Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Fairy in PVP

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
10
Ok now i know allot of people are gonna be against me when i say this but honestly May cast fairy is a very overpowered talent, I was in a pvp yesterday and a guy would blade wand get hit shield or even his friend would wand and every time the fairy would get cast.. i think the cast rate for this is to high, Unicorn only casts sometimes in pvp, while fairy, a much larger! heal casts with about everything! I really think the cast rate for this should be toned down a bit at least it makes pvp unfair to those who cannot get the talent. Also another problem with the Fairy MC spell is the fact that if a person has Cosmic Kris and Courtly Dirk and any kind of heal boost from clothing, its not like a may cast fairy anymore its more like May Cast Satyr Please Professors do something about this the pvp system is being thrown into shambles with all the new updates.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
dxhiroyuki on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Ok now i know allot of people are gonna be against me when i say this but honestly May cast fairy is a very overpowered talent, I was in a pvp yesterday and a guy would blade wand get hit shield or even his friend would wand and every time the fairy would get cast.. i think the cast rate for this is to high, Unicorn only casts sometimes in pvp, while fairy, a much larger! heal casts with about everything! I really think the cast rate for this should be toned down a bit at least it makes pvp unfair to those who cannot get the talent. Also another problem with the Fairy MC spell is the fact that if a person has Cosmic Kris and Courtly Dirk and any kind of heal boost from clothing, its not like a may cast fairy anymore its more like May Cast Satyr Please Professors do something about this the pvp system is being thrown into shambles with all the new updates.
The "may cast" items are totally random, being in PvE or PvP. It may seem like they cast more, but it's not the case. I seriously doubt that KI is going to change this random feature.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
Well guess what? You will always meet somebody who can destroy you with a pet or strategy. Work around it, or quit PvP.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
dxhiroyuki on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Ok now i know allot of people are gonna be against me when i say this but honestly May cast fairy is a very overpowered talent, I was in a pvp yesterday and a guy would blade wand get hit shield or even his friend would wand and every time the fairy would get cast.. i think the cast rate for this is to high, Unicorn only casts sometimes in pvp, while fairy, a much larger! heal casts with about everything! I really think the cast rate for this should be toned down a bit at least it makes pvp unfair to those who cannot get the talent. Also another problem with the Fairy MC spell is the fact that if a person has Cosmic Kris and Courtly Dirk and any kind of heal boost from clothing, its not like a may cast fairy anymore its more like May Cast Satyr Please Professors do something about this the pvp system is being thrown into shambles with all the new updates.
while i agree that pvp is horribly broken (and that overpowered crowns items only widen the gap), this spell on its own isn't a big deal. i don't do high-level pvp, though a fairy cast on my archmage sorceress heals for about 600-700, so i see how it could be an issue at the upper levels.

last night, i beat a guy who had that spell. right after i hit him, the pet healed almost the full damage back... naturally, he menu-chatted "LOL", but i wasn't done with him.

(soon after, i hit him again. i had so many traps stacked on him that i did 925 with a fire beetle... and subsequently ended the duel. we traded pleasantries and, resisting the urge to LOL back at him, i returned to the lobby a corporal.)



von/nightflame
journeygirl pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
10
I know that it is completely random but this guy is also my friend and even he says its casts more than normal, He told me he was farming and he would cast a blade first round and it would fairy and fairy again and then he would pass and it'd do it. Pvp or not he complains as much as i do, its not the fact that i am annoyed mainly in pvp i just think that it casting as much as it does just makes battles last longer. On top of the fact that it is an uncommon talent..

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Eric Crowspear on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Well guess what? You will always meet somebody who can destroy you with a pet or strategy. Work around it, or quit PvP.
Agreed.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
13
Well you could always hatch for a pet that has the spritely talent. It doesn't even cost that much. Plus no matter the situation there will always be a way to work around the problem. Really there will always be someone that will have nicer gear, stronger TC, or better pets. So truly its a matter of trial and error. If they have better gear you work on your strategy. Over-powering TC? Well then you can go buy some awesome gear or craft some (doesn't have to be crown shop items). Also you can't expect to win everything. There will be some epic wins and then there will be some really bad losses. Just have to have perseverance! Plus you can always switch the type of PvP you play. For example change from 1v1 to 4v4 sometimes that can make all the difference in the world. Anyways best of luck to you.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Okay, people complained about Spritely in PVP, then they complained about Unicorn in PVP, why is it no surprise that people are complaining about Fairy in PvP?

What about Life Bat? I have not seen a complaint about that may cast talent...

Did you or did you not chose to play pvp? Do you expect everyone to have the same gear, pets, talents, spells, and everything exactly as you do?

I have said enough, now serving cheese!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
4
why doesnt ki make it when it casts fairy it takes 2 pips and make it do half the heal im not complaining or anything but i think pets can actually make you a cheater like sylster glowstorm he cheats, i was in pvp once and every blade or shield i used her pet would break it its like waterworks all over again but fairy is bad enough O: O: O: O: O: O: O:

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Some people just truly are not meant for PVP. If you find yourself frustrated because of simple things like pets, then PVP is not for you.

Seriously, PVP takes time, patience, strategy, and lots of effort. If you dont spend the time to get what you need to be prepared, you already lost. You cant seriously just go into a PVP match, think you are all set to face anyone, any rank, any school and just expect to win without any preparation.

So, if you dont expect pets to steal shields, to heal, to blade, etc, if you dont expect your opponent to heal, to attack you, to shield, then you already lost.

So, the best advice, instead of complaining, either try to strategize and prepare or just dont PVP.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Fight fire with fire. That's all I have to say.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
16
@ darthjt

No matter if the people are new to PvP or Wizard 101, pet breeding is annoying as it is and very time consuming to get the right abilities to win the fight or have a chance to win.

To say that a person has no right to go in and just PvP as is, is wrong.

People do not want to sit there and grind to get a pet, crafted gear, and level; just to PvP on the first day. I can understand why new players are frustrated because there is no balance check when it comes to PvP and personally, rather or not this game is free to play, no one in their right mind is going to spend more money on a game, if the PvP aspects are unappealing.

Already KI lost the majority of the hard core PvE player base and slowly the PvP player base is getting bored with each other as they have already gotten everything out of the Wizard Duels.

There is nothing new to keep veteran PvP players interested in renewing their subscription nor is there anything to attract new players into PvPing without going through all the other grinding aspects that veteran PvP players have done over the years.

I am dreading how much of grind it takes to update crafting and I have been hard core grinding the game 14 hours a day to catch up with the latest content patch and I have not even begun Avalon yet after a single month subscription and already becoming bored out of my mind.

So the next time you reply to a new player, please be considerate of how long its going to take them to catch up.

Otherwise you may wake up one day and notice after sitting for a couple of hours in the PvP lounge, there is no one there to play with you.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
PvP is about preparation, and you can't just go in as is. Expecting to just PvP on the first day is unrealistic. PvP is a sideline to the game. The main focus is PvE, which means leveling through quests, crafting/buying/or getting dropped gear to use, and hoping to level/hatch a pet that will help you throughout the game.

The game is played over a period of time. Just because someone might be bored because they can't get the game done within a month's subscription isn't KI's fault, nor is it any other players fault. This isn't a grind-fest to 'catch up'. New players are expected to do what is necessary to stay competitive in PvP, just as the veteran PvP'ers had/have spent a lot of time fine-tuning their gear, strategy, crafting, pets, etc. Don't expect everything to be handed to you on a platter .... you have to work for it, just like everyone else who is committed to be the best they can be in PvP.

So, slow down, take a deep breath, and play the game as a fun, magical, relaxing family game that it is.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
1
PvP is just getting to the point where people rely on pet heals, rather then healing themselves much. They need to remove m.c. fairy, it's getting out of hand. Either that or tone down it's healing to half of a normal fairy.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
29
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
18
dxhiroyuki on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Ok now i know allot of people are gonna be against me when i say this but honestly May cast fairy is a very overpowered talent, I was in a pvp yesterday and a guy would blade wand get hit shield or even his friend would wand and every time the fairy would get cast.. i think the cast rate for this is to high, Unicorn only casts sometimes in pvp, while fairy, a much larger! heal casts with about everything! I really think the cast rate for this should be toned down a bit at least it makes pvp unfair to those who cannot get the talent. Also another problem with the Fairy MC spell is the fact that if a person has Cosmic Kris and Courtly Dirk and any kind of heal boost from clothing, its not like a may cast fairy anymore its more like May Cast Satyr Please Professors do something about this the pvp system is being thrown into shambles with all the new updates.
Ya I agree

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
So, because you fail to take the time and get a pet that has this ability, it's cheap and unfair in PVP? So, because some of you can't fail to defeat a person with a pet that has the Fairy Talent, it's overpowered?

Is everything overpowered in this game? PvP is a choice, you made the choice to play PVP, which does mean, Player vs Player, not Player vs Mob, not Player vs Boss, but Player vs Player, meaning, every person out there that you go up against, has the same options and abilities that you have and that you have the same options and abilities that they have.

If you spent some time in the hatchery or training pets, you might have this pet or a pet with this talent. I am sure some of you also think that TC should be removed too, even though you also can get TC from the Bazaar or farm for them.

The Talent is not to blame or at fault, the strategy is.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
30
Toxen Reignz on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
@ darthjt

No matter if the people are new to PvP or Wizard 101, pet breeding is annoying as it is and very time consuming to get the right abilities to win the fight or have a chance to win.

To say that a person has no right to go in and just PvP as is, is wrong.

People do not want to sit there and grind to get a pet, crafted gear, and level; just to PvP on the first day. I can understand why new players are frustrated because there is no balance check when it comes to PvP and personally, rather or not this game is free to play, no one in their right mind is going to spend more money on a game, if the PvP aspects are unappealing.

Already KI lost the majority of the hard core PvE player base and slowly the PvP player base is getting bored with each other as they have already gotten everything out of the Wizard Duels.

There is nothing new to keep veteran PvP players interested in renewing their subscription nor is there anything to attract new players into PvPing without going through all the other grinding aspects that veteran PvP players have done over the years.

I am dreading how much of grind it takes to update crafting and I have been hard core grinding the game 14 hours a day to catch up with the latest content patch and I have not even begun Avalon yet after a single month subscription and already becoming bored out of my mind.

So the next time you reply to a new player, please be considerate of how long its going to take them to catch up.

Otherwise you may wake up one day and notice after sitting for a couple of hours in the PvP lounge, there is no one there to play with you.
You may think Pet hatching is annoying, but you will find that not everyone will agree with you.

We were given pets as a companion through our adventures in the Spiral. Then players wanted to be able to train them and make them useful. You might be surprised to see how many players are dedicated to training those pets to get the best talents they can.

You claim to be a relatively new player. If this is correct, then there are a lot of things you don't understand about this game. First: PvP is not and never was the PRIMARY aspect of the game. PvE is the base of the game. PvP came in later. Players do spend money to play PvE and never set foot in the PvP Arena.

PvP is broken and has been for quite some time. From what I understand KI is trying to get some of the problems fixed but since making changes in one area of the game can create problems in others, it is a very touchy issue. Under the current conditions I would not take my Fire wizard back into ranked PvP. Practice maybe. She is a lowly private and may just remain so.

I am not sure where you are getting the idea KI has lost it's "Hardcore" PvE player base. In reality, it is the "Softcore" player base that is dwindling. The PvP player base is more frustrated than anything. The Puppet teams have been an issue for a while. How they have been able to upset the Matching system is a little curious but they have. Certain TCs being used has also come up as a problem. Gear, Pets, you name it and someone will find a reason it should not be there.

"Hardcore" grinding for 14 hours a day to catch up in your first month of subbing? The game was not designed to be played that way. Usually only those that want to PvP only do this. If PvP was the Main base for the game, there would be a lot of players not here. Not everyone does PvP and if that were the only reason to be here, I would be long gone.

Others that play both aspects of the game for fun, take their time and enjoy it. If you will look at the rating for this game , it is 10+ family oriented. Not a hardcore game like many others. It does lose that by the time you get to Azteca. In other words, Stop and smell the roses now and then and you might actually enjoy the game for what it really is. You might be surprised how much fun you can actually have.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Toxen Reignz on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
@ darthjt

No matter if the people are new to PvP or Wizard 101, pet breeding is annoying as it is and very time consuming to get the right abilities to win the fight or have a chance to win.

To say that a person has no right to go in and just PvP as is, is wrong.

People do not want to sit there and grind to get a pet, crafted gear, and level; just to PvP on the first day. I can understand why new players are frustrated because there is no balance check when it comes to PvP and personally, rather or not this game is free to play, no one in their right mind is going to spend more money on a game, if the PvP aspects are unappealing.

Already KI lost the majority of the hard core PvE player base and slowly the PvP player base is getting bored with each other as they have already gotten everything out of the Wizard Duels.

There is nothing new to keep veteran PvP players interested in renewing their subscription nor is there anything to attract new players into PvPing without going through all the other grinding aspects that veteran PvP players have done over the years.

I am dreading how much of grind it takes to update crafting and I have been hard core grinding the game 14 hours a day to catch up with the latest content patch and I have not even begun Avalon yet after a single month subscription and already becoming bored out of my mind.

So the next time you reply to a new player, please be considerate of how long its going to take them to catch up.

Otherwise you may wake up one day and notice after sitting for a couple of hours in the PvP lounge, there is no one there to play with you.
The person signing up for Player VS Player Ranked Matches, has decided, that they are in fact, ready for anything. Ready for Treasure cards, ready for pets, ready for shields, ready for an actual person, like them.

Now, just because you lose because you were not ready, or because your opponent had more than you, that is not their fault, they were better prepared, so that makes it your fault.

Making excuses is the easiest way to lose, most do.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
Players have asked for this talent and others to be added into the gene pool. They have worked and trained hard to get their pets to that "Perfect Pet". It does not matter whether they PvP or not, but there would be a lot of rnating on the forums if this was nerfed or even taken away. They don't get these pets from just a single hatching. It can take a very large number of hatches to get that pet for which I personally am trying to do. I have seen some of the Perfect pets in action in PvE and they are very beneficial. If you are not a life wizard, there is a very good chance that pet is going to keep you alive through a difficult battle. Those that have trained them and using them in PvP should not have to avoid using them because unprepared wizards can't beat them.

Your best option is to train a pet up for your self.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
17
jarryd4t on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
why doesnt ki make it when it casts fairy it takes 2 pips and make it do half the heal im not complaining or anything but i think pets can actually make you a cheater like sylster glowstorm he cheats, i was in pvp once and every blade or shield i used her pet would break it its like waterworks all over again but fairy is bad enough O: O: O: O: O: O: O:
Ok first of all think of that. Why would you get 2 pips taken away when your pet casts it? Also what if you dont even need it at the moment? I went against this person with fairy pet, and it casted fairy right at the beginning when i didnt even attack yet. You really do think about what you say, huh?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
10
DragonLady1818 on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
Players have asked for this talent and others to be added into the gene pool. They have worked and trained hard to get their pets to that "Perfect Pet". It does not matter whether they PvP or not, but there would be a lot of rnating on the forums if this was nerfed or even taken away. They don't get these pets from just a single hatching. It can take a very large number of hatches to get that pet for which I personally am trying to do. I have seen some of the Perfect pets in action in PvE and they are very beneficial. If you are not a life wizard, there is a very good chance that pet is going to keep you alive through a difficult battle. Those that have trained them and using them in PvP should not have to avoid using them because unprepared wizards can't beat them.

Your best option is to train a pet up for your self.
Well I personally wasn't asking for them to just straight up remove it but tone down its may cast rate a bit, I fought a person the other day who's pet would fairy when i shielded, then if he healed himself it would fairy again. I like the pet talent personally but even my friends who have the talent say that it casts to much, it makes pvp last forever and it makes Life (with 70+ resist) almost impossible to kill Yes i know that people train them forever because believe me i'm still working on a the "perfect pet" but that doesnt mean that it shouldn't be toned down even a slight bit.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
dxhiroyuki on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Well I personally wasn't asking for them to just straight up remove it but tone down its may cast rate a bit, I fought a person the other day who's pet would fairy when i shielded, then if he healed himself it would fairy again. I like the pet talent personally but even my friends who have the talent say that it casts to much, it makes pvp last forever and it makes Life (with 70+ resist) almost impossible to kill Yes i know that people train them forever because believe me i'm still working on a the "perfect pet" but that doesnt mean that it shouldn't be toned down even a slight bit.
In other words, another nerf for PvP that will also affect PvE? Just like all the other nerfs for PvP.

What about the players that don't PvP? Those pets can make the difference between surviving or dying in a boss battle. I have been working on that perfect pet too and not for PvP purposes. For once it would be nice if some PvPers would just leave things alone. Not all PvPers are going to agree with this. They trained those pets on purpose and now because some can't seem to get around them so easy, they want them TONED down.

I find that when a player can't gain the advantage over another because of a pet or a spell or even gear, they start screaming to nerf it or remove it completely. Train your own pets up, use those TCs you have and that gear, but stop nerfing pets, spells and gear when it will affect PvE. PvE is the base of this game NOT PvP.

As long as the PvP system is broken anyway, Why do so many persist in wanting things nerfed. If you don't have that pet, TCs or gear, then you are not ready to PvP. Prepare for it first but leave things alone that affect PvE.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
84
In order to get a good pet, you have to work for it. I have both Cosmic Kris and Stellar Signet, and am currently working on getting myself a fairy pet.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
2
Its not that big of a deal you can just put a minus heal on them so the Fairy would be weak.

1