Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
Cyrus Drake: "The space outside of Dragon's Mouth Cave should be room enough, and it's fairly quite in the Court this time of year."

Quiet, not quite.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
when i type in 1 or 2 it says it is wrong so i can't realy say anything awsome to them

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
stormkraker on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle,

I am sure by now you are aware of this problem, however just in case you are not.
When making the names for the wizards, You have one of the middle name choices as "angle".
From the context of this game, I am sure that you meant "angel"
Since "angle" refers to a the degree at the point at where two lines from different intervals.
and " angel" refers to a heavenly embodiment,
I am sure that you meant to have the name of the wizards with the latter.
I am also sure that 90 percent of the wizards playing this game don't know about the mistake. I think it is kind of cute & funny seeing a wizard with the name "Mary Angledust" or " Isabella Angleeyes"
I don't even think it is possible to change it, since there are hundreds of thousand with the name.
I just wanted to bring it to you attention.

Mark Dragonleaf.
I believe they meant to have the name be Angle. I assume this, because, if I am not mistaken, the name Angel can be used as a first name, and if it were to be Angel rather than Angle in the last names part, someone could have the name Angel Angel. Of course, that would be cool if someone could have that name, but I think it's meant to be Angle.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Have you noted that in Azteca, when Morganthe says her lines in Xibalba, the dialogue says,
"You naïve fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet WILL strike." when the audio says, "You little fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet WILL strike." There is also another error in another sentence she says. "I mastered the Celestian Magic to manipulate the comet to my own ends. The Mirror broke, the Horn called, and now the Sky falls." when the audio says, "I mastered the Magic of Celestia to manipulate the comet to my own ends. The Mirror broke, the Horn called, and now the Sky falls." And also, there is another error to her lines. "It's time for me to return home, and build my Celestian Choir. It will be beautiful and awesome."
the audio says, "It's time for me to return home to the Shadow Web, and build my Celestian Choir. It will be beautiful and magnificent." One last error, too. "I almost wish you could live here to see what shape tomorrow will take. But there is someone who wants to meet you." The audio says, "I almost wish you could stay here to see what's coming. But someone wants to meet you." Would you please fix these?

Hannah Moonstone, level 43 Master Theurgist "I will always remember... the Spiral."

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
MythWizardForeves on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
I believe they meant to have the name be Angle. I assume this, because, if I am not mistaken, the name Angel can be used as a first name, and if it were to be Angel rather than Angle in the last names part, someone could have the name Angel Angel. Of course, that would be cool if someone could have that name, but I think it's meant to be Angle.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
Thank You for your reply,
Yes I know that they have the name as a first or second name. The first one is correct.
However, do you know what the word "ANGLE" means? Or how it is pronounced? The "G" in this version of the word has the actual G sound, like in the word "Great". As I stated before, it is a point where 2 lines meet. Example: 90 degree right angle. I understand that you bring up the point, about Angel Angel. But that's why the names are not connected. The name is a choice, for either the first OR the second name. Not both. I also stated that This was meant to be in the context of the game. I don't think that they meant for a name to have a math reference to an intersecting vector point. Read all the names, where does the word Angle fit is to this game at all. If someone had the name "Angel Anglefeather" how much sense does that make in a fantasy realm game like this?, It is a math reference.
Again, I do believe that they meant it to be Angel. Even though they made this wonderful and fascinating game, the programmers can make mistakes. They are human, (I think )

That's why they have this section called "Cyrus Drake's Red correcting pen".
Mark Dragonleaf

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Hey Professor Drake? Can I borrow your red pen for my grammar homework? I lost mine...

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
In the quest, "Not In Kansas Anymore", Dorothy says, "Would you say hello to Private Connolly for me?"
I believe that it should say, "Would you say hello to Private Connelly for me?"

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
there is no Eloise in mb. it freaks my sister out

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
stormkraker on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Thank You for your reply,
Yes I know that they have the name as a first or second name. The first one is correct.
However, do you know what the word "ANGLE" means? Or how it is pronounced? The "G" in this version of the word has the actual G sound, like in the word "Great". As I stated before, it is a point where 2 lines meet. Example: 90 degree right angle. I understand that you bring up the point, about Angel Angel. But that's why the names are not connected. The name is a choice, for either the first OR the second name. Not both. I also stated that This was meant to be in the context of the game. I don't think that they meant for a name to have a math reference to an intersecting vector point. Read all the names, where does the word Angle fit is to this game at all. If someone had the name "Angel Anglefeather" how much sense does that make in a fantasy realm game like this?, It is a math reference.
Again, I do believe that they meant it to be Angel. Even though they made this wonderful and fascinating game, the programmers can make mistakes. They are human, (I think )

That's why they have this section called "Cyrus Drake's Red correcting pen".
Mark Dragonleaf
Angle makes just as much sense as some of the other names used for creating our full names. Angleblade, Anglefist, Anglewalker, Anglesword, Anglestrider, Anglestaff, Anglespear, Anglerunner, Anglehead.... there's all sorts of comedic combos that can be made from it that make perfect sense in a fantasy game. It's a nice way of saying someone is "bent". If it's an error, there's no reason to correct it.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Autumn Summerstone on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
there is no Eloise in mb. it freaks my sister out
Sure she is there, she just has an invisibility spell on her.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
This original message has been removed.
Ha, angle. I only picked angle because it looked like angel, and I am life, so angel is the way to go.

Robert ANGELblade (though I kinda like angleblade...)
Promethean Theurgist

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Healer2704 on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Have you noted that in Azteca, when Morganthe says her lines in Xibalba, the dialogue says,
"You naïve fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet WILL strike." when the audio says, "You little fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet WILL strike." There is also another error in another sentence she says. "I mastered the Celestian Magic to manipulate the comet to my own ends. The Mirror broke, the Horn called, and now the Sky falls." when the audio says, "I mastered the Magic of Celestia to manipulate the comet to my own ends. The Mirror broke, the Horn called, and now the Sky falls." And also, there is another error to her lines. "It's time for me to return home, and build my Celestian Choir. It will be beautiful and awesome."
the audio says, "It's time for me to return home to the Shadow Web, and build my Celestian Choir. It will be beautiful and magnificent." One last error, too. "I almost wish you could live here to see what shape tomorrow will take. But there is someone who wants to meet you." The audio says, "I almost wish you could stay here to see what's coming. But someone wants to meet you." Would you please fix these?

Hannah Moonstone, level 43 Master Theurgist "I will always remember... the Spiral."
And you also have some errors in your post! It's not the Celestian Choir, but the Celestial Choir. You just had a letter wrong! And Morganthe doesn't say "It's time for me to return home to the Shadow Web, and build my Celestial Choir. It will be beautiful and magnificent. I almost wish you could stay here to see what's coming. But there is someone who wants to meet you." This is the entire dialogue (excluding narrator and friends) up to the battle with Malistare the Undying:

Note: Enemies are in green, the Dark Servant/ Malistare the Undying is in blue, and Morganthe is in purple.

Yacate Farwalker: "Shaved Jaguar Cub, you continue to evolve! I have no idea how you got up here. But you are too late! The Shadow Queen has chained the oldest ghosts. These Lords of Night know the song of creation, which they will teach her. Now let me teach you a song of Armageddon! After battle: Cursed Wizard! I didn't want to miss a thing!

The Shadow Queen Morganthe: What just happened? How could anyone have followed us here?

Skurkis Screaming Moon: Wizard, you face the ultimate scream queen! I'm going to throw down with you and make it look good! After battle: Ugh, I'm dying to go.

The Shadow Queen Morganthe: A second obsidian mirror smashed? Someone is introducing dissonance to my song.

Huac Cries Blood: Magician! I will weep for your memory! It is time for this day to die, and a new one to be born out of blood and shadow! After battle: Cry for me, Azteca!

The Shadow Queen Morganthe: Ah, the young wizard is coming. You will have to deal with them (due to genders, it is changed).

Dark Servant: It will be my pleasure.

The Shadow Queen Morganthe: Greetings young wizard! Have you come to congratulate me? What, you think you stopped my ritual? You little fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet will strike. I mastered the Magic of Celestia to manipulate the comet to my own ends. The Mirror broke, the Horn called and now the Sky falls. There is no way to stop it, or destroy it, or change its course. I made sure of that by having my forces delay you down below. It's time for me to return home to the Shadow Web to construct my Celestial Choir. It will be beautiful and magnificent. I almost want to spare you, to let you live... and see what is coming. However, there is someone who wishes to meet you.

Malistare the Undying: Young Wizard, I had nearly forgotten how much I despise you. Now that I lay eyes upon you again, my fury is a black hole of rage, swallowing the light of a thousand dying suns.

The Shadow Queen Morganthe: Goodbye young Wizard. Don't worry. I'll lie to Merle Ambrose and tell him you died well.

Hope this helps with any info needed!

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
This last line is supposed to be a joke. Those who paid attention while doing Cyclops lane will know that when Nolan Stormgate sends us to professor drake to do something about the kidnapped students, Professor Drake sends us to pick up his laundry. He then gives us a note to deliver to Headmaster Ambrose asking for our expulsion from Ravenwood. Headmaster Ambrose's reaction is one of complete irritation towards Professor Drake. Headmaster Ambrose's response:

I will NOT expel you from the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, regardless of what Professor Drake thinks of you!

It of course, is evident that Professor Drake is not too happy to have us at the school. During our tour of Ravenwood (The area, not the school itself), Professor Drake says the following:

Let me guess. Another Conjurer want-to-be taking the Ravenwood tour? How quaint. Professor Drake shakes his head in frustration. I wish they would send us some adept pupils for once... Well, if you wish to attempt to learn some myth spells, come back later and I will see how well you pay attention. Now leave me alone.

Also while doing the Roving Reporter quest, Professor Drake says the following:

You wish to learn about Conjuration? Very well. But I'll only say this once, so listen well. We Conjurers study the epics of our ancestors and bring these legends to life. Through our will and strict discipline, we develop the power of the Mind. Professor Drake glares at you. I can see none of this is sinking in. Don't waste my time. Go bother Professor Falmea instead.
This of course is proof that he doesn't like us.

Though after defeating Malistare, when we are back at Ambrose's house, he admits that he should have trusted ambrose's instincts about us and that though we were off to a rough start, we have become a truly remarkable student.

When we return from Azteca, we tell Professor Drake about the events that occurred there and how we had to battle his brother Malistare in an undead form on the comet Xibalba and that we defeated him and he was sent off into the spiral. He says: By the Spiral! I cannot believe these things to be true! To Headmaster Ambrose at once!

It is shown he also has a sensitive side to him when we return from Sylvia's tomb and tell him that Sylvia appeared in the form of a wraith. He says the following: A Wraith? I... I am shocked... I could never imagine he would do that to her.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
The level 45 Balance wand "Staff of the Justicar" is spelled incorrectly. It should be spelled "Justiciar", which means "Man of Justice", i.e. Judge.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
There is a quest in Tierra de Brea where you mist speak to Tlali Long Cave about a key. He explains that his sister, Chalchiu Green Skirt, hasn't spoken to him since their father died. That's what the audio says. What he really says is: "...haven't spoken since father died." There should be an "our" in between since and father.
Chalchiu does the same thing as well, both need an indicator in the dialogue as to who the father "belongs" to. It is only said in the audio.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
In response to the discussion over where it should be 'Angel' or 'Angle' as a last name selection for wizards, why not instead of changing it keep 'Angle' and add in an 'Angel' option? That was those who already have an 'Angle-whatever' last name can keep it if they so wish and Kingsisle doesn't have to go through and do all sorts of mind boggling changes? I think that's a good compromise don't you agreed?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
In the Tomb of Beguiler, when you enter the room that Serket is in it says something like...
You here a large spider growing in the distance.
It should be growling not growing.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
The teleporter in Bastion which leads to Tyrian Gorge is mislabeled.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Oh I also noticed there is a voice-to-text error for the Tapestry quest in Avalon. Upon completion a wizard is then given a dialogue depicting the life and actions of King Artorius, the Knights of the Silver Rose, and Merle Ambrose. However, halfway through when it talks about King Artorius and Gwendolyn the voice over says something completely (if not mostly) different then what is read in the text.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Survivor
Jan 10, 2014
in the Avalon tapestry in knights hall, it says doleorous tower instead of dolorous tower

Spellcaster

Community Leader
Yeva Spiderkeeper (Dragonspyre - The Crystal Grove)

When you defeat her during the quest "Corrupted Crawlers", her name is spelled "Yeve" as opposed to "Yeva".

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
A crafted athame name is wrong, it says Emerald Bear Caw, and i think it must be Emeral Bear Claw

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In Marleybone the Hat Shop Vendor is called Houghe Warner, yet Mayor Pimsbury refers to him as Hugh at the end of the quest to get the healing potion for the Mayor.

Survivor
May 27, 2012
In Mooshu, in the Tree of Life dungeon, Oakheart gives you a quest saying to plant some seeds in fertilized earth. But when you go to plant the seeds in the dirt, it clearly states "Corrupted Earth" rather than "Fertilised Earth".

Destiny Shadowcaster Level 47

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
When you reach level 12, as a school, the frog professor leaves you a message inside a circular button on the right side of the screen like an alert. (whatever it's called )

he states: "Comic along quite well I see. How bout you come to the school. I have something I need your help with."

I believe it MIGHT need to be "about." Or, " 'bout." I know this isn't a large mistake, but I just found it and supposed maybe could be fixed.

My username: poplipop10179
My wizard who saw this: Kyle SpiritBane

Thanks.