon should be featured quite heavily in either and the second would likely be better as a side world.

AFRICA has been widely portrayed in Zafaria and Krokotopia, and honestly I can't think of anything else there to cover. If you think there is then be sure to leave a reply on whatever it is.

ARABIA/INDIA are both not quite parts of Asia so I'll put them together. Arabia, as mentioned, is most likely the topic of Mirage; but India has never been covered. One word, one world; Rajah. Mentioned in Pirate 101 by Kzinti Singh, this is presumably an Indian/Sri Lankan tiger world. Quite frankly, I love the idea.

INDONESIA and the nearby areas haven't been built on either. I think they could make an interesting storyline but as there are many islands I think a world like this would be better suited to pirates than wizards.

OCEANIA has already been vaguely suggested in Celestia's Floating Land and some of Zafaria's NPCs, but the strongest hint towards a world like this is Zander; everybody's favourite lovable Life koala. A world set here could involve Tanzania's wildlife, Australia's outback and even the many reefs and ocean around it. This would be a wonderful world to explore.

Then there's Europe and Asia, but I'll get to them later. Until then, leave your own thoughts and ideas and I'll add to this soon.
North America hasn't been touched on? Well there is Cool Ranch in p101.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 1, 2016 wrote:

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
I think this is referring to Wizard101.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 1, 2016 wrote:

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
Well, yes, but I'm trying to think of worlds that haven't been made or mentioned so far. Since I'm here, let's cover the other two:

EUROPE has been covered many times. Avalon and Marleybone have almost fully covered England and Britain, and Aquila covered Greece & (somewhat) Roman Italy. Along with he French Polaris and Scandinavian GH/WT, that's about it on W101 about Europe (although some think Wysteria is based on somewhere in Europe). BUT P101 has Monquista (Spanish Monkey Conquistadors), so Spain/Portugal could always be covered by bringing them to W101. Of course though, these aren't the only, or strictly most famous, European countries. I'm certain many of you think about Germany right after you think about Europe. So what time period? The Goths. Visigoths and Ostrogoths were an almost tribal people living all across Europe but mostly in areas close to Germany. They were powerful adversaries in war, as Rome and Byzantine discovered when the Goths attacked them multiple times; being largely responsible for the fall of Rome. A fun idea would be to have new anthropomorphic animals (animals native to Germany/Austria) fight against the Aquilan Empire.

Alternatively there could be a whole new world and creatures themed on Italy. The famous volcanoes like Pompeii, the Floating City of Venice, the cultural capital of Rome and - of course - the vast empire. Each area could host a different people group with different views on the empire, but your goal could be to tear down the empire (*cough* Polaris *cough*) or to fight off invaders and rebellions. So, Germany and Italy.

I don't even have enough room for Asia yet.

EDIT: Also, this Italian world? What if Valencia is such an empire? Just a thought...

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on May 31, 2016 wrote:
The worlds so far:

I don't think we need a north America, Polaris has Captain Jock Coosto who is Canadian and we have Cool Ranch that is themed around the old west,

I think we have some good north American related things in the spiral already,

I do not however think a more modern themed world would be a good idea though

No more modern then Marleybone unless you want a world that is based on the future!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
How about a "Martian" themed world based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars books.

Survivor
May 02, 2016
Honestly, I think they should go for something other than countries. It sounds a bit weird, but maybe they could do a world that's got more of a space/moon vibe. They could even introduce more moon magic spells to go with it.

Amber SeaFlame

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Greece hasn't been covered. Aquila and Wysteria are half-worlds.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Fable Finder on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
They have Aquila as a world in p101 already

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
*deep breath* Time for...

ASIA is huge. Japan was widely covered in Mooshu, so there's not much else there to build a world on. Russia is the biggest country in Asia and the world, is obviously open to a new world. GH/WT & Polaris featured on the Western Russian cold a fair bit, and a cold forest would likely just be an unimaginative continuation of the GH storyline. Dragonspyre had some Russian names, so I'd personally love to see a world themed on Dragonspyre escapees who invested in dark magic which horrifically affected the wildlife (*cough* Chernobyl *cough*) and you need to clear up the dark magic (likely ) to save the Dragonspyrian refugees. Then we have Arabia covered (probably) with Mirage, and India (maybe?) with Rajah. What does that leave? To start off:

TRANSCAUCASIA. Places like Turkey, Armenia & Azerbaijan have no single people group or culture to theme a world on, but a world could be based on uniting these groups or something along those lines. But honestly, there's not much reason to make a world here.

THE STANS. Seven countries have the suffix -stan, but as this derives from Persian and again the people here are too different to link into one world, it'd be rather difficult and pointless to squash these people into one world.

SOUTHEAST ASIA. Countries like Laos, Myanmar and Thailand could almost certainly host their own world. Angkor Wat in Cambodia in particular hosts a unique culture and I'd like to see it explored.

HIMALAYAS. The Himoolayas and Kembaalung opened an interesting half-side-world that could be expanded into fairly easily. I'd also really like Bhutan & Nepal to be covered if this world were to come into play. The spiritual theme is interesting too.

KOREA. This peninsula could (again) be rather easily expanded into. However a Southeastern Asian world would be very similar, so the both likely shouldn't be explored, rather one or the other.

CHINA... I'm out of room again. The next post should be the last (probably not).

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Fable Finder on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
I think Aquila has enough to it in which they will not release a new world based on Greece. To me, it would be an unoriginal idea, already previously installed in the game.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
Here are several of my ideas I don't have names for all

Earlier England (no name): it would be similar to Avalon, only no magic. It would be like Feudal Europe. Also, the main inhabitants could be royal cats, and this could also foreshadow how eventually the dogs overthrew the cats and took over, thus creating Marleybone, where cats are nothing but bums and burglars. So, in this world the peasants would be dogs.

A sky world (Empyrea possibly): ruled by birds (eagles, falcons, etc.), made of golden cities on clouds. The enemies could be giant bats. Gear would be shiny and covered jewels and donned with wings.

Wizardopolis: A modernesque city, whose inhabitants were unaware magic existed until attack by dark forces. Basically, your task would be to teach the citizens of magic so they can fight back.

Planet X: takes place in a futuristic world covered in giant skyscrapers. Gear would be like futuristic battle suits, wands would be energy swords, enemies are invading aliens.

Primordia: you travel back in time to the creation of the spiral, so you travel through the first world, while it is still forming, so there is earthquakes, lava, dark oceans. Enemies would be whoever first inhabited the spiral, and your goal would essentially be to prevent all bad things in the spiral by stopping the first being that caused them.