Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-15-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week by already? Time sure does fly when you're having fun. And let's have more fun!

Today, let's talk about those precious items you hold in your hands. Casting wands, staves (yes that’s the plural of staffs), swords, musical instruments and more are all used to cast spells. What other items would you like to use to cast spells?

Hope the rest of your Friday is fantastic, and your weekend wonderful!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Magical gloves similar to the damage enhancing sun spells like strong, monstrous, gargantuan, colossal, etc.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
More musical instruments. Let's see some electric guitar rocking out hits.
Bongo Drums with some quake action.
Big wooden matchstick, you drag it on the ground running forward to light it then throw it at enemy for .
Venus Flytrap in a pot for ... walk forward and have it grow and chomp down on enemy's head.
will think of more later

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I'd like to see just our hands, like gloves or gauntlets. Wielding and conjuring magic with just your bare hands. Built in power to scare all your foes!

Another thing I think would be interesting is a fishing rod wand that gives fishing stats maybe. It'll also look nice as you're.. "casting" spells

Alexander Lionheart 100

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
My favorite so far are the wands that look like a Bow & Arrow.
I also love it when my pet casts their spell.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2011
Axes, Shields, Make more one handed swords that look really cool

Survivor
Nov 04, 2011
Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
I would like to have gloves with really cool effects (such as making mist when casting spell), a single card that floats and turns into seven cards (as if your deck is in front of you), power rings and fairy friend that fly around you and form into the spell. I think those would be awesome!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I had an idea for maybe a future chapter, where the goal of the chapter was to find in the different new worlds special pages for a magic book of spells. You need to have all the pages of the Book of the Guardians of he light in order to defeat the main villain which has a powerful book of shadows. The book is like the deck of cards except it can been seen in world and it can hold more spells. During a battle the book floats and the spells come out of it. It can float either infront of the wizard or it appears in the center of the battle circle. The book can also sense or inform of magic. When you defeat the boss of a world you get pages in the book. They will let the wizard know of the magic they can learn from the next world. The pages can also contain some small but cool spells that the wizards can use that relate to the world the pages came from. Like pages from khrsallis will give you the bee attack spell. Basically its more informative than the deck of cards and can increase in power unlike wands that don't . I think its a cool idea if its possible.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
I know we already have amulets but what about bracelets or necklaces? Watches that cast a time spell of some sort?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Chains with a school emblem trinket on them that wrap around the hand like prayer beads except a chain. Life trinket for the life version, Fire for fire version and so on. Have the trinket shake and glow when you cast a spell.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
Like you guys said I think it would be so cool if u had musical instruments like the saxophone trumpet or even the flute

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm pretty sure you've asked this question before, and I only came up with two new ideas since then answers have not changed. My original suggestions were a crystal ball and a cauldron. I think the animations for the cauldron would be carrying it on a handle, and putting it down when you stop. For casting the wizard would reach into his/her robe, pull out a flask, and drop it in.

My new ideas are a lantern, and a flaming torch.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I would love to see an update to hands as wand casting. It looks sort of cool now, but an update that makes that look useful or being able to stitch items to hands would be cool.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
How about a magic orb? It could sort of look the the Khrysalis Orbs maybe? Just a thought

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I would like to see a fishing pole, pipe wrench, or a coffee cup.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
Hmm maybe a MICROPHONE XD or a stuffed animal :) and some cotton candy would be appreciated. :D And finally, a Heart floating like the grimoire in the SCB :)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Electric guitars! Definitely! I play the guitar and it would be so cool to cast spells with them! And they can be designed to specific schools like flames for fire school, a skull for death school, lighting for storm, etc.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
maybe the next wand equipment item should be a magical bracelet so it looks like you are using regular hands because the hand animation is cool but no wand makes you weak

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I'd love to see a mace, a whip and possibly fist weapon wands. I wanna smash my foes with a heavy mace fit for power. I'd love to have a whip to "stun" my enemies with. I'd also love to give some khrysalis bugs a good nice ol punch in the antennas! I'd also like to see some mystical items like orbs, grimoires (I want more of them in the game besides the spiral cup gauntlet one) and some paint brushes/pens/pencils. I wanna see some flails too, just like the first boss in the final dungeon of celestia! or even a replica of an bosses/npc's weapon to stitch with (meaning the replica will have no stats and it's only purpose is to look cool).

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana Jones whips. Or schools holding there school symbol...

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
A shovel like the ghoul attack animation uses
An umbrella
A fan (mooshu!)
A scroll--normally carried rolled, but in the spellcast animation you open it up and read from it
A torch

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
I would love to see a way you could an animal as your wand sort of like taylor Coleridge I would love a Turtle for a wand

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
We should be able to use our voice to sing or yell out spells.