Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Addressing 250% Heal Boost

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Emily Jade, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1874. Her stats: 598 Block, 56% Universal Resist. 16% Damage, 95% Power Pip chance. Oh, and most importantly, 81% Incoming and 100% Outgoing . Her Fairies do upwards of 1300 without Sanctuary.

Alex Legendwalker, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1250. ~460 Block. 68% Universal Resist, with 82% and 109% Resist. 78% Incoming , 84% Outgoing .

Corwin Lotusmancer, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1878. Similar stats.

And many, many more.

What do these people have in common? They are all Jade Angels. The 'Angel' strategy is sadly a new vogue among high-level wizards, making PVP even less fun than it already is(nt). These players do nothing except Guardian Spirit, Dispel, shield, and heal spam until you run out of reshuffles. When a Satyr heals for ~4200+ under Sanctuary, a 50% Infection really isn't much help at all. Doom is somewhat useful, but only if you're going first, and since you can't pack more Dooms in your main deck (unless you're Death) than your opponent's Sanctuaries, it's not going to change much. Besides which, where are you supposed to find the space for 5 Dooms and 5 Infections anyway? That TC side deck will quickly run out vs 40+ heals in Main deck and Max Reshuffles in side deck! Even if you could somehow do that, who has time for 5+ hour matches? Defeating a wizard over and over and over, who spams insane heals constantly, is not fun at all! Not to mention that even if you somehow do manage to defeat them in spite of all that healing, they will come back under Guardian with ~3000+ , with all of the weaknesses and traps that you placed on them removed!

Guardian Spirit is such an incredibly broken spell, and needs to be GONE from PVP. Period. Bad Juju is another one, but that's a separate subject!

KI, please do something to address this problem, and not a Band-Aid fix. Us non-death wizards need better heal suppression or PVP will be filled with nothing but these types of players! I'm scared to even PVP now because I know might face yet another 'Angel'!

Adrian
PVP Leaderboard

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
You want this removed so you can continue with your mana burn, supernova, lore master, availing hands and gaze of fate in PvP while other schools just bend to your will. As much as I hate those type of matches I will still advocate those strategies remaining in PvP. It gives the Life school alternatives other than luminous weaver, satyr and hungry caterpillar. Same can be said for Jade Juju. It doesn't make sense to bring equilibrium to one school whilst turning a blind eye to another. I recently had a match with a jade juju and believe me I wasn't even prepared. With my dimension shift, minions and reshuffles I managed to delay the match for a further 2 hours until I remembered that I only packed one reshuffle. In fact the wizard in question is now my friend. Every school has a weakness. The school in question that literally poses a significant danger, or more specifically, the strategy mentioned.

In short, all I see is a balance wizard crying because things aren't going his way. Instead of ranting here, in the hopes of seeing your wish realised. Try accommodating space in your deck to deal with these types of strategies. As much as our mutual feelings are with these types of strategies, those schools need something to deal with Balance, Fire and Ice, at the expense of the other schools.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Exabytes on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Emily Jade, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1874. Her stats: 598 Block, 56% Universal Resist. 16% Damage, 95% Power Pip chance. Oh, and most importantly, 81% Incoming and 100% Outgoing . Her Fairies do upwards of 1300 without Sanctuary.

Alex Legendwalker, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1250. ~460 Block. 68% Universal Resist, with 82% and 109% Resist. 78% Incoming , 84% Outgoing .

Corwin Lotusmancer, Level 110 . PVP Rank: 1878. Similar stats.

And many, many more.

What do these people have in common? They are all Jade Angels. The 'Angel' strategy is sadly a new vogue among high-level wizards, making PVP even less fun than it already is(nt). These players do nothing except Guardian Spirit, Dispel, shield, and heal spam until you run out of reshuffles. When a Satyr heals for ~4200+ under Sanctuary, a 50% Infection really isn't much help at all. Doom is somewhat useful, but only if you're going first, and since you can't pack more Dooms in your main deck (unless you're Death) than your opponent's Sanctuaries, it's not going to change much. Besides which, where are you supposed to find the space for 5 Dooms and 5 Infections anyway? That TC side deck will quickly run out vs 40+ heals in Main deck and Max Reshuffles in side deck! Even if you could somehow do that, who has time for 5+ hour matches? Defeating a wizard over and over and over, who spams insane heals constantly, is not fun at all! Not to mention that even if you somehow do manage to defeat them in spite of all that healing, they will come back under Guardian with ~3000+ , with all of the weaknesses and traps that you placed on them removed!

Guardian Spirit is such an incredibly broken spell, and needs to be GONE from PVP. Period. Bad Juju is another one, but that's a separate subject!

KI, please do something to address this problem, and not a Band-Aid fix. Us non-death wizards need better heal suppression or PVP will be filled with nothing but these types of players! I'm scared to even PVP now because I know might face yet another 'Angel'!

Adrian
PVP Leaderboard
the goal here is to try and take them out in one go. but it requires a lot of setting up.

before you start, check your gear and get your armour piercing as high as it will go, without sacrificing your other stats.

1) wallpaper your opponent with (elucidated) unbalances (so that your opponent can't use weakness, unbalance, or reshuffle~ they'll lose pips trying to get rid of them, ergo they can't heal as efficiently, and they probably won't have enough cleanse to keep them off).

2) carry more than one reshuffle~ unless your opponent has a mastery amulet, s/he will be hard-pressed to keep pace with you.

3) stack as many traps as is possible; trained/tc feints, hexes, etc. and pack clease charm (since juju can't be spammed at 3 pips and they are limited as to how many they can have in their deck):

4) once they run out of juju, blade to holy heck (as long as they're not packing a myth mastery somewhere; if they're jade, they can't do any real damage). keep shields to a minimum too, since the other person probably can't hurt you.

5) shrike, infallible, shatter, hit~ between shrike, infallible, and your pierce from gear, you can easily cut through their immunity.

6) bask in the glory of your awesomeness.

(don't mind me; i don't pvp, so i'm just tossing ideas around)

-von