Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitch with Malistaire drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2012
I ran a Darkmoor last night and received balance school drops when I was playing on my death wizard.

Getting what we want can be hard enough already with the correct school drops, we do not need to be getting off school drops as well when they are no-trade.

Please, fix this.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
Hello & Good Day -

I have been in the Graveyard portion of Castle Darkmoor about 10 times since the new Update / Additions to the Game on 4/20 - 4/21. One thing I noticed in those runs is that I am now receiving Off-School Gear. I have never encountered this Problem before the Updates went into effect....

Now it is difficult enough not only to get Teams together to run this Dungeon in a timely fashion, but the Drop Rates on the actual Gear that you were probably farming for is already extremely low as it is. Since all of the Gear that is dropped in Castle Darkmoor is "No Trade" and "No Auction" already, it makes absolutely no sense that we should be able to receive Off-School Gear that will only be sold for Gold or feed to Pets.

Please!!!! Fix this Issue that was not an Issue before the most recent Updates.

Thank you for your time and a Great Day!!!! Cheers!!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I've noticed that since the socket update went live, we are getting a lot of off-school low-tier gear from Yevgeny and even Malistaire. Running on my death I have gotten ice school armor, myth low-tier athame, fire boots, etc.

I noticed before this, very very rarely I would get an off school item, but now it is happening nearly every fight.

I've run about 80 darkmoor runs on 4 wiz and the increase seems noticeable and significant. Others have seen it too.

Wondering whether this can be toned down a little. Since the gear we're getting is no-trade no-auction, it sort of ruins the experience. Meanwhile, I have not seen anyone on our speed run team get their school-appropriate top tier athame since shortly after the Darkmoor content went live. Maybe because the off-school drops are crowding out the appropriate drops?

Perhaps this needs a closer look.

Thanks!

Administrator
Hello all,

I combined the 3 threads since they are about the same issue.

Could you please share more specific information about the item you received? What was the item name? What is your school? Which boss did you defeat when you received it?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 21, 2012
I am a death wizard and received the balance ring, Herald of Darkmoor's Seal, from Malistaire. There was some other balance item too but sadly I forget which.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hi,

I sent a more detailed email with pictures of the drops I got from malistaire in my last 3 runs of darkmoor graveyard.

Pretty much every run, Malistaire is dropping off-school items. Sometimes to the exclusion of any items I can use, at all.

My balance got low-tier life boots and a low-tier ice robe. No balance items.

My life got the middle-tier myth ring, as well as the low-tier life hat.

In the next run, my life got the low-tier fire boots, as well as the low-tier life athame.

In the last 2 runs, I was running another account with my death wiz. He got 4 items in one run - low-tier death mace, low-tier fire mace, death deck, and top tier death boots. On the second tandem run, he got low-tier storm robe and top-tier death wand.

Not sure how the non-school-appropriate items crept into the drop tables, but they are increased across the other bosses in Graveyard, too. And we're not really seeing any jewels here, either. I understand that they are supposed to be rare, and the top tier athames have always been rare at Yevgeny. But now Yevgeny's pretty much dropping all schools low tier items at random. And Shane is doing it too.

Two wizards, six runs. Not a large sample size, but it's noticeable.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This post is an update of the same issues.

I have since run 3 more graveyard runs. At Yevgeny, my death got 3 items - junk life school athame, junk storm helm, and junk life boots. My storm was also running in that group and got the same junk school life athame the death did. No school-appropriate drops here.

At Malistaire, both wizards got 1 junk-tier school wand. But they also got a second item, a junk off-school item. The storm also got a polished defense peridot.

Does Malistaire drop jewels now, in place of Malistaire gear? If so, do these drops replace or compete with Malistaire drops? The jewel is one of the more common varieties one can get from any mob in KHR, so I thought it must have been from one of the minions, but that did not explain the absence of a second school-appropriate drop for her.

I am concerned because although nobody has said so, we have been led to reason that Malistaire, at least, will drop one item of our school per incarnation defeated. This has not been the case! And in Yevgeny's case, he is dropping items totally at random. Since the jewel update, I have received 0/6 school-appropriate drops from his battle.

I realize this is a small sample size, but can someone look into this? I am totally cool with not running this dungeon but my friends and clanmates still need gear.

Administrator
crunkatog on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

I sent a more detailed email with pictures of the drops I got from malistaire in my last 3 runs of darkmoor graveyard.

Pretty much every run, Malistaire is dropping off-school items. Sometimes to the exclusion of any items I can use, at all.

My balance got low-tier life boots and a low-tier ice robe. No balance items.

My life got the middle-tier myth ring, as well as the low-tier life hat.

In the next run, my life got the low-tier fire boots, as well as the low-tier life athame.

In the last 2 runs, I was running another account with my death wiz. He got 4 items in one run - low-tier death mace, low-tier fire mace, death deck, and top tier death boots. On the second tandem run, he got low-tier storm robe and top-tier death wand.

Not sure how the non-school-appropriate items crept into the drop tables, but they are increased across the other bosses in Graveyard, too. And we're not really seeing any jewels here, either. I understand that they are supposed to be rare, and the top tier athames have always been rare at Yevgeny. But now Yevgeny's pretty much dropping all schools low tier items at random. And Shane is doing it too.

Two wizards, six runs. Not a large sample size, but it's noticeable.
Hello,

The below was sent in response to your email on May 4.

Drops from bosses in dungeons are usually school specific, but not always. In this case, Sabatons of the Living Dead, Darkmoor Armor of Shivers, Gargoyle’s Circle and Brimstone Boots of Darkmoor are all drops that can come from the following enemies:
• Draconian Pyromancer
• Draconian Sorcerer
• Draconian Necromancer
• Draconian Pyromancer
• Draconian Thaumaturge
• Draconian Theurgist
• Draconian Conjurer
• Draconian Diviner

When you defeat Malistaire and his minions (the draconians) you get rewards from both! This is working as intended.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your response Prof Greyrose.

I read it with due diligence and still found discrepancies.
This is why we are still asking your help in sorting out this issue.

We are all aware the minions drop off-school junk items.

The problem isn't that. The problem is, Malistaire and Yevgeny are NOT dropping school-appropriate items of any kind. Either their drops are being replaced by something else (jewels? off-school gear?) or they are not firing.

Thanks again in advance for taking a closer look at this issue in your coding.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Drops have changed since the update. We're getting more off school items than before, and fewer of the top tier Malistaire things.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Hello Professor Greyrose,

This is what I got on my last run which ended 5/15/15 @6pm est.

Platemail of the Living Dead(Life), von Shane Family Signet(Life), Sharp Edge of the Void(Death).

I was on my life wizard.

These were all dropped by Malistare.

I also have screenshots if needed.

Thank you.