Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Fairy in PVP

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I say play a thousand games before you start pontificating over what is or isn't fair about PvP. I've been playing fairly regularly for a couple years now, and getting a handle on even one school takes some time experience.

This first time I saw a pet cast fairy, I wasn't particularly happy about it, nor was I too happy about the frequency some pets cast it, but it isn't a game changer. There are always ways around things. And there are times you are going to lose because of going second, drawing the wrong cards, or your opponent getting a lucky critical. Losing happens, but winning will happen more often if you stay persistent and keep playing, learning, and adapting to other player's strategies.

For what it's worth, between all my wizards I've probably played 10,000 games. Too bad you can't get paid to play PvP. LoL!

P.S.
PvP attracts some awesome people who you might become friends with, but it also attracts the lowest of the low. So don't take insults too personally, and I highly recommend using the "ignore" button liberally.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
they should make a may cast rebirth pet hahaha

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I have three promethean warlords so don't say I think the ability is overpowered because I can't beat them. But I do think it needs changing. The base damage of a mc fairy is 480 I believe. Almost every commander or warlord at high levels has at least 50% healing boost, that makes this a free 700-900 heal for most prometheans. I wouldn't mind that too much except it seems to be triggered by everything, and it casts more than sprite which already has a high casting rate. On my fire I loaded an efreet on a myth, it hit 3400 damage, that left him with under 1000 health for my finishing helephant the next round. But right after my efreet his pet cast three fairies in a row and shot him back up to full health with his high healing boost. MC fairie is making it so you almost have to take them out in one hit, combos don't work anymore half the time. I think this ability needs to have a lower casting rate and or lower health.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jordan Firestone on May 24, 2013 wrote:
I have three promethean warlords so don't say I think the ability is overpowered because I can't beat them. But I do think it needs changing. The base damage of a mc fairy is 480 I believe. Almost every commander or warlord at high levels has at least 50% healing boost, that makes this a free 700-900 heal for most prometheans. I wouldn't mind that too much except it seems to be triggered by everything, and it casts more than sprite which already has a high casting rate. On my fire I loaded an efreet on a myth, it hit 3400 damage, that left him with under 1000 health for my finishing helephant the next round. But right after my efreet his pet cast three fairies in a row and shot him back up to full health with his high healing boost. MC fairie is making it so you almost have to take them out in one hit, combos don't work anymore half the time. I think this ability needs to have a lower casting rate and or lower health.
Tampering with this is only going to create more problems. I happen to know from my own experience those same pets will go through "DRY" spells in which they will cast very few if any at all in any given battle whether it is in PvP or PvE.

MCs are just as random as many other things in this game. Your best bet is to train and hatch for your own pet. Advanced pets were asked for by the players and KI accommodated us with them. If your only reason for not training and hatching is because it is tedious, then I don't know what to tell you. The fact that players endure the time and tediousness in order to have those pets should not be thrown out the window because some don't. Nor shoud they be nerfed or banned from the Arena.

My own pets have at times kept me fully healed whether I needed it or not and other times no heals at all.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
MC Unicorn and sprite are more problematic:

--pet unicorn is a 3 pip spell that is essentially free for everyone on the unicorn team, and with incoming heal bonus, often heals 450-500 which is about as much as an uncrit unboosted fairy
--they break infections and dispels handily, making anti healing strategies really weak unless you are solidly death mastery

I do think the rate of mc pet healing in pvp is absurd and have waited several minutes while one opponent's samoorai unicorned, then sprited twice, in the same round, and then did it again a couple turns later.

Healing should usually cost a turn, and not be guaranteed via mc pet healing. I pvp on a life wizard with a mc sprite pet, and still have to choose between healing and blading/attacking most of the time. Meanwhile my ice and storm opponents are healing from double digits to full health under Infections within a turn or two, due to hyperactive pets.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Aeden NightStalker on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
they should make a may cast rebirth pet hahaha
Now that would cause a huge, and I mean huge fuss if pets had the ability to cast rebirth.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I not one who complains much, but i have to say i honestly agree, i dont mind MC sprite or unicorn, but MC saves people to much...

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Personally, Kingsisle needs to just take all cast rates and cut it in half; I have a storm beetle with spritely fairy friend unicorn batusi and 10% resist on his pet, and I'm not sure I've died ever while I use it; with a 69% healing boost they can doom and gloom and it still saves me easy; I think they need to put may cast healing spells down to about 1-2% chance of casting, Or put it to 3-5% and have it so it can't trigger off of itself, because everytime my pet starts healing I just go and watch Tv for 5 minutes until its done. Pvp was a lot funner back before Kingsisle started making pets Chuck Norris. As to all the people who are going "Just because you don't have the patience to blah blah blah..." This game has lost almost all of its strategy; You can just leave the computer on and go on a long bike ride and you'll probably win.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Well guess what? You will always meet somebody who can destroy you with a pet or strategy. Work around it, or quit PvP.
Ignore my other post. I don't see how HE should quit just because pets are overpowered. And I do think the cast rate for fairy needs to go down as well.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I think it should be changed to trigger like unicorn(taking damage or casting a heal)but with a rate the same or higher than spritely.