Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Dragonspyre getting harder to solo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Hello.I am a level 44 necromancer who is currently in the world of Dragonspyre. And ever since I started Dragonspyre, I've always dreaded the solo towers but I guess we can now do them with friends.However, even if we are able to do it with friends, it feels as if it's getting harder to defeat the bosses and minions since I could solo a lot of bosses and battles in the previous worlds before I reached Dragonspyre.Is anyone else having trouble defeating the creatures in DragonspyreIf so, what was the problem and how did you manage to solve itI think I just need to level up and get a better deck, but, I would really like to hear from other players about their experiences with battling creatures in Dragonspyre before I have to defeat Malistaire and move on to the world of Celestia.
From,Scarlet Deaththorn.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
To be honest, my Dragonspyre Experience was a bit of a struggle (not really), but still, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. You see, In the end I ended up Beating Dragonspyre (Yes, the WHOLE entire world - from the Cyrus Drake Battle to the Malistaire Dungeon) in 3 and a half days It may sound Unbelievable, but it's true. I had 2 other friends added that were at the same point in the game as I was, and we just went on and quested together, for around 6 hours every day (lol) for 3.5 days; and we eventually beat Dragonspyre (aah the nostalgia ) So if you are really having trouble, I suggest you try to bring along some friends (except for in the solo towers, of course; you'll have to come up with some strategy on your own to beat those ), or possibly, if you have the time, you can try to find 1 or 2 (maybe even 3 ) questing buddies who are having the same problem.

I hope you can move on to Celestia quite quickly

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

~P.S.-
If you haven't reached The Labyrinth dungeon yet, it is a STRUGGLE

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
It's definitely a step up from Mooshu. But IMO opinion Celestia and especially Wintertusk are harder for their level than Dragonspyre. The only boss I ever have trouble soloing in Dragonspyre is Malistaire. The simple street creatures are pretty easy. Some tips:

1) Be sure you learn how to properly build a deck. Throwing a bunch of random spiffy looking cards into your deck until you reach the card limit is a good way to insure a loss. Your deck should have ONLY the cards you absolutely need, get rid of everything else, extra cards just make it harder to draw the important ones. Counting item cards, my street fight deck typically has about 15 cards, and my boss deck about 22. Many players would say I have too many cards in my decks. Beware of equipping gear that gives you item cards you don't use, that's just more deck clutter. Get in the habit of tweaking your deck before every fight.

2) Use decent gear. You don't really need to farm gear in the first arc, but it does pay to check the bazaar every 5 or 10 levels and look for better gear than you're using. Note that the bazaar buy gear window can be sorted by clicking the column heads, click "usable", the top of the school column once and the top of the level column twice and you have the highest level school gear you can use at the top of the list. When you visit the bazaar, sell off everything in your backpack you aren't using, this generates gold to buy new gear with. Beware of feeding unused items to pets, as this can cost you a lot of gold.

3) A really good pet is enormously helpful. You can't really get a decent pet by buying one. You will need to hatch a few times with people who have high pedigree pets to get one that exhibits mostly useful talents. Some pet item cards are very useful, but beware of pets that give you useless item cards that will clutter your deck. I have a pretty spiffy enchanted armament pet I'll hatch with you if you want to set up a meet.