Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Dragon Aura

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
While fighting Mazen Stinger Bee I noticed that if I don't already have a star school spell up when she casts Ice Dragon it seems to put an invisible 3 round aura on my wizard. It doesn't show up on the battlefield but the 2D nameplate lists the turns remaining.

Does this have any affect on the fight? Or perhaps is it something leftover from cut mechanics?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Goblynlord on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
While fighting Mazen Stinger Bee I noticed that if I don't already have a star school spell up when she casts Ice Dragon it seems to put an invisible 3 round aura on my wizard. It doesn't show up on the battlefield but the 2D nameplate lists the turns remaining.

Does this have any affect on the fight? Or perhaps is it something leftover from cut mechanics?
It does have an effect, it dispels the next two Ice spells you may cast:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/ItemCard:Frost_Dragon

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
It does have an effect, it dispels the next two Ice spells you may cast:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/ItemCard:Frost_Dragon
I am not talking about the dispel charms it puts on you. If you use/watch the 2D graphic with health and pips listed they also use a symbol and number for the number of rounds left for any star school auras you have on you. If you don't have one when hit by the dragon

According to that the Ice Dragon is also putting a 3 round star school aura on any character that doesn't already have one. The rounds tick down each turn. And if you listen carefully on the last turn you can even hear the cancel noise that all star spell auras make when they end.

That is what I was referring to. Wondering if it actually did anything.