Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life School Spell to Global Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I think Life school Spells should be global.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I don't think you know what global spells are.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
A global islike earthquake or metoer strike.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Gametck on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
A global islike earthquake or metoer strike.
Lol Global spells are spells like Wildfire and Doom and Gloom that affect both yourself and your enemy. MULTIS are what you are describing lol and I do agree Life and Death need at least one more learnable multi spell (yes I know Death has the Deer Knight but what I'm saying is a learnable multi, one that you go on a quest for). The reason I say this is look at all the other schools: they all have 3 multis while Life is stuck with one and Death is stuck with one + a craftable one (that takes forever to get).

I am well aware of the roles Life and Death play, but before I get replies saying 'life is a support school' let me point out that Balance is a support school by default (which means it changes based on a player's play style) and yet they still have Sandstorm, Ra, and Supernova (I don't remember if it's Supernova or Nova). As for Death, we Necromancers are diverse with our play strategies. We can be team or solo players, and lets be honest Scarecrow can only do so much (and like I said above Deer Knight is tough to get). I don't understand why all the other schools have 3 normal multis and yet Life and Death don't.

(Normal Multi: Blizzard, Meteor, Sandstorm, any multi that hits directly towards all enemies. Avenging Fossil is not a normal multi for it only hits one target directly and adds a tick to the rest, which disappoints me.)

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Lol Global spells are spells like Wildfire and Doom and Gloom that affect both yourself and your enemy. MULTIS are what you are describing lol and I do agree Life and Death need at least one more learnable multi spell (yes I know Death has the Deer Knight but what I'm saying is a learnable multi, one that you go on a quest for). The reason I say this is look at all the other schools: they all have 3 multis while Life is stuck with one and Death is stuck with one + a craftable one (that takes forever to get).

I am well aware of the roles Life and Death play, but before I get replies saying 'life is a support school' let me point out that Balance is a support school by default (which means it changes based on a player's play style) and yet they still have Sandstorm, Ra, and Supernova (I don't remember if it's Supernova or Nova). As for Death, we Necromancers are diverse with our play strategies. We can be team or solo players, and lets be honest Scarecrow can only do so much (and like I said above Deer Knight is tough to get). I don't understand why all the other schools have 3 normal multis and yet Life and Death don't.

(Normal Multi: Blizzard, Meteor, Sandstorm, any multi that hits directly towards all enemies. Avenging Fossil is not a normal multi for it only hits one target directly and adds a tick to the rest, which disappoints me.)

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
Myth needs an all enemy attack more than life or death does. It may have two, but they are both much lower damage. It has also been 53 levels since myth has gotten an all enemy spell..really, Kingsisle? Just..just..really?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
Totally agree. I bought a Smogger's Sand Choker just so I have an all-target spell. The other schools get all-target spells at much lower levels, why not us necromancers?
Also on the topic of global spells (the proper definition this time), I think all schools should have two, a basic damage booster and a support one. Myth, Ice, Storm, and Fire get damage boosts, Balance gets power play which is sorta useful but can come back to bite you, Life gets sanctuary which is OK because enemies don't heal as much as players (I'm a level 38 just starting Mooshu so I can't speak for higher worlds), but all Death gets is stinky doom and gloom, which just thwarts healing. It's probably only useful in PVP. Us Necromancers deserve better.

Kane WildThief, level 38
"Gladiator Dimachaerus is UP."

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Myth needs an all enemy attack more than life or death does. It may have two, but they are both much lower damage. It has also been 53 levels since myth has gotten an all enemy spell..really, Kingsisle? Just..just..really?
Myth has, as you just stated, 2 multis that you learn whereas Life and Death only have one (with Death having a craftable one). In my opinion I think, if anything, Life deserves another multi. Yes, I know they have multi heals but almost every school has their own way of healing so why shouldn't life have a second damage multi? I think, if Kingsisle wanted to steer away from giving Life too many damage spells, they should of switched Spiny and Avenging Fossil, making Spiny Death and Avenging Fossil Life since AF doesn't deal much damage but is still considered a multi.

Also, don't forget you have more minions that can also perform Humongofrog and Earthquake, and Earthquake removes everything from everyone so that is lethal if used correctly.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Nightblood1995 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Myth has, as you just stated, 2 multis that you learn whereas Life and Death only have one (with Death having a craftable one). In my opinion I think, if anything, Life deserves another multi. Yes, I know they have multi heals but almost every school has their own way of healing so why shouldn't life have a second damage multi? I think, if Kingsisle wanted to steer away from giving Life too many damage spells, they should of switched Spiny and Avenging Fossil, making Spiny Death and Avenging Fossil Life since AF doesn't deal much damage but is still considered a multi.

Also, don't forget you have more minions that can also perform Humongofrog and Earthquake, and Earthquake removes everything from everyone so that is lethal if used correctly.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85
Sure, humongofrog and earthquake can be useful, but any school can easily perform them. Also, if you are simply going for damage in team matches, myth is absolutely horrible for this. It simply has such weak all enemy spells that it cannot hope to do half-decent damage. In questing, myth has the hardest time of any school blading up an attack to kill enemies. Myth has also not gotten a pvp minion since talos, and double hit spells, which it was previously known for, have not been given since orthrus. Kingsisle seems to have not really decided on what to make myth. Medusa and basilisk were stuns. Earthquake, shatter, and king artorius were utility. Basilisk and king artorius were DoTs. Orthrus and minotaur were double hit spells. Celestial calendar seemed kind of out of the theme of the school. Kingsisle needs to stick with a theme for myth, instead of just giving it random spells that are only useful in fighting single enemies.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Sure, humongofrog and earthquake can be useful, but any school can easily perform them. Also, if you are simply going for damage in team matches, myth is absolutely horrible for this. It simply has such weak all enemy spells that it cannot hope to do half-decent damage. In questing, myth has the hardest time of any school blading up an attack to kill enemies. Myth has also not gotten a pvp minion since talos, and double hit spells, which it was previously known for, have not been given since orthrus. Kingsisle seems to have not really decided on what to make myth. Medusa and basilisk were stuns. Earthquake, shatter, and king artorius were utility. Basilisk and king artorius were DoTs. Orthrus and minotaur were double hit spells. Celestial calendar seemed kind of out of the theme of the school. Kingsisle needs to stick with a theme for myth, instead of just giving it random spells that are only useful in fighting single enemies.
Lol I see your point, though the last part about fighting single enemies is what Myth is good at (since it was meant to be the primary solo school of the game, which is why Myth has all those minions as well).

But I'm not trying to compare the power of multis lol sorry if I misled you there. What I was trying to get at was the fact that Life has 1 damage multi, Death has 1 drain and 1 idk what you would call multi (Avenging Fossil) and 1 lower multi that you have to craft or get lucky with. Fire has 3, Ice has 3, Storm has 3, Balance has 3, Myth has 2. So yes I can agree Myth needs another Multi to even things out, and Death kind of has 3 Multis (though I won't see Avenging Fossil as an effective multi, except to one shot kill a boss and weaken his minions) while Life has been stuck at only 1 Multi. Lol I'm not counting Rebirth or any of it's heal-all-allies spells as a Multi because that's only useful in a group really, and I understand Life is support and all but a little balance in the Multi field would be nice to see.

Lol yes Humongofrog and Quake and be used by any school, but any school outside Myth can't use them to their full potential (just like all the other Multis). Lol Myth is famous for the double hits (as you stated), and if you're having difficulties blading up to kill all enemies utilize the many minions the Myth school is also highly noted for . But yes, I agree Myth needs a little more attention as well (though Kingsisle might of leaned away from Myth because there's not too many Conjurors out there anymore)

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85