Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I just cannot get into Fishing

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I want to get into Fishing but it seems like a hassle to me.
Can anyone provide some fishing tips?
I don't like how I have to waste energy to look for the type of fish in the water. Especially when I have to use it multiple times to look for the fish school I am looking for. And then having to use it again when the fish of that school wasn't the one I wanted... Energy is used for far too much, Pet Training, gardening, Fishing... It is hard to manage my energy to where I can have fun. Like, whenever I garden and then want to pet train but I already used all my energy gardening... Of course there is the crowns option like there ALWAYS is, but I don't want to waste money on that.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
First off, I recommend stop gardening and pet training while you fish. I did a "quest" if you will on catching all of the fish. Now that I've finished, I hopped back into gardening and pet training. It helps you conserve your energy so you don't juggle those three things. Also, play grub guardian for energy elixirs if you don't want to "waste" money. Tanglewood way is a good source for energy elixirs. Just make sure you get into the correct drop table. You can find a guide on it over on Duelist101. And when you reveal school, you are actually saving energy. Instead of catching of fish hoping it will be a life (storm, death, etc.) using that spell will confirm that it is the right school and then you won't waste lures on the wrong fish. Timor Flamecaster in the Labyrinth has winnow spells that scare away all fish except of the school of your choice. Good luck, and I hope you can get into fishing!