Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm curious

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Why are the pets energy for training and your energy for gardening one in the same? To be honest it really makes it hard to get a good looking garden!

I mean yahoo that the garden gives you items when you can harvest it, But I'd also like the option to have a rather large garden for variety and looks.

I need my vanity for my houses!!

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
Think about it, if you were to have say 65 energy for pet games and for gardening (at level 50) how easy would it be do both? I rarely get below 20 energy when gardening, and I use the rest for pet games. With this tactic I have gotten two pets up to ancient, and myself up to a rank 7 (expert) gardener.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Yokotsu on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Why are the pets energy for training and your energy for gardening one in the same? To be honest it really makes it hard to get a good looking garden!

I mean yahoo that the garden gives you items when you can harvest it, But I'd also like the option to have a rather large garden for variety and looks.

I need my vanity for my houses!!
garden on one wizard do pet stuff on another then you can use energy for that need only.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree its illogical. The two activities seem very unrelated. Perhaps instead of 'energy' they should have called it 'pixie dust' (or whatever) with the explanation you need this special magical dust to do certain activities.

Anyway masterplat is right. Having a second 'utility' wizard is handy. You can zip a second wizard up to level 15 really fast if you focus on main quest and shared-bank stuff to make it easier.

Another tip: If you go to your castle or dorm regularly, place your large garden(s) in a secondary residence so you don't keep activating the plant 'needs' triggers. Then visit your garden only when you will get optimal benifit out of area spells. If you take care of all plant needs before leaving nothing will die regardless of how long you are gone. Don't revisit unless you have sufficient energy to fully take care of your garden.

Happy Wizarding!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I do is "either or". Either I garden OR train my pet, but NEVER both at the same time; there's just not enough energy to go around. I WISH they would separate energy for farming and pet training.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
dayerider on May 13, 2013 wrote:
What I do is "either or". Either I garden OR train my pet, but NEVER both at the same time; there's just not enough energy to go around. I WISH they would separate energy for farming and pet training.
Same here. One day I will train, the next I garden. We need pet energy and garden energy

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wizardrokz on May 16, 2013 wrote:
Same here. One day I will train, the next I garden. We need pet energy and garden energy
I do it a bit differently. I'll garden till the whole field is back to dirt patches, then train my pet to the max level I want it at, then return to gardening.