Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Dorothy Gale spells the Private's name wrong on one of her quests, I can't remember which though.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Quest "An Honest Umbra?", in Zurellia's fifth dialogue box, I'm pretty sure that "discretely" should be "discreetly".

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
In the quest "...Is Hard to Find" in Kishibe Village, Mooshu, The second dialogue box does not match what is being said.

Text:

"You have been to battle. Perhaps you can convince him that serving as a shrine guardian is the best way to serve His Most Benevolent Majesty, the Emperor."

What is being said:

"You have been to battle. Perhaps you can convince him that serving as a shrine guardian is the best way to serve The Most Benevolent Majesty, the Emperor."

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Today I was wandering along, defeating the Coven, saving the Spiral, the usual, when I spotted a spelling error.
Mord Runechanter's name was incorrectly spelled in his Boss form, in Ravenscar, in his little hideout: it was spelled "Mord Runchanter," missing the 'e'. This is only his Boss form, and nothing else.
Just wanted to point it out! You guys at KI make an awesome game.

-Jared DuskBreeze, Master Theurgist

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I don't have an error to report but I would like to offer a hearty congratulations!
As a retired journalist, when I read anything I automatically proofread. Sorry, I can't help it. That being said, grammatical errors and misspellings are on my list of hot buttons so it is refreshing to see a company that is concerned with accuracy. And for KI to be so concerned as to ask their consumers to report them is even more praiseworthy.
Thumbs up KI.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
In Savarstaad Pass, Skellek shows as Shellek on the map screen mouse over.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this since its in the KIFreeGames trivia rather than inside Wizard101, but one of the questions in Early American History is "Which two ammendments make up the Reconstruction Acts of 1867 and give African Americans additional freedoms?" Ammendments should be amendments.

~Emma Dreamweaver 86

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
When you turn level 50 Diego asks you to come to understand astral spells and critical etc. When he starts talking about sun school spells you have a fire cat and an accuracy card and the description for the fire cat is
" 105- "Fist"" There is a - right after the 105 is this mistake or intended?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
In Tree of Life, after the Death Oni is defeated there is a chest you can throw crowns in for additional boss drops. The text on the dialog box says, "Death Oni's Chest, Press X to talk" it should say "Press X to open."

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
In the wizard name selection at the start of the game, the 'angel' prefix for last names is spelled 'angle', as in the angle of a triangle.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
The item "Spear of Cold Truth" is lit up yellow like I can use it, but I'm level 95, and it's level 96+.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Haley MoonHeart on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
The item "Spear of Cold Truth" is lit up yellow like I can use it, but I'm level 95, and it's level 96+.
This post is for grammar mistakes ^^ You should post this in Halston's laboratory.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In the quest "Taking Names" the yellow script under the quest finder arrow says:

"Defeat Mord Runchanter in Ravenscar"

Note the missing "e" -

Should read:

"Defeat Mord RunEchanter in Ravenscar"

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
In the quest "Taking Names" the yellow script under the quest finder arrow says:

"Defeat Mord Runchanter in Ravenscar"

Note the missing "e" -

Should read:

"Defeat Mord RunEchanter in Ravenscar"
I think it should be Mord RuneChanter. Sounds better, and if I remember correctly, that's what they say.

Edit: Also, Echanter means nothing.

Defender
May 02, 2010
In Zafaria inside Zamunda, Impi Raiders should be Impi Raider.

Defender
May 02, 2010
In Black Sun Pyramid Lower Chamber, the mystic says Metzi Burning Water is a Necromancer, when she is actually a Diviner.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
In the very first session of Diego's combat training, he teaches you about Charms.

Diego: "Do you see? Your Ice Beetle has triggered the Ice Charm. Now the Ice Beetle is more powerfull."

Should be "powerful."

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
When you fight Mord Runechanter in Ravenscar, his name is spelled Mord Runchanter.

Survivor
May 09, 2014
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
I remember one glitch in Krokotopia that you have to get this chest but it never appears at all and it's still there but I don't care about it because i'm at Avalon with no glitches.( Don't need to reply )

Ryan lionshield lvl 72 almost 73

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I know of one of these characters that could require use of your red correcting pen, Professor Drake...

Watson's dialogue line in Katzenstein's Lab during the quest, "The Right Combination", in Marleybone, vocally says "We haven't got the right combination to enter this place. And no time to dally.", however, the text in his dialogue line currently incorrectly says, "We haven't the right combination to enter this place. And no time to dally.".

Please correct that, Professor Drake. My kind thanks for it. Keep up with that red correcting pen of yours!

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
If this wasn't already posted, in the last part of the Spiral Cup Gauntlet, Bendonna Crisp says the same thing twice, but the text dialogue says something different.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
In Krokotopia, in The Oasis, Eloise sells the Pharaoh's Fez. But the spelling on her list shows Pharoah's . Needs correction?

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
In the first tower in Sunken City the Wailing Wraiths' dialogue says the correct term Sisters, let's teach this wizard a lesson they won't soon forget. But the text says Sister, let's teach this wizard a lesson they won't soon forget.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
I have been noticing that everywhere in the game and in game-related sites (even in this forum) the word chrysalis is spelled with a "k." It is frankly getting annoying, and the fact that this misspelling causes me to have to think about the word before spelling it is getting too blatant to ignore. Could you please fix this massive error?

Thanks,
psythedude

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
thepiratefan on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I have been noticing that everywhere in the game and in game-related sites (even in this forum) the word chrysalis is spelled with a "k." It is frankly getting annoying, and the fact that this misspelling causes me to have to think about the word before spelling it is getting too blatant to ignore. Could you please fix this massive error?

Thanks,
psythedude
Kingsisle meant this to be spelled with a K. If you are the only one spelling it one way there is probably a reason.