Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix PvP Please!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Please fix PvP! PvP has gotten to the point were it is no longer fun! It was fun when Dragonspyer was around but now it is just whoever has jade armor, treasure cards, and a good pet!

First I will rant about jade armor. Jade armor is way to overpowered! It gives a good defense and offence? Just because you spend money does not mean you can become a war lord like that. I think they should not change it just don't make anything like it again! PLEASE!

Second of all, cheating pets. I have not seen much on this but I think it is very overpowered. Just before I posted this, I got a guy to about 108 health left. Used unicorn from his pet! Now I am a lower level, so it took me a long time for me to get his health that low. and now he was half full! Please limit the cheating pets to PvE only?

This of all, Treasure cards. Treasure cards can kill someone in a shot, again, the money. If they buy packs, you get good treasure cards, meaning you spent good money on this. Now I dislike this. One hit and it can end most people from a good treasure card, like levy. Please limit to your level or a little bit above it? Like if I am level tenth I can only use up to level 30 treasure cards, not like card for Levy.

I have noticed that all the new updates have ruined PvP. It is becoming a larger part of the game, so please don't hurt the players. Now it is just annoying and for people who have the money to spend. PvP should be fixed and If we, the community, speak up I think we can fix it.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
Pets are part of the game. Use doom, and infection.
You mention you are level 10? Don't think jade is really a problem at lower level( don't really care about jade at any level), but still possible to have great resist at low level. PVC gear!!
Tc's are great and ate not going anywhere. Is there to use. Don't need to buy packs. Just buy them at bazaar.
I have 2 new wizards on warlord 2 generation, and is all about time you spend. Farm snacks for pet, make friends to get nice hatchs, farm gold for tc. And watch some warlords out there. Learn a few tricks and make it your way. Pvp is fun!! As always been!!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I agree with William Loki, I had someone at 200 and the pulled out a treasure card and killed me, it was a chimera! And he was only level 28! I am a level38 ice and even my ice armor and tower shields couldn't stop it. So I lost points progressively and eventually went below 500. I was so angry that they could not be patient and work for the spell like us instead of buying it. That takes away the point of doing quests and leveling up.
AI think there should be a limit to what cards they use depending on their level. I would really appreciate it and it would make people have to work for power instead of buying it for 1000 gold at bazaar.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
For me, there is only one thing in pvp that needs fixing, and that is shatter treasure card. I think shatter should be a no pvp treasure card. I have two archmage warlords and I lose to veterans who are first and shatter me. It is a broken treasure card and should be banned from pvp. I don't mind myth using their trained shatter because it is there spell. I can deal with a myth beating me with a move his school gets. But I am tired of being second to a fire who blades, feints, and shatters. Yes, I have fought fires who do this, the school with about six dots to get around shields. That is the only part of pvp that I really thinks needs to be fixed.

Jordan Firestone 81
Jordan Frostfist 88

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I've actually been observing pvp for a while to see how everyone else has been feeling about the jade gear and how it has been effecting pvp. I've gotta admit that it is slightly unfair for most wizards and it's not so much as skill that is need to beat a jade wizard. Sure people always say to use spears, infection, and infallible to get through their high resistance, but while you're setting all that up they have their cards ready to just heal again right after you hit. Or even worse, cast that guardian angel spell. Then you've got to do it all over again because you can't finish them off with a low rank spell. IMO I wondered what was KI thinking when they released the jade gear. That was just an opportunity for life wizards to shell away while they have someone to do all the damages and then heal them when there life is too low.
Something funny and very common that I've seen is that life wizards cast entangle and doom way more than someone who is not wearing the jade gear. It's almost "as if" they have the best of both worlds with damage that no one really resists to, and their super high healing they can do with 2 pips (fairy). Take note you can still win against a jade life wizard or anyone for that matter, but the effort to do so is unnecessary if it doesn't take that much effort for a life to win against you, or worse make a battle last for over 5 hours. Yes, I said 5 hours because it has happened on numerous occasions against life jade wizards.
But hey I could still be wrong, this is just something I've observed and been through myself. *This is not a complaint, it's an observation*

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
WilliamLoki on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Please fix PvP! PvP has gotten to the point were it is no longer fun! It was fun when Dragonspyer was around but now it is just whoever has jade armor, treasure cards, and a good pet!

First I will rant about jade armor. Jade armor is way to overpowered! It gives a good defense and offence? Just because you spend money does not mean you can become a war lord like that. I think they should not change it just don't make anything like it again! PLEASE!

Second of all, cheating pets. I have not seen much on this but I think it is very overpowered. Just before I posted this, I got a guy to about 108 health left. Used unicorn from his pet! Now I am a lower level, so it took me a long time for me to get his health that low. and now he was half full! Please limit the cheating pets to PvE only?

This of all, Treasure cards. Treasure cards can kill someone in a shot, again, the money. If they buy packs, you get good treasure cards, meaning you spent good money on this. Now I dislike this. One hit and it can end most people from a good treasure card, like levy. Please limit to your level or a little bit above it? Like if I am level tenth I can only use up to level 30 treasure cards, not like card for Levy.

I have noticed that all the new updates have ruined PvP. It is becoming a larger part of the game, so please don't hurt the players. Now it is just annoying and for people who have the money to spend. PvP should be fixed and If we, the community, speak up I think we can fix it.
Pets are not cheating.
Levy is not even that powerful by itself. I have 51 storm resist by the way.
Pvp is fine.
Keeping it short.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Pets are not cheating.
Levy is not even that powerful by itself. I have 51 storm resist by the way.
Pvp is fine.
Keeping it short.
-Pets are cheating, not having them is cheating, but randomly using Unicorn is.
-Levy was an example to show that treasure cards can be ridicules at times.
-That is an opinion, and I respect that.
-It was kind of long now that I look at it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011

Jade gear: Agreed.
Pets: Should just get nerfed for only PvP.
Treasure cards: You can use treasure cards as much as they can, strongly disagree. And you can dispel/shield.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I wish that if you have bad ratting or what ever you could reset your pvp ratting, but if you are a commander or warlord than you can not reset your account.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
WilliamLoki on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
-Pets are cheating, not having them is cheating, but randomly using Unicorn is.
-Levy was an example to show that treasure cards can be ridicules at times.
-That is an opinion, and I respect that.
-It was kind of long now that I look at it.

-cheating would be if a first turn wand spell deals 9e117 damage to you; which is somewhere over a duodecillion at least. Pets are not cheating, they are using may cast spells(that, granted, were probably a bad idea to implement. But its not cheating.
-Shield? My level 33 warlord has a 64% storm resistance, but just in case I still always shield when pips get high.
-Well, he is probably posting from America, where you are allowed to do that.
-Nice rant I have to say.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Okay, I have a new lvl 6 death wizard I'm using to get into pvp. Now I got put up against a lvl FOUR pyromancer. I got her HP down to about 50, but then she pulls out a KRAKEN. Thats right, a novice pyromancer had gear that allowed her to one shot me from a deserved victory. How she got gear that gave her a lvl 25-30 spell at lvl FOUR i do not know. But it completely ruined pvp for me. As i've encountered low levels pulling out these higher leveled spells that just destroy me in one hit.

Honestly pvp isn't skill anymore, it's just "who has the best gear " D:

Survivor
May 16, 2013

Pets don't cheat. Its a part of the game. Pet heals are availible to you too. Also TC are availible to you, they are not from packs, they are from bazaar. Or at least for most people. I completely disagree with this article, and if you're level 10, how are you running into jades to have enough reason to complain??

My thoughts on the matter,
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade, someone who believes in PvP

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
In my opinion pvp is fine just the way it is. everyones gear and pets give them advantages, just find a way to work around them. As for the tc they are just fine pretty musch every tc you can find in a pack is available at the bazzar